Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    A lot depends on where you are travelling from ie which airport.
    Correct Andy. Flying from Heathrow is a lot cheaper.

I found Gatwick slightly cheaper than Heathrow with Emirates. Use skyscanner or kayak to search for the best deals, and then review the travel agent before committing.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Royal Brunei have a special offer on for £529 through crystal Travel from 2 March-27th March and 2nd April- June 21st.

Emirates offering £604 return at the moment

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hello Admin, this is very old post....... ADVERTISING POST REMOVED PLEASE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE FORUM. IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE ON THE FORUM CONTACT ADMIN FOR OPTIONS. ANY FURTHER ADVERTISING POSTS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Travel View Post
    Hello Admin, this is very old post your need is fullfilled but kindly subscribe our weekend newsletter for best cheapest travel deals.

Why not you avail of the forum's advertisement banners so you can promote your travel deals to the members here? Just click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page instead of promoting your company in every post.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I had to book a flight at short notice on Thurs for my wife, she travelled Fri morn with Cathay to Clarke for £610 return, pretty good price I thought.

Trusted Member
    Yeah...pretty good that for short notice and decent airline.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    I had to book a flight at short notice on Thurs for my wife, she travelled Fri morn with Cathay to Clarke for £610 return, pretty good price I thought.
    Very good price short notice especially going to Clark. Cost me £630 with Cathay going to Clark last year and that was booked 2 months in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Great stuff
    Good price for Cathy. I actually prefer Clark.

I have to follow now so will be looking to fly, probably on Wed, so hope our friends can come up with similar price. That's with 30k baggage allowance.
    The only drawback was being unable to choose seating , but due to circumstances for travel the check in staff allocated my wife and her sister row of 3 seats for the two of them. It doesn`t matter for me as I will be travelling alone.

Flight under £600.I searched and found a flight for
    £ 562.95 GBP
    Price per adult:
    Total price including tax and booking fee: £ 562.95 GBP

Outbound: Sat 01 February 14
    Departing

Arriving

Duration

Availability

Airline

09:30
    London Heathrow Apt, United Kingdom

16:25
    + 1 day(s)
    Manila Ninoy Aquino International Apt, Philippines

1 stop(s)
    22:55

good

Kuwait Airways
    [Kuwait Airways]

Inbound: Sat 22 February 14
    Departing

Arriving

Duration

Availability

Airline

23:15
    Manila Ninoy Aquino International Apt, Philippines

16:00
    + 1 day(s)
    London Heathrow Apt, United Kingdom

1 stop(s)
    24:45

good

Kuwait Airways
    [Kuwait Airways] this was only a search I doubt if I'll be going

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Very good price short notice especially going to Clark. Cost me £630 with Cathay going to Clark last year and that was booked 2 months in advance.
    Prices for Clark this June are around £1000
    Even returns to Manila are around £900
    The last time i came back from Clark (April) the plane was full so it looks like Cathay have adjusted their prices accordingly now this route has become popular

I prefer flying Cathay Pacific but i cant justify paying £300 extra over airlines like Singapore

There are still deals to be had if you are willing to do a bit of leg work.
    Look for a flight to either Hong Kong or Singapore on such web sites as Skyscanner or Kayak and see what deals you can come up with, then look at Tiger Airways, Phil Air, or Cebu Pacific for the connecting flight to Clark.
    Things to remember doing it this way though
    1. Check your connecting time between flights, you will have to collect your luggage and book in again.
    2. Luggage allowance, just because your first flight allows you a 30kg allowance you may only get a 20kg on the next leg.

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    Prices for Clark this June are around £1000
    Even returns to Manila are around £900
    The last time i came back from Clark (April) the plane was full so it looks like Cathay have adjusted their prices accordingly now this route has become popular

I prefer flying Cathay Pacific but i cant justify paying £300 extra over airlines like Singapore
    When I went last June the route between HK and Clark with DragonAir (Cathay) was new, about a week old, and there were only about 20 people on the plane.

never flown into clark, what the disadvantage and whats the advantages to flying there, and if our destination was say cavite and marikina then onwards to bohol would it be worth it over manila

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    There are still deals to be had if you are willing to do a bit of leg work.
    Very true.

As with everything it depends where your final destination is, you wouldn't fly into Gatwick if your final destination was Glasgow would you.
    If your destination is Cavite or Marikina then the obvious choice is Manila, but if you want to go to Bohol then check the internal flights from either Clark or Manila and see which one suits your pocket or timescale.

the trouble with the phils there is no final destination, i am the sort of person that always wants to see what is around the corner

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    When I went last June the route between HK and Clark with DragonAir (Cathay) was new, about a week old, and there were only about 20 people on the plane.
    Yes it was like that back in November also but in April it was a big change

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    never flown into clark, what the disadvantage and whats the advantages to flying there, and if our destination was say cavite and marikina then onwards to bohol would it be worth it over manila
    Anything that avoids the scrum at Manila airport has to be a good thing
    Flying into Manila airport is not so bad but flying out is a real pain

traffick getting to the airport
    long lines just to get inside the airport
    long check in lines
    long lines at immigration
    awful toilets
    awful food

Flying out of Clark avoids all the above and getting through to the departure lounge at Clark is a breeze

Clark's only practical if you're going north of Manila or catching a domestic flight. Clark only serves four cities in the Phils at the moment, Davao, Puerto Princesa, Kalibo and Cebu so unless you want to visit Cebu then get a boat to Bohol, it's best to fly to Tag from Manila. And as Cavite/Marikina are on Manila's doorstep it's a no brainer unless you fancy a 2+ hour road trip from Pampanga.

The new airport on Panglao Island might be served by Clark once it opens though.

Didn't realise it only served four cities, thanks Jamie. Can see this changing quite soon though as Etihad and Emirates both start flying into Clark later this year.
    Haven't used Clark myself yet, but will do just to avoid Manila and the traffic, not to mention the so called lounge at Manila.

looking at flights last night and there are some good prices, still would love to go for xmas and new year but silly prices at the mo, Oct/Nov time comes down alot

Didn't realise it only served four cities, thanks Jamie. Can see this changing quite soon though as Etihad and Emirates both start flying into Clark later this year.
    Haven't used Clark myself yet, but will do just to avoid Manila and the traffic, not to mention the so called lounge at Manila.
    Those four cities all have international airports so I can't see that trend changing although there a few airports currently being built that will cater for flights from HK, S. Korea etc such as Panglao and the new one in Bicol.

Can't speak for the other three, but Puerto Princessa was definitely only a domestic airport when I was there only 2 months ago.

Can't speak for the other three, but Puerto Princessa was definitely only a domestic airport when I was there only 2 months ago.
    It only has domestic flights currently but is classed as international just like Bacolod and General Santos who also only cater for domestics.

Just like the new one at San Vicente, being touted as an International so the Koreans would buy land on the 14km stretch of beach at vastly over inflated prices. In reality it will only ever be a domestic, and that's if it's ever finished.

Just like the new one at San Vicente, being touted as an International so the Koreans would buy land on the 14km stretch of beach at vastly over inflated prices. In reality it will only ever be a domestic, and that's if it's ever finished.
    San Vicente in Palawan? Could be, but maybe it's to serve that area and El Nido as EN only has a diddy airport only suitable for charter flights.

Trusted Member
    looking at flights last night and there are some good prices, still would love to go for xmas and new year but silly prices at the mo, Oct/Nov time comes down alot
    I used to go just before the 'high season' prices began, (usually around mid Nov) and then stay in the Phils to at least Jan 7. Nice long holiday and not too dear.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information