Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Sea Fishing

Sea Fishing

Anyone here go sea fishing?

I used to always go, and sometimes in a boat. Conwy/Llandudno.

Caught all kinds over the years, but haven't been for years. Hoping to start again this year, even if it's just off a pier.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Hi boss i go sea boat fishing regularly i go out of pool harbour or ramsgate not been this year but hoping to arrange a trip with friends shortly but it can be expensive for a boat trip if the party is small

Used to cost us £120 to hire the boat. That was a few years ago when fuel was cheaper than uranium

Yes, i go most weekends if i can. Mostly around Poole and towards Weymouth, Chesil Beach. Probably going Saturday night to a place called Winspit just around the corner from Swanage.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Used to cost us £120 to hire the boat. That was a few years ago when fuel was cheaper than uranium
    we charter a boat out of pool harbour the boat is named strongbow it costs about £200 but dick the skipper stays out from morning until nightfall plus he is a diver so he knows where all the best wrecks are so it is very good value for money

I love fishing,used to do it from Whitby on the wrecking boats when I was a kid,even snagged mullet in Victoria harbour when I lived in mid-levels,always like the chance to cast a line though nowadays its trout or bog-standard river fish.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I used to have a 16ft boat and went sea fishing a lot and really enjoyed it but it got too expensive to keep up.

Used to catch "Black Bream, small cod or somthing like cod, pouting good to eat fresh and mackeral in summer, some flatfish!
    Would like to go sometime again in the summer
    Mick.

So that's a forum shopping trip for the ladies, and a sea fishing trip for us lads

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    Used to catch "Black Bream,
    I love to eat them, better than Cod imo

I prefer trout for the BBQ,brown chalk stream for preference but stocked rainbow at a push
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Was out on a boat today fishing,met a skipper who told me the Tuna come close inshore during mid-late apriland six-gilled sharks are very common in the summer,fished all morning and caught nowtOut again tommorrow just getting used to handling the boat but might have time to wet a line

HI Tawi keep us posted how tommorrows fishing trip turns out

Tomorrow isnt really a fishing trip mate,I am practising on a 7.62 mtr Sea Fox for my powerboat intermediate on Friday,but I have a rod on board,saw a barracuda and a sunfish today in shallow water.

I am taking all my river and spinning tackle over in April. I want to get my mahal's sons interested in fishing, not just for the hobby of it, but also to be able to catch something to eat. The river that flows past our town is lovely. It's wide quite slow running and clean as it comes out of the mountains a couple of miles away. I have not got a clue what is in there, but i am sure thee will be decent catfish and Talapia amoungst other fish.
    As we are only an hour from Dingalang on the Pacific coast, I have my bass rod and some rapala's and spinners to try to find some predatory fish. Also taking my fly kit.
    Anyone have experience of fishing the rivers or shore ?

i go boat fishing in the uk regularly but have never fished in the phils. this will be something i shall definitely try on my next trip to the phils

Anyone have experience of fishing the rivers or shore ?
    From a lake in Mindanao I caught loads of siamese catfish(pla buk)they are stocked as fast growing foodfish,other freshwater has been raped,fished in a few places and caught very,very little,I have seen guys electro fishing streams and catching next to nothing,similarly the shores have mile after mile of small-mesh gill nets denuding fish stocks on unimaginable scaleOnly place I fished from the shore with good results was sulu and jolo
    Theres a reason Robson Green in extreme fishing caught very little in pinas,lots and lots of subsistance farmers taking every single fish they can get their hands on,catch and release doesnt figure highly in their practice
    I am not in Pinas at the moment,but was just off the coast of north africa when I saw the sunfish today.A better bet if your into freshwater fishing in asia is thailand,some of the best lake and river fishing I have ever done,comparable to anywhere in the world.

Just got a nice pair of rods as the Tuna are about to start running,if I get one when trolling I will stick up a pick,also got the lat/long for a sub wreck which holds big conger

Was out earlier,just over 20 miles offshore,Tuna were showing everywhere,saw several dozen,trolled for just over an hour without even a hint of interestSaw several large sunfish and a load of smaller specimens on the run back to port and watched a local unload octopus from his boatHaving another session in the morning,lots of Tuna in the area,they either arent feeding or I am not offering them what they want

After fishing we went to a very nice restaurant,had a huge seafood platter,I had just eaten half a lobster when in absent minded mode(must have thought I was back in china)I slurpeda drink of "Soup" from my fingerbowl(clean warm water with a slice of lemon,tasted nice)I dont think I am going to live this down

Respected Member
    I take other people seafishing all the time.................

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Do you bring them back or give them concrete boots?

I think you might work on something similar to this Ricky?
    I moored up beside it earlier,chatting to one of the crew,he told me it takes 20,000 litres to fill

Spent another day trolling for tuna,saw shedloads,some within 25 yards from the boat,didnt even get one take,going to leave it for a while as the local fishermen told me they dont feed this early in the season

Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    we charter a boat out of pool harbour the boat is named strongbow it costs about £200 but dick the skipper stays out from morning until nightfall plus he is a diver so he knows where all the best wrecks are so it is very good value for money
    hi stevie and every one else
    i used to not for long time now love a day sea fishing i used to go out of portsmouth into the solent and enjoyed catching bream very tasty but funny things to catch plus cod at diff times of yr plus the stuff you normally put back
    id be up for another go
    maybe a convenient place for other members would be great to organise a trip
    ??????????
    regards mark

I was going to go fishing this afternoon,just checked my waders and they have a leak in one of the knees Just patched it and waiting for the adhesive to dry.

Thread Information