Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Don't worry Charlene..We will do our best!!
    Keep your chin up..At least it's the beginning of the end now.
    Yes and now we can compute the exact date of our release..... Kevin has 1 year and two months left...I have one year and 8 months left. Not yet included my GCTA as I'm an Admin jail aid usually I get higher points to be deducted on my sentence

Respected Member
    I was told that the computation is for every 15 days it is considered as one month already...yehhey and for Kevin for every 25 days that is one month. That's good, right?

Respected Member
    Well I'm hoping that our appeal will be granted. No need to pay the fine - we get that computed and converted to time allowance on good moral. What we need now, is to sort out the appeal and the things needed before we will be transferred

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    For those of us over here who want to help out in some way then how do we go about it?
    You may contact Kevin's father for details as he calls here regularly...anyone can call Kevin also here in the jail. You may get his number from Kevins dad, mine is 5704615 for more details on the case....but again please contact the group for donations

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlene taylor View Post
    he can receive visitors but it is important to give the list of possible visitors now to avoid delays as he will put that in his carpeta...inmates records same as me.
    Here is the address for me:

Correctional Institute for Women,
    Nueve de Pebrero, Mandaluyong City

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlene taylor View Post
    Here is the address for me:

Correctional Institute for Women
    Nueve de Pebrero, Mandaluyong City
    Kevin Taylor

National Bilibid Prison - RDC Compound Park
    Camp Sampaguita, Muntinlupa, Rizal, Philippines

Respected Member
    Transfer date

Cha 19 Nov 2014
    Kev 21 Nov 2014

Might change without prior notice....
    I will get in touch once I get into the net, thanks a lot

Thanks for letting us know Charlene!
    Hope you have been keeping a diary BTW.. You could write a book one day about your experiences.. Could be a bestseller.

Respected Member

Hold in Abeyance

Transfers were suspended at the moment due to incident that happend at NBP - 2 inmates died due to stabbing. No updates nor news yet as it has been closed door issue at New Bilibid Prison for security...now I'm worried about Kevin going there

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Wow, Charlene they certainly know how to play with one's emotions, hope you can have peace of mind soon. Btw Fred's last comment take note, great idea, good luck!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Wow, Charlene they certainly know how to play with one's emotions, hope you can have peace of mind soon. Btw Fred's last comment take note, great idea, good luck!
    Actually I am really keeping my journal as I will start writing a book

I hope though we were convicted, you guys still continue supporting us as we need it more now

Looking forward to the book, hope the release is soon. Got another mate who has been detained for just under a year and a half but his case is different - he is fighting extradition to the States - hope you're both positive and in good spirits.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Hello, (if there is still anyone out there)

Since the conviction, this Help Group seems to have gone quiet.
    The latest news is that Charlene has recently been moved to her new correctional. We do not know how she is doing there as there has been no contact. However she did indicate that she would be well able to cope there. Also, hopefuly her own family are now supporting her!

Kevin is still in San Mateo where his health and situation are not good. As a 'convicted' prisoner he has lost most of his privileges and is confined to his cell, which does not help. His latest tansfer estimate is late April but this will probably roll on and on because of the serious disruption in Bilibid prison

When Charlene was moved, she was obliged to run up a bill in the jail shop for items essential for her transfer.
    This amounts to around P6000 and it falls to Kevin to pay this. Of course he has no means of paying it so his credit has been withdrawn and he is not allowed to make any purchases for his own sustenance. Hence he has to rely on the meagre prison fare. He has contracted scabies and needs regular medical attention, not least for severe depression.

Kevin's parents have been rendered almost destitute by this long ordeal but still send what little they can.

It would be so wonderful if our Members could make yet another effort to donate towards Kevin.

He needs Help now, more than ever!

His father, Gerald is still able to take donations in the usual way.
    I hope this request does not fall on deaf ears?

Yours Truly
    Grace Mannors

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/.../messages/1913

Thanks for the update Fred. News isn't getting better just yet unfortunately!

I hope charlene and kevin are now tasting freedom,i havent followed their story for a while as i have been travelling,I did have good news about another friend only a fortnight ago,he had been held in the NBI prison as apparently the land of the free,the home of the brave,yup the good ole US of A had issued an arrest warrant against him.He has been locked up in pinas for the last two and a half years,the charges were farcicle,south china morning post ran a story on his incarceration last year.He was freed 2 weeks ago and is back in London,it cost him around 40k sterling in legal fees and associated costs,he isnt very complimentary about the PI understandably,alls well that ends well,i hope kevin and charlene's story has a similar happy ending.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

i hope kevin and charlene's story has a similar happy ending.
    No Tawi...They are still locked up to this day.
    Kamusta Ka??

I am ok fred thanks,but thats really extracting the urine with kevin and charlene,bang outnof order,kev's health must be shot,my mates had 2 teeth extracted since being back,he said the NBI nick has a dentist who visits but he only does extractions,no fillings no root canals or anything.One of the provisos of my friends release was that he didnt try and complain or take legal action over his arrest and incarceration,luckily he had money or he might still have been in,remember he did two and a half years inside,he actually got married inside,has kevin actually been found guilty and given a sentence or is he still lost in the system in limbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I am ok fred thanks,but thats really extracting the urine with kevin and charlene,bang outnof order,kev's health must be shot,my mates had 2 teeth extracted since being back,he said the NBI nick has a dentist who visits but he only does extractions,no fillings no root canals or anything.One of the provisos of my friends release was that he didnt try and complain or take legal action over his arrest and incarceration,luckily he had money or he might still have been in,remember he did two and a half years inside,he actually got married inside,has kevin actually been found guilty and given a sentence or is he still lost in the system in limbo?
    They were both found guilty on a technicality and have since been moved to Bilibid..If you search through this thread you will see that Charlene has actually posted here from inside from 2014.. She posted 2/3 times.. Check posts 132 onwards.

I think the lesson to be learned from all this is to PAY before charges are brought and BEFORE you enter the so called justice system...PAY and pay whatever they want with a minimum of negotiation...If you can..
    Cheers,
    Fred.

Yup,because the further down the line you go the more palms youmhave to grease and the more cash youmhave to shell out,always best to extricate yourself from deep s**t at the first step,i will have a read,thanks fred.

No worries.. Glad you are good BTW!

Are they still in jail or have they been released?

Not good Still there

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/n...ur_son_again_/

THE heartbroken father of a man jailed for fraud in the Philippines has launched another push to get his son released from prison.
    Gerald Taylor’s son Kevin, 51, originally of Stratton, was jailed for 12 years along with his partner Charlene in 2009 for running an alleged employment scam.
    The father-of-three, who has maintained his innocence throughout, has appealed to the Foreign Office, his MP and even the Pope to release him, but he remains incarcerated.
    Now Gerald, 75, has written to Filipino justice secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II to plead for an update on Kevin’s appeal for freedom.
    Gerald said the strain of not being able to speak to Kevin face-to-face was something that intensified on a daily basis for him and wife Mary.
    He said: “We are in a prison of our own. The mornings are the hardest because I wake up at 5am waiting for the phone to ring.
    "I wait and if it doesn’t I know because of the time difference that we won’t be hearing from him today. And this has gone on for months.”
    Fresh hope was sparked when the Filipino government announced it would free approximately 200 prisoners as a gift to the Pope with Kevin’s name submitted for clemency.
    Gerald also hoped the election of a new president last year would mark a turning point and speed up Kevin’s release but as yet his situation remains unchanged.
    Gerald and Mary have not been able to see Kevin on Skype in more than six months and communication by letter is very slow paced.
    All the while Kevin’s health continues to deteriorate, he is almost blind, can barely walk and has boils and scabies.
    The letter says: “We still have no means of communicating direct with Kevin and his aged and ailing parents in the UK are in a desperate state, not knowing his situation.
    “Can you please inform as to what is the current situation with the Appeal for Executive Clemency on behalf of Kevin Taylor and Charlene? Might they be included in future lists? We trust that, under your expert guidance, matters will very soon come to a happy conclusion
    “It would be an act of enormous human kindness if you could inform me at your earliest convenience what is the current situation with Mr Kevin Taylor. His parents in the UK live only in the hope that they might see their beloved son once more before life fails them.”
    Gerald said he fears never seeing Kevin again.
    He said:“I think about him every day. We are not getting any younger and we don’t know how much time we have left. To see him home where he belongs is our main priority.
    “We are in limbo. We can’t go away because we want to be here should he phone or anything develop.”

... y'know, ever since it was first raised in 2011, *this thread has attracted 59,713 views!

............................................................................................................... 's 17,430 more than the daily update on the peso - which began nearly 21/2 years later - with (seemingly) ... ... if anything - even less significant progress!

Yet, proportionately, ... at 202 replies as against the latter's 2,074 the *former has actually received marginally fewer than one tenth of the responses accrued by the latter in comparative terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... y'know, ever since it was first raised in 2011, *this thread has attracted 59,713 views!

............................................................................................................... 's 17,430 more than the daily update on the peso - which began nearly 21/2 years later - with (seemingly) ... ... if anything - even less significant progress!

Yet, proportionately, ... at 202 replies as against the latter's 2,074 the *former has actually received marginally fewer than one tenth of the responses accrued by the latter in comparative terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Apologies for my lo~ng, complicated rigmarole ... all it was really meant to do was, emphasise how unbelievable it is to discover this couple's extremely sad plight's not any nearer to being resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Apologies for my lo~ng, complicated rigmarole ... all it was really meant to do was, emphasise how unbelievable it is to discover this couple's extremely sad plight's not any nearer to being resolved.
    Thats because they were found guilty,albeit on a technicality and are serving their time..12 years.
    You would be surprised just how many goods were delivered to Kevin and his Mrs in San Mateo because of this thread BTW..
    Not much more we can do unless someone fancies visiting them in Bilibid.
    I did my best to alert awareness ..Actions speak louder than words and unfortunately I can do no more...
    Who wants the baton??
    Hopefully they will survive their remaining time there but I think the damage done is probably irreparable.
    Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I did my best to alert awareness ..Actions speak louder than words and unfortunately I can do no more...

Sad.
    Indeed, it IS Fred ... . But, like you say, you've done your best for them, which I'm sure their respective families appreciate.

GREAT NEWS...Charlene is out..Kevin will be released hopefully this month but will go straight to BI detention awaiting deportation back to UK.
    Nearly there!
    Hopefully,Charlene will announce this great news here in this thread and provide additional updates!

Trusted Member
    Good luck to them.

Respected Member
    Hello, been trying to post but too difficult. Anyway, Kevin is now at immigration detention center

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information