Hi BCB, I just read this whole thread in one sitting (phew!) and I wanted to say that your worries about something bad happening to her were unfounded. If she had been hurt or something bad had happened to her, her phone wouldn't have rung and it would have gone straight to the "unattended" message.

So now it's come to this then? I'm sorry that you went through so much emotional turmoil with this girl. I hope it's not the Dane but if it is, just be glad you didn't lose more than you did. I know that sounds like a generic response, but seriously, it's a good thing she didn't string you along for longer than she has.

Lancashirelad's right. I think if a woman won't let you dive in and meet her family and interact with them on your own and without her supervision, there might be a good reason to watch your step. In the Philippines, family comes first. And if a woman wanted to be with you, she'd want her family to approve of you, which means she'd want her family to interact with you so you can make a good impression on them.

Mick, I didn't realise you went through so much! :( I honestly don't understand how people move on after being hurt and betrayed like that. But I guess that shows strength of character to be able to pull yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going.