Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Treat them mean to keep them keen

Some blokes believe this to be true for all women.

But I think this shouldn't apply to the nice caring sensitive kind of girl because they seem to appreciate kindness more, whereas a female who does not have these traits treats a man who is prepared to give them the world, with disdain.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post

But I think this shouldn't apply to the nice caring sensitive kind of girl because they seem to appreciate kindness more, whereas a female who does not have these traits treats a man who is prepared to give them the world, with disdain.

What do you guys think?
    Personally, I make an effort NOT to treat anyone mean. period.

I could never treat anyone mean, even more so with somone I was developing loving feelings for, but it certainly does seem that men who treat women mean fair better, why I just do not even try to understand
    Mick.

What do you guys think?
    I think it works in some relationship(male/female) ...after reading loads of threads in this forum
    TOLERANCE is the key factor!!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

I've never treated a girl mean or intend to. I'm just pointing out that certain females prefer a man who treats them meaner than a man who treats them kinder. It sounds illogical but it's true.

treat those like you would like them to treat you , i say and it works for me

lets just all admit that all of us wants a perfect relationship,but there can never be a perfect relationship in human world ,some people tend to endure pain to keep the relationship and some quit straight away,its the degree of tolerance for attitudes,cultures,differences,that can can modulate everything.
    or maybe treat them mean to keep them keen and lose them???
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member
    its funny now that someones mentioned it but in my situation i remember my girl saying that she enjoys an argument sometimes because it can make the 'making up' more sweet in her words. she said too much of a good thing was boring OMG maybe i just made the biggest mistake of my life

Quote Originally Posted by blackcatbone View Post
    its funny now that someones mentioned it but in my situation i remember my girl saying that she enjoys an argument sometimes because it can make the 'making up' more sweet in her words. she said too much of a good thing was boring
    I don't think there's much wrong with that. I'd rather my girl gets things off her chest than to sulk in silence. I wouldn't worry if she's slightly feisty.

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    I could never treat anyone mean, even more so with somone I was developing loving feelings for, but it certainly does seem that men who treat women mean fair better, why I just do not even try to understand
    Mick.
    You've summed it up perfectly, Mick ... couldn't have put it any better myself!

maybe a few would like to be treated that way but in general, we love the TLC treatment

i treat people the way I would like to be treated

Respected Member
    well said mate kharma will have its way in the end

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar

Question

What do you guys think?
    Yes, I pretty much agree with that. While the 'treat them mean, keep them keen' might work with some, it doesn't work with all and I think if you meet the right person you shouldn't need to do this. I just treat them how I'd like to be treated myself, but I think in the early stages you should be careful not to go overboard/want near constant contact as it could feel too much for them & scare them off.

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    treat them mean to keep them keen and lose them???
    Exactly! Not all women are the same. What if you meet someone that is genuine, caring and loving who doesn't like to be treated like that/doesn't like mind games? Can you afford to lose her by thinking that all women are the same and that she likes to be 'treated mean to keep her Keen'?

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Exactly! Not all women are the same. What if you meet someone that is genuine, caring and loving who doesn't like to be treated like that/doesn't like mind games? Can you afford to lose her by thinking that all women are the same and that she likes to be 'treated mean to keep her Keen'?
    My problem was my wife was very convincing before we married, she gave me at the end of my first visit a big cross stich of two angles that must have taken her a lot of time to make, with the inscription:
    “Michael you complete me, I love you dear! Thanks God about you xxx
    Forever Jenn”

It was lies she married me only come to the UK to live with Filipino friends and work to send money home, for the baby she had with her Filipino boyfriend after we married.
    No wonder the visa took so long to obtain.
    Mick.
    Last edited by mickcant; 12th January 2011 at 13:24. Reason: spelling

I used to work with a plasterer from Manchester...His advice for a successful marraige was simple.
    "Keep em well ****ed and poorly shod and they will stay with you till the day they die"
    Thought that was a bit harsh myself!
    Mancs eh...Who would marry one?

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I used to work with a plasterer from Manchester...His advice for a successful marraige was simple.
    "Keep em well ****ed and poorly shod and they will stay with you till the day they die"
    Was good he gave her some sort of shoe though
    Mick.

I used to work with a plaster from Manchester...His advice for a successful marraige was simple.
    More than a bit harsh, ........extreme chauvinism

I reckon she would have given him the boot by now Mick..
    Regards,
    Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Welcome to the typical conversation in a British building site tea room!!
    The example I gave above can only be described as relatively mild BTW!!
    Some of the comments spouted were positively disgusting and not the kind of thing you would wish to hear whilst biting into a bacon and egg roll laced with tomato sauce!! Oh well...Thats life on a construction site!

Banned
    Im sure no one sets out to treat there women mean if its not in there nature, its not possible, surely. All I know is that we attract certain types, we just hope its the right one who gets to you first and not and not one of those who manipulate. What Fred said about his mate from Manchester Im sure there is some truth in it, although I also keep my wife well clothed as well ! Ha ha ha The wife calls it 'watered' sounds much better to the ear ha ha ha

Slightly ... but I'd like to Tim [South-east boy] back to the "fold". It's really good to see you posting here again!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Slightly ... but I'd like to Tim [South-east boy] back to the "fold". It's really good to see you posting here again!
    Hi Arthur! Thanks for the welcome back! Been pretty busy lately and also now what with re-doing my bathroom. I'll write a bit of a catch-up with what I've been up to later!

Advice to newly weds.
    Start as you mean to carry on!

i treat people the way I would want to be treated back

I, for one, would! But only because he knows better than to treat me like I weren't his equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I've heard that quote before and I've always thought it meant to keep her satisfied and to keep her dependent on you. Or at least not so independent that she starts thinking she can live without you by her side. Of course, if you're with a bunch of construction workers (aka "manly men"), it probably wouldn't do to sound like a pansy so it's better to just say, "Keep em well ****ed and poorly shod and they will stay with you till the day they die."

Banned

What do you guys think?
    There are the Western men who "treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen" and there are many Western women who respond in a similar way to men.

Many Western women have been interviewed over generations and they have expressed their fondness for bad boys. This bad boy stereotype has been propagated by women themselves.
    Sadly some women link bad behaviour with good sex This can be true too.

What I have experienced with my lovely (Filipina) wife, as I'm sure lots of you have also found, is that kindness is easily repaid in kind. This kindness seems to have been generally forgotten in Western countries. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why so many Western men find Asian ladies attractive to them, but it is only one reason.

Let's leave the mean brigade to each other and enjoy the harmony that we are mostly lucky to have being married to a Filipina.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Many Western women have been interviewed over generations and they have expressed their fondness for bad boys. This bad boy stereotype has been propagated by women themselves.

What I have experienced with my lovely (Filipina) wife, as I'm sure lots of you have also found, is that kindness is easily repaid in kind. This kindness seems to have been generally forgotten in Western countries. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why so many Western men find Asian ladies attractive to them, but it is only one reason.

Let's leave the mean brigade to each other and enjoy the harmony that we are mostly lucky to have being married to a Filipina.
    I was once told by a girlfriend I was not a man's man about 30 years ago If being a man's man means being a stereotype then I am glad I stayed myself.

I agree Apo, it was only after meeting my partner in the Philippines that I finally found someone that appreciated that I was a decent person and who understood that was something to be valued.

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Hear, hear ... !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information