Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Definitely, Stewart ... things like bog roll - that westerners tend to take for granted - aren't a regular commodity in public loos over there; I kid you NOT!
    THATS IS VERY TRUE ARTHUR & DONT I KNOW IT

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... albeit presumably of the clip-on kind ... for safety reasons.
    mmmmmm which i wonder is most lethal gun, andrex , clip-on neckties or puny wee Security guards,

Trusted Member
    Can't remember if paper was supplied here...maybe to members.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Can't remember if paper was supplied here...maybe to members.
    It's still funny to me anyway
    Another good photo Graham, may there be many more to come

Never loiter around public toilets with a camera at hand
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Tawi2, your avatar suggests you may have put on some weight since leaving Phils

at least they look clean

Well,I have But at the moment I am waiting to see if a job is coming up with a mate in africa,if not I am offski again SOON and I always lose any excess avoirdupois in pinas

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Only in da Philippines

Nice story Arthur.
    ... thanks, Terpe.

Respected Member
    Stewart, think positive. Go. Enjoy. Be happy.
    I agree Stewart, in spite of what I a said about the hospitals I would go for it too in your shoes!

Banned
    When in Rome do as the Romans do. I find not using loo paper is much cleaner anyway, better to keep your finger nails short though.The big plus is, you can year the same underpants on for a week or so, depending how fussy you are. Same with the food, i eat what they eat apart from severed hand (squid)

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    I agree Stewart, in spite of what I a said about the hospitals I would go for it too in your shoes!
    Thanks Terpe,, thanks Jim, needed that, iv no worries doubts about my lady at all,happy to marry,happy to trust,
    but the hospital thing, is proberbly the only put off i struggle with, ok i got some savings credit card,if more extreme expense my house,
    brenda thinks hospital will accept regular payments,providing i have income, but i dont know for sure, and that they would accept her to guarenter me,, what would concern me is if brenda being my wife would end up in massive debt,and or my daughters in uk, thats what i fear, i know brenda would as her second choice come live with me in uk, but hey philipines i wanna go for it, 12 months at least, not a bad risk

there was nothing worse than izal,,(like grease proof paper), even came with a warning,,,,, now please wash your hands ,,,,

12 months at least, not a bad risk
    If you dont go you wont know,lifes a risk anyway whatever you do,its a shallow life lived without any scars as the old saying goes,give it a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    If you dont go you wont know,lifes a risk anyway whatever you do,its a shallow life lived without any scars as the old saying goes,give it a shot
    thanks Tawi, im packin mi bags and the loo roll

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    When in Rome do as the Romans do. I find not using loo paper is much cleaner anyway, better to keep your finger nails short though.The big plus is, you can year the same underpants on for a week or so, depending how fussy you are. Same with the food, i eat what they eat apart from severed hand (squid)
    its cleaner providing you not got the runs

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    Thanks Terpe,, thanks Jim, needed that, iv no worries doubts about my lady at all,happy to marry,happy to trust,
    but the hospital thing, is proberbly the only put off i struggle with, ok i got some savings credit card,if more extreme expense my house,
    brenda thinks hospital will accept regular payments,providing i have income, but i dont know for sure, and that they would accept her to guarenter me,, what would concern me is if brenda being my wife would end up in massive debt,and or my daughters in uk, thats what i fear, i know brenda would as her second choice come live with me in uk, but hey philipines i wanna go for it, 12 months at least, not a bad risk
    You are old enough to retire early Stewart, did you not build up any private pension rights over the years? If you have got some private pension savings you will get a much better annuity rate than most folk even with retiring early because of your medical history.

Also remember that in this market houses in the UK can't be disposed of quickly probably much better to rent it out and if worst came to the worst use the rent to pay your medical bills in the Phils, the one benefit is that medical treatment can be a lot cheaper in the Philippines.

You are old enough to retire early Stewart, did you not build up any private pension rights over the years? If you have got some private pension savings you will get a much better annuity rate than most folk even with retiring early because of your medical history.

Also remember that in this market houses in the UK can't be disposed of quickly probably much better to rent it out and if worst came to the worst use the rent to pay your medical bills in the Phils, the one benefit is that medical treatment can be a lot cheaper in the Philippines.
    Hi jim, up to 25 yrs old i did very well being a plumber and the building trade property ect, had a beutiful big victorian house,but you know it hapens to more than just me my x made sure i had nothing, except 3 daughters who i dedicated my time to bringing them up, i worked part time to fit in to be home when they left for school and when return home, i never regained what i had, it took a long time, to aquire this modest 2 bed house i have now, had one further gf took me to cleaners a little too,, no never got a private pension going, shame, i belive if im right,my goverment pension wont be released untill im 65, the thing is do i keep paying a minimum voluntry payments to keep it good while im away , my house originaly i would have sold,but for brenda tell me not to, and the advise not to here too, i will rent it , brenda doesnt need any money from me , though id insist, at worst the rent will be almost fully available and accumalate for emergencies flights to and from phil ect,

retire yes this is my intention by living in phil i can do this, iv been off work ill for over a year now i dont want to return to the struggle,

Respected Member
    Hi jim, up to 25 yrs old i did very well being a plumber and the building trade property ect, had a beutiful big victorian house,but you know it hapens to more than just me my x made sure i had nothing, except 3 daughters who i dedicated my time to bringing them up, i worked part time to fit in to be home when they left for school and when return home, i never regained what i had, it took a long time, to aquire this modest 2 bed house i have now, had one further gf took me to cleaners a little too,, no never got a private pension going, shame, i belive if im right,my goverment pension wont be released untill im 65, the thing is do i keep paying a minimum voluntry payments to keep it good while im away , my house originaly i would have sold,but for brenda tell me not to, and the advise not to here too, i will rent it , brenda doesnt need any money from me , though id insist, at worst the rent will be almost fully available and accumalate for emergencies flights to and from phil ect,

retire yes this is my intention by living in phil i can do this, iv been off work ill for over a year now i dont want to return to the struggle,
    I think you will miss the old 65 rule, you might be borderline, I was expecting 65 but they changed the rules recently

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensions...ion/DG_4017919

from 2018 they increase the age to 66 it applies if you were born between 6 April 1953 and 5 April 1960.

I can well understand that you never got round to getting a pension under the circumstances. Me I have a little saved but it's not going to be enough to retire on early, lost my business and home the other year so I can sympathise a lot :(

I think you will miss the old 65 rule, you might be borderline, I was expecting 65 but they changed the rules recently

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Pensions...ion/DG_4017919

from 2018 they increase the age to 66 it applies if you were born between 6 April 1953 and 5 April 1960.

I can well understand that you never got round to getting a pension under the circumstances. Me I have a little saved but it's not going to be enough to retire on early, lost my business and home the other year so I can sympathise a lot :(
    well whats past is past,onward and upward as they say,
    ouch!! ,,robbed by a year, and by our corrupt govermont ,
    and the cost of living keeps going up, soon that will balance out any medical costs,

Trusted Member
    I'm going to teach English in China when my boy goes to Uni' in 18 months...6 months on/6 months travelling Asia.

To hell with being 'old'.

You're a long time dead.

I can't advise on the insurance side Stewart but I can tell you that some hospitals will physically detain you until the bill is paid, this is officially illegal but it does happen.

I have also heard of people having problems even getting in to a hospital without being able to show they have the means to pay, but they usually assume a westerner will be able to cover their costs.
    back to medical costs,, i was wondering if medical insurance might be cheaper if taken out in phil, rather than a uk ins company

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I'm going to teach English in China when my boy goes to Uni' in 18 months...6 months on/6 months travelling Asia.

To hell with being 'old'.

You're a long time dead.
    sure are a long time dead , life is for living , we have been relatively a lucky generation, no world war , no conscription, the wealth sprung in the 60s, many advancments for us,

Respected Member
    back to medical costs,, i was wondering if medical insurance might be cheaper if taken out in phil, rather than a uk ins company
    It would be, as the cost of treatment is generally lower but you probably won't be able to get it given your history, same as here that way :(

Respected Member
    well whats past is past,onward and upward as they say,
    ouch!! ,,robbed by a year, and by our corrupt govermont ,
    and the cost of living keeps going up, soon that will balance out any medical costs,
    Yes it's a lot of money to have taken away in one fell swoop, 5 grand in today's money for a single man roughly.

The only good thing is that folk our age fully qualify already as we only need 30 years contributions.

Trusted Member
    I'm looking forward to retirement, and plan to use what the ex left me with, plus the generous govt. pension by taking to the open road...free as a bird.

Yes it's a lot of money to have taken away in one fell swoop, 5 grand in today's money for a single man roughly.

The only good thing is that folk our age fully qualify already as we only need 30 years contributions.
    the game is,,,, you got to live long enough to collect it , rofl

hey you lucky man

Banned
    That made me laugh Graham I agree, too much caution can really mess up, whats left of your life. I remember watching a film starring Anthony Hopkins, it was about a guy in his later years going to the salt flats in Utah and breaking the land speed record on a Indian motorcycle. What stuck with me was what he said, 'you can live more spending 5 minutes on a motorcycle, than most men live in a life time'. Yes Graham, We are a long time dead!!! As my dear Dad used to say and now finding out!

Trusted Member
    I saw that film the other week too !

Great film...loved it.

I lost a friend and former work-colleague only about 10 days ago.
    He came off the road on the ice in his car late one night, and then it burst into flames.

He was a lovely guy, and only 36 years old.
    I'm just waiting for funeral details.

Other friends have died well before their time too.

It makes you think.

But for my responsibility to my son, I'd be adventuring somewhere the other side of the world right now....but I can wait a little longer.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information