Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steve monty View Post
    This is the strange thing, only a couple of days ago after reading posts that I was in Boracay at the same time as stevewool back in Jan '10!!! We also stayed at the same hotel, Fairways and Bluewater also!!!
    wow if only , i did not see any other so called white person there at all, fairways , in through the gate off the road turn right then down to the bottom villis that was our place, a nice place the beach was amazing we had it all to ourselves but the next week we stayed at oceanbreeze. soooooooooooooooooooooo nice and cheaper too

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    wow if only , i did not see any other so called white person there at all, fairways , in through the gate off the road turn right then down to the bottom villis that was our place, a nice place the beach was amazing we had it all to ourselves but the next week we stayed at oceanbreeze. soooooooooooooooooooooo nice and cheaper too
    Well you wouldn't have saw us at breakfast as we never got up for that! well only a few times, usually sat there and watched the Basketball on the TV there!

We were staying at the Maria and Margarita complex, from the way you were talking you were on the other side of the golf course to us. We did make use of drink all you can between 5-7 for 250php each!

I would love to stay on white beach, but all the resorts seem so expensive. Is oceanbreeze actually on the beachfront?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve monty View Post
    I would love to stay on white beach, but all the resorts seem so expensive. Is oceanbreeze actually on the beachfront?
    Crystal Sands Resort is on the beach front, it used to be 2200 peso a night and it was nice, they are all getting dearer now, June through August can be a bit cheaper though and you can still get good weather even then.

Respected Member
    Let me correct my post, I've just done some research on current prices and it's gotten ridiculous what used to be per room prices are now per person prices and what used to be 2200 peso is now 3995 peso :(

So basically nearly 4 times the price it was just 3 years ago.

Real shame I won't ever be going back at those prices.

oceanbreeze is at station 3 a walk up a alley way and you were there, so to me it was close enough, we paid £150 for the week and you had a kitchen in the garden were you could cook all your food , well emma cooked all my food

the only reason we used fairways was its part on the timeshare i use other then that i could not afford those places ,oceanbreeze was a so call back packers place but was so nice and a fresh made coffee outside your door every morning, a realy nice place to be

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    Let me correct my post, I've just done some research on current prices and it's gotten ridiculous what used to be per room prices are now per person prices and what used to be 2200 peso is now 3995 peso :(

So basically nearly 4 times the price it was just 3 years ago.

Real shame I won't ever be going back at those prices.
    2009, we paid P1375 per room with A/C and cable TV just a few meters up an ally walkway from the beach. Simple but very nice. Although the CR didn't work too good.
    My gosh, is it really that price now.
    Hey Bohol here I come!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    2009, we paid P1375 per room with A/C and cable TV just a few meters up an ally walkway from the beach. Simple but very nice. Although the CR didn't work too good.
    My gosh, is it really that price now.
    Hey Bohol here I come!
    We've use the off beach places before too a couple of times but only because of availability issues wasn't that much cheaper than we could have got if we had booked earlier.

These are web prices, I think I might call to see if I could get a better direct price, problem is Boracay is getting a name internationally now so I think they are all just cashing in. The switch to per person pricing is just ridiculous

And at the end of the day Boracay is far too commercial now anyway, it's not what it used to be, sadly I missed it back in the unspoiled days.

Well, I just bought my ticket through Southhall Travel. I generally leave it a bit late to book, but i think i did ok. I wanted to go for April back in May. £545 with Royal Brunei
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Banned
    Thanks for the info., they have been quite useful to me. I'll be flying to Manila next month but was skeptical about the timings. My experience with Emirates airlines has been quite good but 19 hrs. journey from Amsterdam is too long!! Need to look at the alternatives.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I usually take a similar view Terpe, and fly from my local airport, Birmingham, with either KLM or Emirates. I can't fault either of them for service, travel time and transfers, but I usually pay between £600 and £700 for this level of convenience. I went to the Phils 3 times last year, but wanted to go 4 times this year. I have a maximum budget for my annual travels, and the extra trip this year has meant that I've had to cut back on my flight costs and compromise. I managed to get an Emirates flight from Brum to HK for August, but I've had to go for cheaper options with Saudi for April and December to squeeze in my extra trip.
    mark cant handle the transfers and long travel so he settled for emirates at £711.02. now i have to be the host
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hey Bohol here I come!
    i want to go there too. i hope it wont be too costly. its summer and peak season for travel around the PH
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Manchester - Manila
    KLM & SIA are doing discount on certain May/June flights: £650 .... Priceline
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Whether you are travelling, booking or not. If you discover any cheap flights to the Phil that can actually be booked then please let everyone know here.
    As of Jan 2011, anything under £600 is a good price.
    I WISH, ive just been quoted £978 from belfast to Butuan city, i paid more or less the same lasnt Nov or Dec to fly out on Jan 2011. thats without insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by briancol View Post
    I WISH, ive just been quoted £978 from belfast to Butuan city, i paid more or less the same lasnt Nov or Dec to fly out on Jan 2011. thats without insurance.
    You do live in a foreign country

Most flights we quote are based on LHR>MNL or MAN>MNL

You don't have to take what you are given. You can book a flight to say Heathrow yourself. Then book LHR to Hong Kong, then book another seperate flight to your destination.

You'll find a lot of airlines are not included in the online sites. For instance going to Vegas you only get quoted the big US airlines, yet just go to Chicago, and book your own flight onto to Vegas with SouthWest Airlines. Sometimes this can work out cheaper, however you're luggage is not checked through doing it this way, but if it saves £200 or so, it has to be worth it.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

booked a flight from edinburgh to manila last week with KLM and i was £704. fly out the 2nd week of may and come back the first week of june.

Qatar are doing good deals right now with only 1 hr 30 min stop overs in Doha into Heathrow
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Most are with Saudia, but there are other options, if price is important, well worth a look.
    They list from £380 depart from Heathrow, arrive Manila.
    My last flight was £399 at quite short notice.
    Given a choice I prefer KLM, more direct less hanging around. Cathay Pacfic is also good choice.

hi everyone
    im new here and have been fascinated by the relevant and often usefull info on this site ive been dating a lovely girl in the phils for over three yrs ive always booked last thing within days of leaving and of course paying prices from £600 to £800 depending on the season xmas being the worse
    what i would like to find info on is flying to alternative airports that do exist
    i hate the experience of flying to mailla then usually a taxi to the coach depot then onwards to a city called olongapo which often takes up to 4or more hrs after 15+ hrs of flying time its not great
    near olongapo city well about an hr or so is a popular city called angeles there is an old us military airport known as clark airport which does have a couple of companies flying in and out of there
    one i know to be a small company called tiger airlines and a larger company asiana airlines
    tiger fly to singapore a usefull stop over place to get to the philippines
    has any one tried or even flied to here?????????
    i did find timetables etc for tiger airlines which fly small prop propelled planes here the prices seem cheap to
    i have not been brave enough to risk flying to singapore then making my way to clark via this airline
    my obvious concern is the reliability of the service and information on the internet
    i do know angeles is a popular place for tourists etc esp american so someone must of tried this method
    it would save me hrs rather than cost and be so much easier for my girl to meet me here
    any help tips or advice even experience of using this airport would be great
    olongapo has a great airport but since the americans handed back the base its on back into filipino control only fed ex seem to fly in there shame for me
    thanks for reading even more if i get any replies

Malaysia Airlines have a flight sale at the moment. book now until the 17 May. and the travel period is 15 August to 31 March 2012. You might be able to select a flight which is £1 excluding taxes.

Hope this helps people.

everything goes expensive!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmitch537 View Post
    hi everyone
    im new here and have been fascinated by the relevant and often usefull info on this site ive been dating a lovely girl in the phils for over three yrs ive always booked last thing within days of leaving and of course paying prices from £600 to £800 depending on the season xmas being the worse
    what i would like to find info on is flying to alternative airports that do exist
    i hate the experience of flying to mailla then usually a taxi to the coach depot then onwards to a city called olongapo which often takes up to 4or more hrs after 15+ hrs of flying time its not great
    near olongapo city well about an hr or so is a popular city called angeles there is an old us military airport known as clark airport which does have a couple of companies flying in and out of there
    one i know to be a small company called tiger airlines and a larger company asiana airlines
    tiger fly to singapore a usefull stop over place to get to the philippines
    has any one tried or even flied to here?????????
    i did find timetables etc for tiger airlines which fly small prop propelled planes here the prices seem cheap to
    i have not been brave enough to risk flying to singapore then making my way to clark via this airline
    my obvious concern is the reliability of the service and information on the internet
    i do know angeles is a popular place for tourists etc esp american so someone must of tried this method
    it would save me hrs rather than cost and be so much easier for my girl to meet me here
    any help tips or advice even experience of using this airport would be great
    olongapo has a great airport but since the americans handed back the base its on back into filipino control only fed ex seem to fly in there shame for me
    thanks for reading even more if i get any replies

I have flown in and out of Clark with Tiger Airways flying Australia Singapore Clark. Excellent value for the money.

In addition look at Air Asia they also use Clark as their hub.

Also Aiir manila.

Happy travels

Trusted Member
    Helloooo....and

Why not put a post in the 'introduce yourself' section on the forum ?

Plus.....tell us a bit about yourself.

I cant find priceline.co.uk has it gone under ?

Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    I cant find priceline.co.uk has it gone under ?
    http://www.priceline.com/default.asp...W__INTL_TEST_1

Quote Originally Posted by The Wurzel View Post
    I have flown in and out of Clark with Tiger Airways flying Australia Singapore Clark. Excellent value for the money.

In addition look at Air Asia they also use Clark as their hub.

Also Aiir manila.

Happy travels
    We flew to Boracay from Clark with Tiger. Cost £78 return for two of us but that was with 20kg each of baggage.

Spoke to a fella from Frankfurt on the same flight and he paid 800 pesos I think for a one way ticket.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    jetradar.com is the only place I go to search flights now, after consistently finding them to find the best deals. They don't 'promote' any particular airline, but are totally transparent, plus they include the extra fees and taxes that you know you have to pay but many other 'comparison' sites leave off. This is helpful, as you can make a fair assessment of which is the best price.
    thank you very much

Respected Member
    hello emma ,welcome ,are u looking flight to manila?flight comparision sites are ok but that doesnt mean they are the cheapest flights available ,many airline offer sales -so if u know about these sales -then fares can be up to 50% lower than what u might find on comparision site

A lot depends on where you are travelling from ie which airport.

hi, i always look at hot uk deals for bargains, people post and get ratings hot or cold, if you type in flights you can see the flights and you can read the comments to see what people are saying and get related information, hope it will be of use to someone even if it's not for a flight.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information