Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila

Old company aren't paying me!!!!

As some of you know I've now left the sunny climes of egypt and moved onto pastures new. Problem is the gypos don't want to pay me for my days worked in december!!! FU**ERS. Its a considerable amount of money as well which I was / am relying on. They've not done this sort of thing before and can only think they are being pri*ks about it to send a message to others wanting to leave or because I went back there and left again after a year.

I'm trying to get my union involved but don't hold out much hope as my dealings with them in the past have not been very successful. I'll hopefully find out the decision from the egypt office tomorrow / monday.

CAN'T BELIEVE IT
    It's been emontional

Respected Member
    Sorry to read about that Stu, I can only imagine how furious you are, I hope you manage to resolve it satisfactorily and speedily

if you are struggling we can feed you sunday dinner and i am sure someone can give you tea

Been knocked a few times in the past,bad crack to be honest,when I was employing lads in Hong Kong I always made sure they were paid first when the cash came in as I knew how it felt to be ripped,hope you resolve the situation.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    if you are struggling we can feed you sunday dinner and i am sure someone can give you tea
    Cheers for the offer steve, unfortunatley I'm in amsterdam at the moment working so popping across for a roast, pleasent as it sounds might not be possible.
    It's been emontional

Thanks for the kind words people. Its very difficult not get angry at all egyptians when its only a couple that are f**king me over, human nature I suppose. I shall reserve my deepening hatered for the two men in the office that are responsible for me possibily not managing to make my mortgage payment this month!!!

Heres hoping tomorrow has a silver lining.
    It's been emontional

Trusted Member
    When my (large and fierce) friend in HongKong discovered that the construction agency were trying to get out of paying him,
    he went along to their office and started piling up the furniture and computers.

He then issued a few verbals and opened a window.

The boss got the hint and went downstairs with my friend to the cash point next door.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Thanks for the kind words people. Its very difficult not get angry at all egyptians when its only a couple that are f**king me over, human nature I suppose. I shall reserve my deepening hatered for the two men in the office that are responsible for me possibily not managing to make my mortgage payment this month!!!

Heres hoping tomorrow has a silver lining.
    You're not there, they don't expect you to come back so they feel free to cheat you, sickening

We have dealings with middle east companies regards software licences and they try to get away with anything they can, however if they don't pay the software stops working (it's written in the contract at the start) so at least we have some leverage.

Sadly I've heard quite a few stories of people not getting paid at the end of contracts abroad.

Sorry about your story..I know very well how it feels.

I remember my mate ( a roofer) sitting on his customers roof throwing down the tiles he laid a week before..The "customer called the old bill" who turned up requesting he stop.. All to no avail.
    He told the police to ask the customer to pay him the pre arranged contract price otherwise he would be forced to keep taking his tiles back..
    Of course,this story had a happy ending!!

In my next life,Im gonna be a roofer!

Banned
    Happened to me a few times also Stu.
    One of the pitfalls of working abroad unfortunately

Very sorry to learn of your predicament. The same happened to a girlfriend of mine in Dallas who held a very senior position ........... unfortunately, she had to cut her losses and despite giving/working the statutory notice period, was even threatened with legal action for leaving. So unfair since she gave so much and worked extremely hard, as I am sure that you did too.

Thread Information