Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When should alarm bells start to ring??

Been speaking to this lass,

Apparently she has no webcam but has now bought 1. So she can prove it's her.

And she's asking for help to get her cell phone back fom the pawn shop cost 3600peso's
    It's sentamental Value. it needs to be bought back before next week as it goes up for sale

I would of thought that if it had such value it would not have been pawned. Any comments on this??

regards
    adam

How long have you known her?Over the years I have known personally three different Pinays who never asked me for one single penny,never ever,one even offered to pay for me a flight to pinas once,if you have only just met this lady and she is asking for cash the odds are she is testing the water to see if its tepid or not.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

AdamB
    When should alarm bells start to ring??

In principle - When you hear them

As I've said many times before, there is nobody here can tell you what to do.
    You have to make the decisions.
    No offence Adam, but there are plenty of posts very recently that should help you.
    If this young lady is a scammer she has no intention of putting a gun to your head to rob you. You will just give whatever of your own free will.
    No dark alley in cyberspace.
    Maybe she's just playing you for small fun. P3600 is not so much to lose. If you are a gambling man maybe it's worth it to see her hand.
    Maybe she is really a genuine, hardworking respectable lady who will make you happy the rest of your life.

Adam, I would urge you to read the other posts. Decide you next move and just do it. Be always aware of your own feelings and be prepared for anything.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

Respected Member
    Buy her a China Phone for 850 PHP new! To be honest, she could be trying it on, but the golden rule is don't give her any money until you've met her.

Not sure about the tepid bit..I`d say she was testing to see if she`s hooked a complete and utter mug!!!!
    These girls must have so many on the go at one time these days that it is merely how they play the law of averages ...and how long it takes them to get their "Phones back"!!

Don't do it, it dosen't sound good...That's just over £50 quid.
    Not sending, will soon show how keen she really is on you.

Find the right one & you wont have to ask this question.

Loads of women wouldnt even ask for a centavo whether through pride or the fact they should send remittances to the UK as some of them are minted.Be interesting to know how long you have been chatting to this particular lady however and whether or not you have seen her on cam,its a bussiness for some fishing online and playing the law of percentages,even bayots do it,look through Date in Asia,its entertaining playing spot-the-guy.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Been speaking to this lass,

Apparently she has no webcam but has now bought 1. So she can prove it's her.

And she's asking for help to get her cell phone back fom the pawn shop cost 3600peso's
    It's sentamental Value. it needs to be bought back before next week as it goes up for sale

I would of thought that if it had such value it would not have been pawned. Any comments on this??

regards
    adam
    Don't believe a word of it! She's had ample cash to buy a webcam [not cheap in the Phils!] And a mobile phone ... *sentimental value? Nope ... as you rightly surmise, why - especially if *this were the case - would she pawn it? Usually (although, admittedly, not always) hints about/requests for money are enough to set alarm bells ringing ...

Thanks all,

Told her sorry no and she still wants to speak over webcam tomorrow.
    We shall see if the pic's match the person.
    Might be genuine, But then again might be the biggest scammer out there. Life is 1 big gamble.

Will update tommorrow, Terpe i think i just got it into my head to post up. Did not thinking about search button.

Banned
    Be prepared for a sob story tomorrow, AdamB.

Stay strong yet calm, if she is genuine she will not ask you for money.

If she does again, and if it was me......
    Be careful but it's your call mate.

Just remember all the cold mornings you have to hook up to the fifth wheel then connect the susies, is she worth spending your hard-earned money on, mate?

its down to you but i would be truefull and say sorry but its down to you to sort it out, if you are still intrested in her and she you then keep on talking but like many say dont send anything just yet, unless you want too

I think that's another one you can cross off your list, Adam.

Trusted Member
    Next please !

Adam, have you written a profile or something about yourself for these women to read?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Adam, have you written a profile or something about yourself for these women to read?
    LOl, Maybe i should change the profile of myself from caring person to grumpy git, That is not here as passport or visa office. Any scammers Fo by neariest exit!!

Yes jamie i think it's another no way it's time to run situation..... By time i find a nice lass i'll be What do i do know??? Ho do you that again where is the instruction's manual

Got to love this site everyone straight to the point. It's handy and really does help out alot.

It's all good though. Been intouch with my friend who stays in chengdu, I've been invited there for a holiday. Just flight's and food stay at his so no hotel... Might just go for it.

Regards
    adam

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB
    Maybe i should change the profile of myself from caring person to grumpy git, That is not here as passport or visa office. Any scammers Fo by neariest exit!!
    Oy, that's the first line on MY dating profile !

you've not said how long you have know her, unless i've missed the thread/post ?

always need to be alert to being scammed, and like many have said asking for money is one good indicator

but how long have you know her, and how many times have you offered her money, how many times has she asked you ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

hi adam, the phone could be quite expensive being able to phone it at the redemption value of 3,600. Could be a high end phone then, latest. So how come she pawn it when it got sentimental value? is she starving already? Filipinos have this peculiar support system via family relative and friends to help one when in great need. So, where are the families and friends to help her on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    hints about/requests for money are enough to set alarm bells ringing ...
    ... so where are the family and friends to help her as Min has pointed out?

Respected Member
    I would say 'why take the risk'? She could be genuine but there are loads and loads of lovely Filipina ladies out there who wouldn't put you in this position. Even if the story was true. I agree with Tawi2, my experience my Pinay ladies is that they won't ask like this. There are certainly geniune exceptions but for 1) the story doesn't ring true and for 2) why take the risk for the reasons already given?

Seriously, anytime I've ever walked passed any 'computer shop' (what they call an internet cafe) in Manila, they are mostly packed with blatant scammers. They are in there all day, every day. I don't really blame them given the circumstance but what would hate to be on the other end of it!

hi Adam,

Please don't give any money if you have not met the person.. either if you have. But be sure to check her backgrounds... you're looking for a relationship. Either it's filipina or not people are the same around the world. There are scams everywhere and it could be anybody.

A woman with since of dignity will never ask a money from a person she haven't met in person.
    Life as we make it

Hi all,

Answer question above, Time known. maybe 3wks...
    Speak to her or whoever online at the moment. Oh i cant get webcam to work because need usb port fitted to pc, I pawned my phone because of tution fee's. I cant use internet cafe becuase girl did something rude on it and now cafe stop using. My neighbour does not have a pc.
    i asked about family oh i stay with aunt in cotabato and my family stay in cebu.

Yeah Scammer i think. No money coming from my pocket's, Im scottish but i'm not tight!! im just misunderstood.

regards
    adam

LOl, Maybe i should change the profile of myself from caring person to grumpy git,
    Not grumpy but to the point. I'd write something like this.

I'm on this site to look for a genuine lady aged between X & Y who is single and has no children. If your intentions are to ask me for money, pronounce to me your undying love for me in your first message or any other reason other than to seek a genuine loving relationship, please don't contact me as you'll be wasting your time.

If you're still reading and want to know more about me, Hi, my name is Adam, I'm 31, I'm caring, loving, blah blah blah.....

That first paragraph will make the scammers sit up and think "hey, this dude is clued up" so I doubt if they'll bother. The genuine ladies will see you as serious and will respect you. It does sound a bit grumpy so you have to make sure the rest of your profile makes you seem like a nice guy to balance it out. Add a few happy smileys if you're able to. If not a few lol's. Just make yourself out to be a happy positive type of person, and a bit of a romantic perhaps and let them contact you.

Might be a good idea to tell them your stance on religion too.

Trusted Member
    You do right.

As soon as money/sick carabao/poor student is mentioned I drop like a hot coal.

LOl, Thanks jamie!!!

Yeah i'll go change profile know. I told her what i thought and soon as i said that, She said i'm not interested in your money. yeah right.....

It 1st started out all sincere and everything you expect, But come on if you send me this for usb i'll do this on camera if you ask!!!
    Hardly the polite and respectful young lass i started talking to....

Live and learn!!! Helpful with advice on here to though so thanks again....

LOl, Thanks jamie!!!

Yeah i'll go change profile know. I told her what i thought and soon as i said that, She said i'm not interested in your money. yeah right.....

It 1st started out all sincere and everything you expect, But come on if you send me this for usb i'll do this on camera if you ask!!!
    Hardly the polite and respectful young lass i started talking to....

Live and learn!!! Helpful with advice on here to though so thanks again....
    No probs.

Forgot to say. You can still contact a girl you like but only do it once. Don't chase her. She can then see your profile and if she likes the sound of you, she'll reply.

AdamB,
    Online dating sites are extremely popular and used by millions. Unfortunately, there will always be problems associated with 'scammers'. Some of these are actually 'high-flyers' in their chosen field. Changing a profile may or may not have any real impact. I would advise against having a profile that mentions money. Being always alert and aware is something you need online.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manila_Paul View Post
    Seriously, anytime I've ever walked passed any 'computer shop' (what they call an internet cafe) in Manila, they are mostly packed with blatant scammers. They are in there all day, every day. I don't really blame them given the circumstance but what would hate to be on the other end of it!
    Some would view that as a bit of a sweeping statement but maybe it's just the Manila ones that are jammed with scammers. I went in Bacolod and Tagbilaran Internet Cafes and the clientel seemed to be kids playing online games and folks communicating with overseas relatives, friends, ofw's etc

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Some would view that as a bit of a sweeping statement but maybe it's just the Manila ones that are jammed with scammers. I went in Bacolod and Tagbilaran Internet Cafes and the clientel seemed to be kids playing online games and folks communicating with overseas relatives, friends, ofw's etc
    Yeah, it is highly dependent on location. If you go into somewhere like Netopia, in a mall, then it'll be much like you describe. But I wouldn't call these traditional Filipino 'computer shops'. The ones near the poorer barangays are a different kettle fish. This said, yeah, Manila is also a different kettle of fish, as I understand it. Most of the wealth is here and most of the destitution and desperation too.

simple whenever in doubt i say, walk away, millions of good girls here, so why ponder on anyone you have doubts with when the worlds(or phililippines) is your lobster....

always the same from scammers, no cam, send me money and you can see me every day when you like, need to pay my net, send me money, dont have load (but im always texting) daughter or family are sick, cant pay my school fees. and the really good ones even manage some tears.... much easier to just bite the bullet and come here, the very least you get it some time in a beautiful country. Its a no brainer, if in doubt just press block and delete,, oh im becoming such a sceptic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information