Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

spouse visa is easier to get than a family visit visa ? apparently!

is it true that i need to have a job before my wife can apply for a family visit visa, even though she will be staying at her sisters house here in uk and her sis will be paying for everything.
    this is what my wife said that the visa agency place said before xmas. and today she tells me that the visa people say its easier to get a spouse visa, i know that this isnt true and tried to explain to her that its alot more complicated to get a spouse visa, but she just gets upset and i feel guilty and end up in tears myself, breaks my heart to see her upset and sad, i feel that thay are lieing, or are they giving out bad advice, my wife is starting to hate me so ill not try to explain things anymore, ill just agree with any desisions she makes.
    i thought that she could come here on a family visit visa and we can be together this year for 6 months, but now ill have to agree with her even though i know it will be atleast 2012 to sort the spouse visa, thats if i can find a permanant job for atleast 6 months,
    ive just started a tempry job with the agency but they say it will only be for 4 to 6 weeks.
    all i wanted to know is the is the correct requirments for both visas, not that it matters now. my wifes the boss and if i want to keep her ill have to agree with her, even if i know shes wrong, we love eachother and miss eachother but its getting harder and harder to keep my lovely wife happy and smileing :(

its worth trying for a family visit visa, thats her sister sponsoring it, but its a lottery if she gets it or not,

thou if they find out about you and your married then i think the chances of being refused a visa will increase, how much i dont know, maybe she would get the visa anyway, but applying for a visit visa for a wife to visit her husband who lives in the uk could be refused for applying for the wrong visa type and the HO will not think she will go back b4 her visa expires..but she should NOT LIE ON HER VISA APP

thou if she does get a refusal it should not effect her visa app for a spouse visa in the future

many of us have had the same problems tony and there are other like you
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hi Tony, man thats tough.

I dont know for sure and maybe some members with more experience can help point out if I am wrong but there are a few things to consider before deciding on which Visa to get / which one will be easier.
    It might still be possible to get a spouse visa now.

1.Do you have some Money put aside ? (I see from many posts on here 2-3K is best)
    2. How long have you been married for?
    3. How many times have you seen each other
    4. DO you have a friend in the UK that owns there own business that can give you an offer of employment on paper?....remember it does not matter if the situation changes after your asawa arrives, they just need to see this for granting the visa.
    5. DO you have a place to stay with your wife if she comes to the UK?

Get the info up here and some of the more experienced members can point you in the right direction.

With the two year visa that might be very difficult to get, (especially if your honest and say you are married, the ECO will say that you are applying for the wrong visa and refuse it. (you would need to have er sister sponsor her but have no mention of you, but even then its VERY difficult to prove that she will return to phil after the visa expires.

SO to sum up, i believe the spouse visa will be easier to get, lets us know some of the points and someone will be able to help.

good luck

i think its too late guys, she not want to come here now, we just cant find out whats best for us, she has been told one thing and i have found out another thing from here and official sites, and now we just argue, had hope for this year but i may aswell let the visa people break our marrage, liz was my last chance of finding love, i cant take to loose her, i cant carry on, she would be here now with me if it wasnt for visas

Don't give up dude, where there is a problem there is a solution. for the spouse visa you might not even need that much in the savings, will depend on a lot of other factors, (and if you do go for a spouse visa, if its not granted first time, they can usually be one on appeal. (human rights and all that)

The forum is here to help, remember that there are many people who have been in your situation and they can and will help..

Good luck, and anything we or others can do we will.

No no more negative talk, lets get the solution for you

Tony many ladies have patiently waited for many years to be united with the one they love if the visa routes to dificult at the moment and you both desperatly miss each other then why dont you ask your missus to ask her family in the UK to pay your ticket to the Phils for 6 months and to help with your expensess

That way no expensive visa needed you will both have your 6 month s together and have the chance to cement your love for one another day by day, after all its being together thats important right? Its cheaper that way to and Im sure her family will be glad to help reunite you both in the easiest way
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Hi Tony
    I think KeithAngel has given you a good alternative. You seemed to thrive when you spent time out there & on very little. If things are going to be difficult in this Country this year & by all accounts they are, then it could be a good option...Sorry! hope that last bit dosen't sound too negative.

Tony I'm still not with my wife, for various reasons & there are others who aren't as well, so this may go some way to smoothing things between you both...Your situation isn't unique.

thankyou guys, i guess that me and my wife just needed to let off some steam, and after discussing it until our brains stoped working we just laugh, and thanks keith, i was thinking of going to meet her when my contract ends at the place in working now, i should have enough money to go there, but might only stay 3 weeks, i do get home sickand love sick.
    ill forget about the visit visa and consentrait on the spouse visa,
    she was also told that i just need my latest payslip, doh! and i was told i need 6 months of payslips, i dont know who is telling her these things hehe,
    its a good job that we both have a sense of humour and laughed.
    just a quik question before i go to work at 2, how do i print out conversations on msn messenger, easy to do on ym but i always chet liz on msn.
    thanks again guys, we would be totaly lost without you all,

Tony it's good that you can let off steam on here.
    You're a popular member & we want you to succeed, which you will in time.
    ...Another trip will be good evidence, for the spousal visa.

Tony,
    Have your wife take a look at this:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-A-quick-guide

It will help her to focus on how to prepare.

Also don't forget the English Test that is now needed.

Here is the UKBA site:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pa...civilpartners/

Just as long as you can both laugh at life no worries

Quote Originally Posted by \\\\ToNy//// View Post
    just a quik question before i go to work at 2, how do i print out conversations on msn messenger, easy to do on ym but i always chet liz on msn.
    thanks again guys, we would be totaly lost without you all,
    Hi Tony, last year i was using msn too, it isnt as good as yahoo for the purpose we need,,
    what i did , was view messges open browser full, open the sniping tool, i know that vista and w7 has this tool, hope you have, use this to copy your messages , then you can save, you can also email it to your own email address (this is a good idea, means you cant loose the messages, and you can print from there, as well as from the saved clip of the sniping tool, the only downer is you can only save a section of your messages at a time,(and your printing more color) a long boriouse job if you have a lot of messags to catch up on , hope this is of help to you, try presuade her to go yahoo if u can,

Hi tony yes it is true that you need to show your last 6 months wage slips i think im right in saying that the eco will not accept just one payslip even if it is your last payslip

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    Hi tony yes it is true that you need to show your last 6 months wage slips i think im right in saying that the eco will not accept just one payslip even if it is your last payslip
    True, but some have got away with less, though ideally you are correct. ...Not easy if you're doing agency work, like Tony.

thats true sim but knowing how the eco keep tot he rules i very much doubt one payslip w ould be enough better to have submit everything they ask for as a refusal for not submitting everything that is asked for is an awfull financial loss to someone such as tony

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    thats true sim but knowing how the eco keep tot he rules i very much doubt one payslip w ould be enough better to have submit everything they ask for as a refusal for not submitting everything that is asked for is an awfull financial loss to someone such as tony
    Oh yes definately not one payslip...I know some have submitted 3 months worth of payslips.

yes sim he may be able to get away with 3 payslips but i am a bit worried with tonys situation regarding work & finances to be refused over payslips may put him back in getting a spouse visa financially for quite a while i think he needs to apply when he is sure everything is in order & confident that a refusal will be very unlikely

spouse visa is easier to get than a family visit visa ?

yeah i think spouse visa is the easier option as long as u got genuine relationship,accommodation,6months bank statements without overdrawn.
    but on the other hand visit visa will just confuse the ECO as you said you want your wife to stay with her family? accomodations and will provide her stay here in the Uk,,,well in fact she is married to you and you should be the one sponsoring her to settle or visit?
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    I was reading Tony's and his wife's posts yesterday on this subject and to me, it all sounded if it was all hanging by a thread. Yes The spouse visa for most of us on here was the way to go. Im now putting myself in Tony's shoes. I know the cap doesn't fit, i know I dont tick all the boxes for that visa. But, i have an ace up my sleeve. My wife has a sister close by. I would use the family visit visa option like Joe first stated in the 2nd post Yes its a gamble but what other option have you got. Unless the question is asked you do not have to mention or, rather your wife does not mention you. It all looks fragile to me so, drastic measures are called for. Take Joe's advice, go for the family visit visa and dont mention you or your wife being married. Good luck Tony and wife

Banned
    this is what my wife said that the visa agency place said before xmas. and today she tells me that the visa people say its easier to get a spouse visa(
    Just be wary of anything a so called "agent" tells you

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Hi Tony

Tony I'm still not with my wife, for various reasons & there are others who aren't as well, so this may go some way to smoothing things between you both...Your situation isn't unique.
    my stepson been here since april, he had to leave his wife and his then 16 month old daughter, last dec his wife gave birth to his son, he'll see his son, daughter and wife at the end of march, thats nearly 1yr since he last saw them but he knows it been at least a year or more b4 they are togther permenantly.

True, but some have got away with less, though ideally you are correct. ...Not easy if you're doing agency work, like Tony.
    the problem with agency work its not a permenant job, yes some have got away with 3 pay slips but i think they had permenant jobs with contract of employment...
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

the problem with agency work its not a permenant job, yes some have got away with 3 pay slips but i think they had permenant jobs with contract of employment...
    Gonna have a rant here, this is one thing that me off!...I don't have any payslips, as I'm now self employed. It's fairly seasonal too, so not much money has been coming in recently, though I can prove money was previously coming in...I've got a job to do starting monday, which will take 6-8 weeks, so no money until the end of that...Then hopefully a trip to the Philippines, then more work booked up at the end of April onwards.

I don't have any credit card debts, don't claim any benefits, have supported Ladybug, for at least 18 months, probably longer (she dosen't live with family) but presumably, on paper, I'm a bad risk, when applying for the spouse visa?... We haven't applied before, for various reasons, but want to now.

...Likewise, Tony can't get a full time job at the moment, so he's doing the next best thing agency work, but it seems it still may not be good enough?

The system stinks!

The system stinks!
    this gov and previous govs stink, a european living in the uk just needs to show they are exersing their treaty rights while a brit has to pass and prove everything

this gov and previous govs stink, a european living in the uk just needs to show they are exersing their treaty rights while a brit has to pass and prove everything
    EXACTLY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I was reading Tony's and his wife's posts yesterday on this subject and to me, it all sounded if it was all hanging by a thread.
    That's hardly the impression I got ... on the contrary, my instincts tell me Tony & Eliza are two like-minded people - yearning to be allowed to live together as befits any loving husband and wife relationship. A basic human right ... or ought to be! Like almost all of us on this site, Tony's main "fault" is to have had the misfortune - in such circumstances - to've been born British, fallen in love with and married someone from the other side of the world. IF ONLY he'd been a native of [practically] ANY OTHER European Nation, then he could've exercised his 'Treaty Rights' and brought his lawfully-wedded wife to the UK - free of charge - long ago ... regardless of his job prospects. Yet - as a Brit - he cannot bring her to his home country without being hampered by and unfair legislation ... compounded by the financial implications involved for a person who isn't in permanent full-time employment.

If a marriage between two people - who care deeply for each other - fails ... then it's surely the System to blame for keeping them apart!!

Not really Arthur all of the European countries retained there rights to decide on imigration rules for there nationals if we want to avail of the treaty rights we can just go to any country of your choice and get your partner a residence visa then when your done bring her home and get her another one in the UK free

perfect for Sim just need to become informed and think outside the box
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

its not practical for some people keith to go and live in another EU country and find a job, to enable them to excerise thier treaty rights, then wait longer while the family permit is proccessed and then wait in the EU country with his misses to try the Surinder Singh route back to the UK.

the grass is not always greener on the other side

i think my emotions was hanging by a tread when i started this topic, im usualy very calm and patiend and let things happen when they are ready
    but that goes out the window when my wifey is upset, i try to say all will be ok and be patient, but patience is her week point i think, and she sets me off panicking and leaves me feeling useless.
    but now that im getting more info on all the requirements and what to do when the time is right, but there is nore little things i need to know, like,,,
    how do i prove my address, is the address on my bank statements good enough, i live with my mom at the moment, she rents off the housing assosiatin, but hopefully this year ill move in with her sis and her husband.
    i cant think of anything else at the moment, but whats the cheapest time to fly there from birmingham, emerates is £650 in april,
    oh and also will my wester union slips help with the spuse visa requirements, ive sent her some money about 10 times, averageing about £25 each time

its not practical for some people keith to go and live in another EU country and find a job, to enable them to excerise thier treaty rights, then wait longer while the family permit is proccessed and then wait in the EU country with his misses to try the Surinder Singh route back to the UK.

the grass is not always greener on the other side
    I aggree Joe that its not for everyone but if your self employed can take long breaks between contracts it may be an ideal route especialy if spending long periods in the Phils is affecting your ability to produce normal looking visa app stuff like payslips etc Portugal only requires an I swear I can support us version no evidence required from what i can see
    Absit invidia

i think my emotions was hanging by a tread when i started this topic, im usualy very calm and patiend and let things happen when they are ready
    but that goes out the window when my wifey is upset, i try to say all will be ok and be patient, but patience is her week point i think, and she sets me off panicking and leaves me feeling useless.
    but now that im getting more info on all the requirements and what to do when the time is right, but there is nore little things i need to know, like,,,
    how do i prove my address, is the address on my bank statements good enough, i live with my mom at the moment, she rents off the housing assosiatin, but hopefully this year ill move in with her sis and her husband.

oh and also will my wester union slips help with the spuse visa requirements, ive sent her some money about 10 times, averageing about £25 each time
    Just give it a go Tony,try to apply for a spouse visa, if your wife can help you buy her own ticket to the UK,your marriage contract,birth certificate NSO, chatlogs,phone calls,pictures together, and all of which that i highlighted on your post are some of the requirements for spouse visa,just provide a supporting letter explaining how your finances,accommodation situation at the moment and hope the ECO will understand...if refused,u got all the right reason to appeal!!...goodluck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

i live with my mom at the moment, she rents off the housing assosiatin, but hopefully this year ill move in with her sis and her husband.
    why would you want to leave your mom ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information