The Yahoo!Group set up to help Kevin and Charlene has been inactive for a while now. I think it was a big turn-off for people that some old members personally attacked new members who suggested asking for help from people/organisations those old members didn't like. I actually quit replying to the groups' emails after I got tired of all the insult-slinging and sarcasm around the end of things.

Last I heard, K and C were still incarcerated and they were back in the San Mateo jail. I think that's good for them. I visited them in both the San Mateo and Marikina jails. The San Mateo jail is way more lax than the Marikina jail, which is a 5-storey building with lots of guards and tight security. Last time I visited, the couple were still in the Marikina jail. Kevin didn't seem to be in bad shape apart from his clinical depression (which he's had since he was in the UK) and age kicking in. The guards all liked him in both jails as he wasn't a troublemaker (the bruised knuckles I saw on my first visit was from him punching some inanimate object). As for Charlene, last time I visited, she was still in the guards' bad graces for "being a troublemaker". I don't know how the situation is these days, apart from them still being in there without trial.