Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Chinese food?

Respected Member

Chinese food?

I love my food, and have never been afraid to try wierd and wonderful dishes, I love really hot and spicy food and could never be a vegetarian.
    I love Asian food - Indian, Thai, Japanese, Filipino, Indonesian, Malay, but I''ve always disliked Chinese food. Over the years I've been to hundreds of Chinese restaurants in the UK, Europe, USA, even in Hong Kong and Singapore, but I still really dislike it.

What food do you really like and dislike?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    i love japanese food and western food..and chinese food too since being in a chinese clan, it was forced on us since i can remember.. i love siomai and dumplings..filipino food of course! but what i don't want to try is indian food..i can only eat pratta and some sauce they dip it in when i was in SG before..but that's it. maybe disliking curry is one reason for that and indian food has lots of curry from what i can smell and see..

Curry - YUMMY
    Spicy - YUMMY
    Hot - YUMMY
    Chinese - YUMMY
    Rayna - YUMMY
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

anything non English I like, our food is so rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by worthingmale View Post
    anything non English I like, our food is so rubbish
    Maybe it's just your cooking
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

I eat most foods that is well cooked,well garnished and i've been able to pronounce the ingredients lol..
    what I stay away is most processed foods which is in high majority here in the UK ,ready to eat canned foods with lots of sodium,frozen/ processed meats,fish sticks,frozen dinners, snacks,boxed cakes and cookies,..
    what's good is I have a passion for cooking ,so I tend to cook what i desire than eat ready made foods.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

has to be mexican food for me jalepeno, salsa, chillies anything spicy

Banned
    Asian in order of preference Chinese, Malay, Pinoy & Indo joint. I don't like Thai or Indian. Like stevie c I'm a bit of a Mexican fan

i will try most things but the problem is i am never that hungry when it appears

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    has to be mexican food for me jalepeno, salsa, chillies anything spicy
    I'm a big fan of anything spicy. Mexican is good, as is Tex-Mex and Cajun

Asda have just start selling the Dave's Insanity Sauce range (imported from the US), it's around £3 a bottle, great news for me because I no longer have to pay £6 inc P&P by mail order

Respected Member
    Thinking about it, I like all food - Asian, European, British, American, Mexican, Indian ...etc, it's just chinese food i have a real problem with

Thai , Malay , etc etc just cooked some Kung Po chicken for lunch and its Masrap !!

I'm really not a fussy eater. Anything tasty and freshly cooked. Luckily Carina is a great cook.
    Had some fantastic meals in Japan.
    My fav would be anything from the ocean.

Used to enjoy going to Chinese Restaurants - British style - but, having sampled the many [other] *delights of 15 days' holiday in China itself five years ago, I cannot honestly say that the actual cuisine of the World's 2nd-largest nation was one of *them. Two weeks of never being entirely sure what was served-up ... even in the "poshest" of their hotels ... proved too much of a challenge for my palate ... and I made a point of consuming as many as three helpings of the English buffet-style breakfasts on offer each morning - in case I didn't fancy the fare being dished up on the carousel tables at lunchtimes.

There's quite a substantial difference between "OUR" Oriental-style food and theirs you know, believe me! Here, for instance, the rest of the ingredients (most of which we've gradually become familiar with) are placed on a bed of [usually] long-grain rice ... whereas (in China, at least) it's the other way round, and the bowl of rice served afterwards, tends to be more akin to pudding rice - thicker-grained, sticky ... and full of starch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    There's quite a substantial difference between "OUR" Oriental-style food and theirs you know, believe me! [B]
    I lived in an industrial area of China for 4 months. (work related) A small town of 1 million people. I think I was the only westerner. Got stared at and avoided every day.
    Some of the worst food I EVER had. Both in terms of smell and tatse. Not a single place for western style food
    As you say Arthur, no way to ever really know what your eating.
    You can try to guess........ but best not to

First time ever in china I got an alien travel permit as some areas were off-limits,visited some great places but ate some odd food,I remember munching on Yak when on the tibetan plateau only an hour after I saw it getting its throat cut,also had a 10 course meal in Kashgar every course of which was fried in batter including the watermelon desert

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Used to enjoy going to Chinese Restaurants - British style - but, having sampled the many [other] *delights of 15 days' holiday in China itself five years ago, I cannot honestly say that the actual cuisine of the World's 2nd-largest nation was one of *them. Two weeks of never being entirely sure what was served-up ... even in the "poshest" of their hotels ... proved too much of a challenge for my palate ... and I made a point of consuming as many as three helpings of the English buffet-style breakfasts on offer each morning - in case I didn't fancy the fare being dished up on the carousel tables at lunchtimes.
    Same as me Arthur, I've been very surprised by the offerings in Hong Kong and Singapore, as much as I love travelling, I also love sampling the local foods on offer when on my travels. A bowl of pig ear or pig organ soup, fat and gristle or boiled pig trotters in a watery oily liquid doesnt count as food in my book

Some great food in Honkers,you just have to know where to look,huge chasm of difference between chinese food in HK and chinese food in Xinjiang for example,its a big country with lots of influences,I heard a turkish dialect spoken in Kashgar as its on the old silk road route.The foods edible

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    The only redeeming thing about chinese food is crispy duck I love it, forget the spring rolls and spring onions, give me a plate of duck on its own and I'll lick the plate clean

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    it's just chinese food i have a real problem with
    Ahuh! maybe you have heard one of chinese food jokes Ian,,,,..''they call them,fish,beef,pork,chicken on dumplings,spring rolls,siopao ..but when you belch or burp you'll Meooww!!!''
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

siopao
    Ering siopao,speciality of cebuI also found a load of rat skins in a gutter downtown cebu,remember star meat

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Ahuh! maybe you have heard one of chinese food jokes Ian,,,,..''they call them,fish,beef,pork,chicken on dumplings,spring rolls,siopao ..but when you belch or burp you'll Meooww!!!''

As it's Chinese New Year now, Kung Hei Fat Choi

Pinoy cuisine at its finest,sorry for the poor quality of the pics but taken on a mobile-phone camera,its a halo or monitor lizard,caught in a whip-snare near Davao international airport,eaten with gusto I have seen its larger brethren on Komodo and Rinca in indo,wouldnt fancy trying to snare one of those however
    Attached Images Attached Images

Respected Member
    How did it taste Tawi, yeah right I don't fancy getting too close to a Komodo either

ARE Komodo's even edable? They kill their prey by a small bite and their saliva is so bacterially violent, the prey die from infection. Would you really want to eat one ??
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    As long as it costs less than a pound and I've cooked it, and washed what I'm going to eat it with, I'm happy.

Komodo bacteria is in their mouths and I would be eating it,not giving it the kiss of life When I went it was when visitors were still abkle to buy a live goat and "Feed" them,glad the guides had those long forked branches,I didnt realise why they were carrying them as we walked along the track leading the bleating goat till several popped out alerted by their "Feeding bell"
    It was ok english,eaten a few of them in the past,they are edible and better than nowt I will see if I can find some pics later of the Yak in Tibet

Thread Information