Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Dirtiest hotels in Asia

Fortunately none from Ph in the top 10 (info from Trip Advisor)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/DirtyHotels-g2

Thing is, what may not be acceptable to our usual standards, may seem like class to the Asian people.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

We stayed in a Hotel in Rishikesh,India that was so bad even the roaches were queuing to leave.Our office in Delhi had prebooked it and the town was full due to the Holi festival. There is also one in Bagio that would make the top ten

Respected Member
    I've just stayed at one in Makati that should have made the top 10 (The Citadel, P.Bourgos St), no roaches but the ceiling was like a paper mache mushy mess due a flood or leak in the room above, the place stank of damp, the bathroom and shower had a foul damp smell with rotten grout and sealant, loose tiles everywhere. The lift was so slow and old, it would have actually been quicker to walk to my room on the 29th floor But for 1900 a night in Makati I was never going to expect a palace

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Fortunately none from Ph in the top 10 (info from Trip Advisor)

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/DirtyHotels-g2
    thats a good thing....what about top 20 then lol

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I've just stayed at one in Makati that should have made the top 10 (The Citadel, P.Bourgos St), no roaches but the ceiling was like a paper mache mushy mess due a flood or leak in the room above, the place stank of damp, the bathroom and shower had a foul damp smell with rotten grout and sealant, loose tiles everywhere. The lift was so slow and old, it would have actually been quicker to walk to my room on the 29th floor But for 1900 a night in Makati I was never going to expect a palace
    Makes the one I stayed in for P3000 seem real posh
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Makes the one I stayed in for P3000 seem real posh
    For 2600 a night The Lotus Garden and Best Western in Ermita are really good hotels. If they were in a better area they would be 4 or 5K a night easily. Really clean, well dec'd out, quality furnishings and nice bathrooms, decent sized rooms. I think I'll go back there next time I'm in Manila

We stayed in a Hotel in Rishikesh,India that was so bad even the roaches were queuing to leave.
    I stayed in the sikh golden temple in amritsar,i had an austrian girlfriend at the time who thought it would be a lifechanging mystical experience(it wasnt)but the charpois were home to zillions of bedbugs who syphoned my claret overnight and left me with an almighty itchy rash,you could have played dot-to-dot on my back the next morning and came up with some great pics

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    I've been to India quite a few times and never had a bad experience, but then again for about a fiver a night my hopes and expectations weren't that high anyway Plenty of lobster sized roaches in the bathroom, and a few frogs and lizards in the room, but at least the frog and lizards kept the mossies at bay
    The only place I've had insects in the bed was a Holiday Inn Express just outside Torrevieja on the Costa Blanca, the bed was crawling with ants

Trusted Member

I win.

Respected Member
    Well done Graham
    Was that before or after your stay

Thread Information