Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Respected Member

Where would you live?

If you decided to relocate from the UK to the Pina's, where would you live and why? (please dont just pick the province or city where your other half is from). How would you survive? work, Uk savings, Pensions or investments...etc

I'm still undecided, I haven't seen enough of the Phil's yet to decide. I may know after another 20 or 30 trips there

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    near the beach! near the beach! near the beach! hahaha

not too near the beach , high enough , just incase of tsunami

Does Las Vegas count?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    Olongopo city 10 years ago when it wasn't ruined. I assume a time machine is allowed.
    It's been emontional

Bohol for me, and no my ex did not come from there, I liked it there as it seemed safe and is in a lovely setting
    Mick.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    Bohol for me, and no my ex did not come from there, I liked it there as it seemed safe and is in a lovely setting
    Mick.
    Good choice Mick One of my favorite parts of the Pina's so far, and well located for travelling around the region.

I love The Highlands and The Lowlands!!! so its definitely be Tagaytay and my home town Batangas
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

I already made my choice, an hour from the pacific, nestled at the base of the mountains, I can look out over flat prime farmland and watch the sun slowly rise over the mountains in the morning. There are slow myandering rivers running by about ten minutes away, great for fishing. We have a swimming pool resort 100 yards up the road, a hardware store next to it, but far enough out of the town to be quite quiet.
    This is not in the same town as my mahal came from, as we want to be reasonably private, but we have great friends there so we have a nice social circle. Life is just getting better each time i go there.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    Steve R, that sounds perfect. I don't know the area, but I'm sure it is ideal

Sars, having just been to Tagaytay and Taal, I have to agree, it really is a beautiful area. I love the winding mountain road and forests on the way down from Tagaytay to the shores of Taal lake. We got a Jeepney from Taal to Batangas and on to Tanauan and drove through some nices villages and towns (you've already seen my FB photo's ) . Another advantage is that it's close enough to Metro Manila if needed, and well served by buses and good roads (by Phil standards)

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    I already made my choice, an hour from the pacific, nestled at the base of the mountains, I can look out over flat prime farmland and watch the sun slowly rise over the mountains in the morning. There are slow myandering rivers running by about ten minutes away, great for fishing. We have a swimming pool resort 100 yards up the road, a hardware store next to it, but far enough out of the town to be quite quiet.
    This is not in the same town as my mahal came from, as we want to be reasonably private, but we have great friends there so we have a nice social circle. Life is just getting better each time i go there.
    Spill the beans Steve, where is this magical place?
    It's been emontional

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    I love The Highlands and The Lowlands!!! so its definitely be Tagaytay and my home town Batangas
    My ladies family have a place there in Tagaytay and she was there last Monday when we were chatting.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Spill the beans Steve, where is this magical place?
    Bongabon, Nueva Ecija
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

has to be palawan for me i spent a week there & absolutely fell in love with it

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    Mick.
    Hi Mick, Bohol is a big Island, my wife is from there, she is 100 KM from Tagbilaran, too quiet for me. Thou Pangloa is nice. but over priced.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    Hi Mick, Bohol is a big Island, my wife is from there, she is 100 KM from Tagbilaran, too quiet for me. Thou Pangloa is nice. but over priced.
    Panglao/Alona Beach is lovely, much nicer than Boracay, I was it's what Boracay should be like if it wasn't full of disco's, posh hotels, hookers and touts. It is a bit pricey though, on par with Boracay, but i imagine that is down to the diving schools attracting large numbers of Koreans with big wallets.

Palawan is lovely too and much cleaner and greener than the rest of the Phil's, although perhaps a bit isolated. Prices in Palawan/PPS City are reasonable too, and roughly half the price of Panglao/Boracay for a hotel, meal, drinks...etc.

Good thread Englishman, hope it lasts a good time and gets filled with good info.

I'm a little bit like yourself in that I still did not yet finally settle on any one place.
    I'm always changing my view on where to hang my hat.
    Currently it's still somewhere close to Davao. I love Mindanao and Davao city has everything we need. My wife's main family is in the area, although not too close.
    I've always felt that although we don't want to be too close to family, it's a good idea to be just close enough that someone is always there when you need them. Family will do anything to protect and help. Sometimes important for us foreigners..

Still loads of place to visit yet anyway.
    Probably won't decide until been there for a couple of years.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Still loads of place to visit yet anyway.
    Probably won't decide until been there for a couple of years.
    That's my view too Terpe. TBH anywhere I settled there would be fine, but as I realistically can't leave the UK for another 17 years, it gives me plenty of time to explore and find the ideal place

Dumaguete, why because I don't like over populated places like Manila and Cebu.
    Dumagete is the fastest growing town in the Fils. Compact, got airport,shipping/pier,lovely boulevard with resto's, bars and very Friendly and polite Filipinos. (City of Gentle People)

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    Dumaguete, why because I don't like over populated places like Manila and Cebu.
    Dumagete is the fastest growing town in the Fils. Compact, got airport,shipping/pier,lovely boulevard with resto's, bars and very Friendly and polite Filipinos. (City of Gentle People)
    It's on my list of places to visit, I've heard a few good reports about it

[QUOTE=Steve.r;269662]I already made my choice, an hour from the pacific, nestled at the base of the mountains, I can look out over flat prime farmland and watch the sun slowly rise over the mountains in the morning. There are slow myandering rivers running by about ten minutes away, great for fishing. We have a swimming pool resort 100 yards up the road, a hardware store next to it, but far enough out of the town to be quite quiet.

Steve now you done it,,,i cant stand it anymore, im cracking up, im getting my flight tomorrow

Trusted Member
    I've heard good things about Dumaguete too.

I'd move to Phils tomorrow if I didn't have my parental responsibilities here.

I wouldn't mind living in Subic. The beach isn't up to much, not a beach person anyway, but having the sea to to look out across is nice, and there are plenty of expats and accompanying facilities, plus easy access to Manila on the new highway.

I did live in Angeles City for 3 years, and ran a business there (NOT a girlie bar ),
    and also I lived far out in the province for months on end, but had the ex's family around then.

Also had an apartment in Pasay, Manila before I was married, but just too much pollution in the capital.

Anywhere will do me !

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine

Steve now you done it,,,i cant stand it anymore, im cracking up, im getting my flight tomorrow
    Nooo....you'll hate it.

(Both Puerta Galera, Mindoro).

Panglao/Alona Beach is lovely, much nicer than Boracay, I was it's what Boracay should be like if it wasn't full of disco's, posh hotels, hookers and touts. It is a bit pricey though, on par with Boracay, but i imagine that is down to the diving schools attracting large numbers of Koreans with big wallets.
    Its only pricey if you want to live like a tourist!!
    Loads of reasonably priced restaurants and bars for us locals!
    By far, the best beaches are the Bohol beach club area and a bit further round the island over at Dolho..
    The cheapest 24 hour stays range from 700.00 (with motor bike) to 5000 P..The most expensive resort here will set a family of 3 back 140,000 PHP per night.

There is one more beach here that I prefer to those mentioned above but it wont be for long if I advertise it!!
    Cheers,
    Fred.

im from bulacan so it's definitely in bulacan,...for me its a rural-urban combined...if u want a life in the farm, or in the subdivison village, to be in the mountains...24 hours transpo, malls, supermarket, hotel, resorts, bars and restaurant, 40 mins drive or less to manila and to pampanga, 2 to 3 hours drive to the beautiful beaches of zambales....the train from manila to angeles is under constraction again so its very accessible going north and south.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Nooo....you'll hate it.

[/IMG]
    yes think your right il hate it

Respected Member
    What do you think of Ilocos?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Bongabon, Nueva Ecija
    Yep, nice area Steve.
    We have a small place in Guimba. Looking to buy a rice field there soon.

It's a very easy drive from Manila by expressway.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post

Sars, having just been to Tagaytay and Taal, I have to agree, it really is a beautiful area. I love the winding mountain road and forests on the way down from Tagaytay to the shores of Taal lake. We got a Jeepney from Taal to Batangas and on to Tanauan and drove through some nices villages and towns (you've already seen my FB photo's ) . Another advantage is that it's close enough to Metro Manila if needed, and well served by buses and good roads (by Phil standards)
    yeah tagaytay is beautiful ,the weather is warm during the day and temperature drops in the afternoon and the evening (enough to stop my husband from melting lol)..anyway,hope it was still not too over crowded when we plan to settle there in the next 10-15years
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

well ian , yesterday i was going to sort of ask this same question , but could not get on the site, i have not seen much of the phils yet to say thats the place, emma would like to be close to her family around cavite but i would like trhe beach a little closer and not as busy , i am still hoping to find that place soon and be there in say 8 years time, when we deside to go back to the phils for good all we shall have is our savings a little pension if it still has anything to give plus our house here, either rent it or just sell up, so what we are looking at in say around 8 years time will be about £50000 cash and then rental from my home, or sell it and have more cash,bohal does sound and look very nice look at my thread see what you all think

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information