Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie

Facebook Newbie (Moderated Posts) mandy's Avatar
    Hi Rosie...Yes it is a small world lol...I will defo take your advice into consideration...my bf and I have a lot to sort out between us...and we are hoping if we are patient and do things properley that in the end we will achieve our goal and be together,and we are finding out that its not gonna be easy,but we are prepared to travel that road coz we wanna take our relationship to the next step...Thanks again to everyone for your advice and its so nice to meet you all

Facebook Newbie (Moderated Posts) mandy's Avatar
    Oh and to Graham...he has visited Hong Kong twice before I think...We need to seriously discuss our options,but I really would like to meet his family...

Quote Originally Posted by mandy View Post
    I would love to come and visit the Philippines..from what my bf has told me it sounds like a very beautiful and friendly place...and he has assured me I will be made to feel very welcome...
    North Greenhills..San Juan city..
    Hello Mandy welcome to the forum...If your planning to visit the Philippines and stay with your bf, I think Greenhills is one of the top City in Manila and a safe place to stay, dont worry you'll be fine Philippines is just like any other countries ...just mind where your going and use all your senses and ninja reactions
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Trusted Member
    Oh and to Graham...he has visited Hong Kong twice before I think...We need to seriously discuss our options,but I really would like to meet his family...
    I'd suggest you just meet HIM first, in a place where you feel safe and comfortable.

It is only a comparatively short hop over to the Phils from HongKong, should you then wish to make a side-trip, and you don't need a visa for either country.

I used to live and work in Hong Kong and 'commuted' to the Phils from there...couple of hours flight, and tickets are cheap to buy in HK travel agents, even for a next day flight.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I'd suggest you just meet HIM first, in a place where you feel safe and comfortable.

It is only a comparatively short hop over to the Phils from HongKong, should you then wish to make a side-trip, and you don't need a visa for either country.

I used to live and work in Hong Kong and 'commuted' to the Phils from there...couple of hours flight, and tickets are cheap to buy in HK travel agents, even for a next day flight.
    Hi Mandy, it's not clear whether you have ever been to the Far East before but if you have, you will know it is very different to life in the UK. I have to agree with Graham here ...... from my own experiences, I urge you to meet your boyfriend first in a safe place to make sure that you are comfortable with one another. Sometimes meeting in person can totally alter perception and if you were in the Philippines and had second thoughts, it could be more difficult for you to move around on your own than in somewhere like Hong Kong.

I too have lived in Hong Kong and it would be an ideal place to start and within easy reach of Philippines too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information