Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Good Stuff Chaps sorry been so busy recently will try and join up the Yahoo groups then see what I can help do from there.

maybe a balikbayan Box could be sent over from Flilip Uk contents collected and sent over? I know it will take a while to collect and send but may help those who cant contribute much money wise?

Have a facebook and twitter page been created yet? the more publicty the better as you say.
    Good idea about an LBC BB box!!
    Could put anything inside from a carboot sale..Like loads of 20 pence books and bright yellow T shirts and other stuff David mentioned like antiseptic creams,soap,toothpaste etc.. Maybe tins of cheap baked beans,HP sauce that kind of thing. Could also include letters from members etc.
    It would be great if we could pull that one of as a Brit Filipino online community!!

Respected Member
    As David said Fred we need to be careful that we don't start arousing a sense of envy in the other inmates or in the guards, remember the guards will be getting paid pennies and might not be a lot better off than some of the prisoners.

I think if a box were sent in the full knowledge that much of it would be shared, then it would be a very good idea.

Thanks Fred
    The Yahoo group is a bit crazy & difficult to keep up with, but finally some good seems to have come from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Thanks Fred
    The Yahoo group is a bit crazy & difficult to keep up with, but finally some good seems to have come from it.

He he..Yeah!!
    A few of them will, I'm sure get some cash to David so he doesn't go to the prison empty handed on Thursday !!
    Thats good enough for me at this point..

As David said Fred we need to be careful that we don't start arousing a sense of envy in the other inmates or in the guards, remember the guards will be getting paid pennies and might not be a lot better off than some of the prisoners.

I think if a box were sent in the full knowledge that much of it would be shared, then it would be a very good idea.
    Point taken Jim.. and thanks for the western union info..They mentioned another filipino cash delivery company Ive never heard of.. Wonder if they are cheaper?

Respected Member
    Most of the Western Union shops are Cebuana Lhuillier pawn shops

The Cebuana Lhuillier are everywhere I don't know about local transfer via them but yeah it might be cheaper.

Saying that Western Union might be a lot cheaper on internal transfers in the Phils I only really know about the international service which is robbery

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Dear forum
    I am one of the moderators of the Help Kevin Taylor yahoo group (http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Help_Kevin_Taylor/) I am writing to let you know that thinsg are happening in support of the Taylors. This includes contact with the Parents in the UK, Contact with the FCO and visits with Kevin and Charlene by members of the yahoo group. So far a Frenchman visited last week and will go again next week, an Aussie ex of Glasgow went 2 days a go and will go again in 3 weeks and there is to be another hearing for the couple on 8th March.
    There are a number of things happening in the background and I urge everyone to please just sit tight for a week or two to allow things we have put in place to work through. If we have no success by early March we may well try to get a co-ordinated campaign going. But having discussed strategy with Kevin’s parents i ask everyone just for now not to rock the boat.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    i have posted a lot about this case on the help kevin taylor yahoo group. but to answer the question. The embassy (actually it's a consular service part of the foreign and commonwealth office - FCO) visit about once every 3 months and that is to pass on the donation from Prisoners Abroad of £25 per month (paid quarterley) and a vitamin allowance of £12.75 per month. The embassy and FCO WILL NOT DISCUSS the case with anyone except family under data protection laws but they are asking Kevin for permission to talk to me. They are limited in what assistance they can give as they cannot interfere with another country's judicial system no matter how unfair the case seems. i will post more information in due course but the reason http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Help_Kevin_Taylor/ was set up was that people from many groups could have 1 place to discuss and offer help. I have to say that the Brits (and although I live in Ireland I am one) have been embarrassingly thin on the ground in helping compared to the aussies/ Kiwis / yanks and French

Thanks Currywolf..And welcome to the forum.
    Ive stayed pretty quiet recently due to your requests not to rock the boat...
    There have been a few Brits from this site that have joined the Yahoo group and pledged money..
    It would be nice if we could get some more..
    We will look forward to the next visitors report.
    Im pretty sure that the money sent to David will make K&C life a lot more comfortable than it has been in a long long time..
    Something to be proud of.
    Cheers,Fred..(Zeff)

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    Most of the Western Union shops are Cebuana Lhuillier pawn shops

The Cebuana Lhuillier are everywhere I don't know about local transfer via them but yeah it might be cheaper.

Saying that Western Union might be a lot cheaper on internal transfers in the Phils I only really know about the international service which is robbery

Jim..Costs to send 2 K internal transfer was only 130 Pesos... Not too bad IMO.

Respected Member
    That's not bad Fred, 6 percent is a lot better than the 10 percent to send 50 quid or 25 percent they charge to send 20 quid internationally.

I side stepped and used paypal, much cheaper

Latest hearing today & tomorrow???
    Hope it's good news.

Sim..Any speculation at this time could effect the case.. Please forgive me for editing your post and contact me via PM for further details.

As before.. I wont let this slip..
    Lots of stuff happening behind the scenes which at this point I cannot comment on.. Will update as appropriate..
    Cheers,
    Fred.

I have recieved the following letter from Charlene to you all. I have retyped
    thye hand written letter verbatim and will post the scanned original later but
    the content is exactly as follows: From Frank..List moderator.
    To the group from Charlene 17 feb 2011
    Dear all,
    God be with you! Thank you so much for your support and for those who kept us
    going. It was a nice surprise to know that we are still remembered and that many
    others are with a kind heart to help us.

It's been almost two years now since Kevin and I are incarcerated , we have been
    through a lot of hell and pain while in here. We have almost lost our lives
    during the typhoon, been very ill and mentally drain. But during the time that
    Kevin and I almost loosing every bit of our hope you guys came along and that is
    SOMETHING we are so grateful about. My tears and my broken hearty was filled
    with joy as you have given us the care, love and hope we needed.

Thanks you so much for being so kind to us both inspite of us being strangers.
    Thanks you for the things you given us as it was a big help honestly. Things
    that we are not expecting from people who are strangers things that are so
    important for us to survive. Thank you so much.

Honestly, everyday as I wake up, first thing I think I am worried about is how
    will Kevin get food, that really hurts me especially when he sends letters
    asking if I have some food and I can't give him anything as I myself doesn't
    have as well. It almost broken my heart when the food supply is fish as I know
    he can't eat it and he will go hungry again.

I feel useless when a simple disposable razor and a hair cut for him he can't
    have as we have nothing. For the past year we tired to survive form everything
    we can get through donations and Dad's help. Many times we just cry as we are so
    shy already to ask Dad But now we are so grateful to have you guys. Not only for
    the things you can give us but also for the moral support and care we needed.
    May the Lord God always return all the favours and blessings you have given to
    us. You all gave so much to us.

I thought the blogs that I made before I came in here were forgotten. I thought
    there is no miracles. But with what happened, it is truly God's own will and by
    using all of you . MIRACLES are true. Kevin and I will loose hope especially now
    that we know many are fighting for us to survive. I also hope that you will
    continue supporting us and help us pray for our children, for us both and that
    our case will soon be dismissed. Let you always join us every night to pray for
    God's help and his guidance for us while we are fighting and may HE continue
    giving us the strength and hope. Thanks you again and God Bless you all.
    Yours
    Charlene Taylor
    Detainee
    San Mateo Jail

This is what I want to share to you all. A prayer that keeps me going and that
    reminds me God is always there
    Dear God
    Blessed be thy Lord God for keeping me sound and safe. I lift unto you all my
    woes and grace upon me your mercy. I understand that you have better plans for
    me yet I will keep on asking you to help me through.

This place I call my own which I don't intend to stay long. While my journey of
    going home is still far. Keep me warm and safe from danger and to my detractors.
    Cover my children with your loving heart that they will understand the
    situation. Guide their young minds for them not to bitter but help them be a
    better individuals. Remind me how I was chosen to have this ordeal so i will
    never forget what you have promised. I raise on to you all my anxieties and
    return to me your graces. Help me change for as better "me" so when the time
    comes that the gate will open I can walk home with a good heart.

For whatever will happen to us both, I know someday we can be with our children.
    Prepare them for everything Lord and so I am to be strong. Calm my heart when I
    am lost - show me the road to your promise.

Lord God open my heart always. I will hold on to you forever, sorry as I have
    failed you many times, but I promise, I am still the same child you have brought
    up

Guide me when I am asleep and when I am awake remind me that you will redeem
    me.
    AMEN

A message from Frank who has worked tirelessly along with others from the Yahoo group to help our fellow FilipinoUK member British_detained that stopped posting to us from the day she was locked up in San Mateo..

Dear all

I mentioned that there was a case to be heard on 21st March. This was considered
    the main case out of the original 20. Well, it was heard and it has been
    dismissed.

This is fantastic news

When we started the stated aims of the group was to give humanitarian aid and to
    seek expeditious hearings. That has been achieved in great measure. The actions
    of some from this group have made such a massive difference. And potentially
    moves us very much closer to a further goal of reuniting Kevin and Charlene with
    their children and families.

We are not quite out of the woods yet. There are two hearings set for later this
    week but it is believed that these too will be dismissed. The final case is set
    to be heard on 9 May. I don't have full details of this yet but I am told it
    definitely is the final hearing and that Kevin believes it will be dismissed.

The progress made recently after so many months of inactivity in the case I
    really think is the product of some efforts made privately. The family, spurred
    on by the tremendous support given here on the group have been able to make head
    way for the first time in 2 years.

Congratulations group and thank you all

Frank

thats really good news
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

That latest news posted by fred is great.
    I, for one, am humbled by the efforts and compassion shown by those who have made an impact.
    Let's all hope and pray that it continues to go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Let's all hope and pray that it continues to go well.
    ... Amen to that!

fantastic news

2yrs for it to be dismissed
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Wonderful news Fred!

Message from Kevin,reproduced by Frank.
    Thanks Frank!

Dear all

I have recieved a letter to you all from Kevin. I have reproduced it below as
    exactly:

March 30 2011
    San Mateo Municipal Jail
    Guitnang Bayan 1
    San Mateo 1850
    Rizal
    Philippines

Hello Guys
    Well we hope you are all doing fine, Better than us maybe haha (Joke). I thought
    we should write to you guys and thank you for all the work and support you have
    given to Charlene and I in the past two months. To be truthfull just before Dad
    called us to say that the ex-pats have got together and were concerned about our
    cases and welfare, we had given up any hope of going home from here. But you
    gave us a renewed hope that we would soon be able to enjoy our marriage and
    children in peace and safety. Both Charlene and I would like to thank you from
    the bottom of our hearts for everything it gave us both renewed faith in the
    Human race a shot in the arm just when we needed it most

Friends I can assure you, we are not Illegal recruiters, we tried to bring help
    to those in the provinces who were unable to get the right documentions and all
    we wanted was to live in peace and raise our young family. Anyway that was then
    and this is now. And I hope that one day soon we will be able to thank you all
    in person

Once again many thanks to you all and may the good Lord bring you many blessings
    for the future

Forever faithfull

Kevin Taylor

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I hope the couple would soon be released..I know lots of the forum members here are waiting for their letter stating they'll be out soon..Thanks for the continuous update Fred!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hi Fred, any update or did I miss it
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Hey all! Sorry I've been offline for so long. I've been busy.

Anyway, since I moved back to the PI a few weeks ago, I decided to visit the San Mateo jail. Charlene, aka BritishDetained, wasn't there because she got transferred to the Marikina jail, but I got to talk to her husband.

Kevin seemed okay at the time I visited. I had to wait a couple minutes while he packed up his chess set. He had been in the middle of a chess game with an inmate whose cheese had fallen off the cracker. I wondered why Kevin played chess with a crazy person, but he didn't seem to mind. He was nice enough to give the crazy guy some cigarettes (his winnings) win or lose.

Kevin and I talked for about an hour in the tiny courtyard with all the other inmates around us. He seemed at ease, though he did say it had gotten harder since Charlene's transfer. He said that Charlene was not allowed to have any contact with anyone, presumably because of something she had done wrong.

Before I left the jail, Kevin told me that he had requested to be transferred to the Marikina jail and was expecting to be transferred that night, if things went their way. I wish I knew if he got transferred or not so I could visit. Currently, my only source of news about the couple is the Yahoo!Group, and that's been quiet lately because everyone's just been waiting for the court hearings.

... if I might be permitted to ask: "Whatever happened to 'Sim11UK' lately?".

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information