Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    This forum is a great resource. Take some time a search, there's plenty of good info to be found.

On the issues of getting to Philippines, visa', visa extensions and long term staying:-

Please take some time to visit the links, I'm sure they will provide useful info for you.

When you travel to the Philippines from UK you get a free 21 day visa at arrival immigration.
    When you arrive you must have an ongoing ticket to either your orgininating country or another country. Lots of people use what is called a cheap "throw away" ticket.

If you want to stay longer than 21 days you can get a 38 day extension (21days + 38days = 59days) at an immigration office in the Phils.
    Better to do this at least one week before your visa expiration.
    I have seen on this forum that some members state that it's possible to purchase the extension at arrival at the airport. But I have no experience of this. Nor how much it would cost.

If it was me, I would get the 59 day visa from the Phils Embassy/Consulate in UK before you leave.
    This could be a money saver as the cost is only about £22 (I think the 38 day extension is about £50 in Phils)

If you have all your ducks lined up with your paperwork etc, you should have no problems getting married within the 59 days.
    You may need to check the latest info for paperwork needed but in principle

Your Birth certificate

Certificate of No Impediment to Marry from local registry office. Then present these documents to his Embassy/Consulate in the Philippines to be issued a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry. This certificate is needed for the application of a marriage license.
    BTW some forum members are now reporting that they were also required to obtain a CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) from NSO (National Statistics Office) so you might need to do thid as well.

Apply for the marriage license in your fiancée's home town at the registry office. (or locality of where marriage will take place)
    After you apply for the license there is a mandatory 10 day waiting period while the marriage banns are published

Sometimes (sometimes depending on your ages) you might also be requested to attend counseling sessions prior to being allowed to be married.

Anyway there's no reason why you can't accomplish all this in less than 30 days

Staying on beyond the 59 days requires you to extend your visa in two month increments at any immigration office up to 16 months. Beyond that, further extensions require approval by the main office in Manila. This can continue up to a total of another 8 months (4X two month extensions). Eventually you will have reached 24 months in Phils.
    At that point you must then leave the country. Although you can return immediately to start another 24 month process.

Look here for fees of all the above:-

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?...=282&Itemid=43

You will notice that after 59 days extension you need the Alien Certificate of Registration.
    This is now the ACR I-Card and is a microchip-based credit card-sized identification card issued to registered aliens replacing the paper-based ACR.
    It has an embedded computer chip with biometric security features capable of data management and can be updated electronically.
    It is fraud and tamper-proof/resistant with the following data:

1.Personal information such as name, age, date of birth, place of birth, etc.
    2.Photograph
    3.Date and status of admission
    4.Visa type granted/date granted/date issued/expiry date
    5.Biometric information (2 digitalized fingerprint templates)
    6.Signature
    7.ACR and ICR/NBCR/CRTV/CRTT/CRTS and CRPE numbers
    8.Travel details
    9.Payment of immigration fees details

The ACR I-Card serves as the Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC),
    Re-entry Permit (RP) and Special Return Certificate (SRC) of the holder upon payment of the required fees.

Your other long stay options are the 13a visa (PHILIPPINE IMMIGRATION VISA) and the SMILE, (was SRRV-Special Resident Retiree's Visa)

PHILIPPINE IMMIGRATION VISA (13a visa)
    Non-Quota Philippine Immigration Visa (Section 13(a) of the Philippine Immigration Act)

Info and application form here:-
    http://philembassy-uk.org/visaform3.pdf

But I have seen in posts on this forum that it is much easier and simpler to apply and obtain this visa from within Philippines. However it may help you to understand just what is needed if you take a look here:-

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?...d=26&Itemid=35

All documents to support your application must be properly certified as true copy.
    Sworn statements or affidavits should be notarized.
    Foreign documents must be duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate at the place where they are issued.

This visa is only available to citizens of a country which grants permanent residence and immigration privileges to Philippine citizens.
    This non-quota immigrant visa is a one-year multiple entry visa which should be renewed in the Philippines for three (3) consecutive years.
    On the fourth year (3rd renewal), the applicant may apply for permanent residency in the Philippines.

SMILE (previously known as Special Resident Retiree's Visa)

For all details on this look here:-
    http://www.pra.gov.ph./main/srrv_program?page=1

To be perfectly honest I have never known or known of anyone who ever took this up. Also, I admit I have never really studied or researched if there are any cost/value benefits.

Finally, don't forget that UK has a Double Taxation Agreement with Philippines so your pensions (incl state pension) could be agreed for taxation purposes to be taxed in Philippines rather than UK. Since the Philippines has a tax rate of zero on pensions, means your pensions will be tax free. (This agreement does not apply to government pensions such as civil service and most other public sector)

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by uhera_maya18 View Post
    hi! we have the same situation.. i met my husband on the internet and after 10 months of talking on cams, calls, texts.. we decided to get married on our 1st meeting. im 28 and he is 25. we both took a risk on getting married not seeing each other 1st. i understand what the others are telling u not to rush but on our case, we rushed and here we are happy ^_^ now my husband wants to live here and we are also planning to apply the permanent residence just need to sort all whats on their checklist and our problem is what to write on the notarized letter. we have the NSO marriage cert and others just not the letter by me and the BI Clearance.

Reading your concern, after you apply for permanent residence after the probation, in 5 years you can apply for citizenship. i say applying for permanent residence is cheaper than applying for extensions, we did that last year b4 he went back to Belfast on December it was expensive for us because we have to go back just to extend. He came back this January because we both cant move on with our lives living separately so he decided to live here.

As of writing this, my husband is beside me. He is saying that he took a big risk coming here, giving up what he has back in Belfast to be here. Well you can say its somewhat exciting but its really up to you. we got married not because we are rushing but because of love. now if you really really feel love, nothing will stop you both from getting married ^_^

anyway i also need help on what to write on the application letter coz the 1st requirement for permanent residence is a "a duly notarized letter of filipino spouse" need help there. thanks!!! oh and goodluck keith. i would suggest that you get your certificate of legal capacity to get married there and not here in the philippines. once you have the legal capacity from your local hall, just present it in british embassy, will only take 1 day for u to get it.
    i am from Belfast myself,im just back from the phills (Butuan City) after meeting my 'internet philippina' we have decided to marry at the end of the year (2011) after she finishes the training course shes just started, shes 38,im 59, ive only just started to investigate 'marrying in the philippines',its not as straight forward as i had hoped. any advice would be very helpful.
    and yes i got a shock when i arrived there,i arrived at Cagayan airport and traveled by bus for 5 hours back to Butuan,it was an eye opener,actually the first night i was ready to turn around and head straight home, but thankfully a few days later i had come to my senses and now i'd love to live there except ive no money worth talking about and i'd never find a job there,being just a lorry driver, the people are very friendly ,i was a bit un-nerved at first by people staring at me,but i got used to it,.they actully treat u like your something special,which im not of course.but its nice to meet people with manners,unlike parts of Belfast. oh well, im hoping all goes well for us though getting her back to belfast through immigration might be a bit of a headache.me being unemployed,we actually a 'carer' for my elderly mum. but my intended is a born again christian and i believe as well so with Gods help we'll get there. time will tell.

You seriously think these women love you guys How stupied can u be For one your old enough to be the fathers grandfathers and they are only in love with one thing ur wallet.
    All these women are trained from birth to prostatute themselfs, so You all need to take one big look at yourselfs open your eyes your being used,
    As for now they tell u they love u yea till your dead they can take all ur belongings and move on to the next uk man
    not only is it wrong its sick.
    Come on would you want your 16 year old daughter marrying at 60 year old man .
    pedos
    Why you think half the women come to uk?
    Cause the parents marry them off basicly sell them for pasos
    This is just as bad as traficking sick

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by northampton_gir View Post
    You seriously think these women love you guys How stupied can u be For one your old enough to be the fathers grandfathers and they are only in love with one thing ur wallet.
    All these women are trained from birth to prostatute themselfs, so You all need to take one big look at yourselfs open your eyes your being used,
    As for now they tell u they love u yea till your dead they can take all ur belongings and move on to the next uk man
    pedos
    Hahahahahaahaha!!!!

Thanks for posting.

You are perhaps 50% right.

pedos
    whats a pasos

no one is marrying a 16yr old

Age Requirements, Parental Consent, Parental Advice:
    If you are under the age of 18, you can not get married in the Philippines even if your parents are okay with the marriage.
    Individuals must be at least 21 years old to get married in the Philippines without written parental consent. If your parents cannot appear with you before the local civil registrar, a legal affidavit with the signatures of two witnesses may be accepted.

Individuals between the age of 21 and 25, must "... ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor. A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought, together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement."
    Source: Title I, Chapter 1, Article 15 Family Code of the Philippines

also she must be 21yrs or older to come to the UK, so next time do a bit of checking first
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

pedos

Northampton gir... You are still very hurt because of what happened to your Dad..
    Even though I have no idea of the circumstances I completely understand your anger and upset..
    There are some really nice members on this site that would be prepared to listen to your story should you decide to share.. Dont judge the membership here with ignorant Brit stereotypes and stuff you may have read in the Sun or heard at work from people that have never travelled or experienced time away from UK borders..
    Your Father would probably have advised the same..
    Regards,
    Fred.

Northampton_gir I think you have one big chip on your shoulder and taring every Filipina woman with one brush. Just take a long look at this excellent site and then make some sensible comments. My Filipina girl friend comes from a poor, honest and christian family, if she wanted a rich western guy as a husband she certainly would'nt have picked me. We have both been honest with each other from the start and she most certainly knows that I have'nt got any riches and how much of a struggle it has been for me to save the air fare to go and see her. Granted there is a large age difference but we are both mature and ask for nothing but love and trust from each other. If anything I will be the one who is better off by living in the Phils and when I'm gone all that will be left will be happy memories and dust, no pot of gold, no mansion in the uk and not even gold fillings. My girl friend knows this but she still wants to be with me and I with her so please credit all the members of this site with some intelegence.

well said keith i couldnt agree with you more these narrow minded people really pissme off they are ignorant to learn the facts

age is just a number my emma says and you know what , it is and how happy we are , why is it so many people are so narrow minded , like graham says you may be 50% right but its the other 50% that matters,

How do you no what happen to my Dad?
    Also My dad was only in philopines 12 weeks and murderd So if u guys read the news you will no that your all targets
    your all being taken for mugs
    And the rule to be 21 is faulse because i no men who have married 16 year old filopinos,
    And i have done research on all this and i no what i am talking about.

You may be married to a Filipina if . . .

your refrigerator is always full but you cannot find any food that you recognize.
    instead of a dowry, you got the whole bill for the wedding and honeymoon.
    most of the decorations in your house are made of wicker.
    you are expected to be able to read her mind just by watching her eyebrows move up and down and which way her lips are pointed.
    all her relatives think your name is Joe.
    the instant you are married you have 3000 new close relatives that you can't tell apart.
    your house isn't really on fire, but there is a very charred fish right on top of the stove burner.
    all the desserts are sticky and all the snacks are salty.
    she eats her fruit with giant salt crystals and her fried chicken with ketchup.
    even the ketchup tastes weird . . . very weird.
    you throw a party and everyone is fighting to chop the leathery skin off a dead pig.
    all your kids have 4-5 middle names.*
    your in-laws take 10 years to acknowledge your existence and to call you by something other than "that white guy."
    you try to call her up on the phone and someone tells you "for a while" and you want to know "for a while, what??"
    you are trying to go to sleep and she keeps asking for the comFORT'r, and you ain't got a clue what she's talking about . . .
    your first Christmas present is some funny looking baggy see-thru shirt made out of leftover lace doilies.
    your phone bills are all international and average 3 hours per call.
    she sweeps with something that witches usually fly around on.
    her idea of classy, expensive champagne is Asti Spumante
    the rice cooker is on 24 hours a day and uses up 50% of your electric and food budget.
    on your first trip to the Philippines, you have 18 giant boxes that weigh 1000 pounds each and your "carry on" luggage requires a small forklift truck.
    the same luggage is over filled with things that cost an average of 15 cents each like old magazines and M&Ms -- the worst part is when you get off the plane, the same stuff you've been hauling around half way around the world is available in every store in the airport for half the price!
    all her pajamas look like they were worn by the Dalai Lama until they got too faded.
    the first time she's pregnant you have to go out at 4:00 in the morning looking for some weird type of greasy sausages, green mangoes and bagoong.
    You buy a new $500 freezer so she can store 200 pounds of SPAM and CORNED BEEF that was on sale.
    everything in your house was bought on sale, even if you don't need it .. as long as it was a "bargain" is all that matters.
    she gets really excited by sucking the fat out of pig knees.
    your daughter gets her ears pierced when she's 2 minutes old but your sons are not circumcised until they turn 21.
    all your postage bills instantly double.
    you hire a yaya because your wife thinks you clean mirrors with soap and a sponge and the yaya seems cheaper than a divorce.
    the only "white meat" she likes is You, and that's if you're lucky . . .
    her favorite sauce is called patis, Americans call it turpentine.
    she actually thinks that bowling and golf and billiards are real sports and are more important than baseball and football.
    you were married 5 years before she explained to you that "ARAY!" doesn't mean "ooh, baby!"
    she prefers bistek to beef steak.
    her idea of new upholstery is rinsing the bagoong stains out of the slip covers.
    she can eat and talk at the same time, in fact that's her especialty!
    her favorite meal is leftovers, her favorite fancy dessert is Jello mold and for something REALLY romantic, she'll offer you a halo-halo with 2 straws.
    you still don't know what's the difference between manong and manok.
    she and the kids are always saying "Daddy made utot" and you still don't know what it means but they think it's pretty funny.
    other than eyebrow raising and lip puckering, her next most expressive form of communication is grunts and pssst's
    she goes to the movies just for the AC.
    her homeland has more Megamalls than islands.
    before every holiday and visit, her sisters fax you a 10 page "bilin" list which says "suggestion only."
    your kitchen table has a merry-go-round in the middle.
    all the vegetables she buys at the Filipino store look like they were grown at Chernobyl.
    your in-law's first visit lasted 5 years.
    her friends are named Chinky, Girlie, Boy and Bimbo and you are not allowed to smirk.
    her home economics course only taught shopping, eating and siesta; cooking, cleaning and sewing were not electives.
    her idea of edifying reading is gossip magazines.
    all your place settings has the silverware backwards and there are no knives.
    she washes her hair with a bucket and her car with a broom.
    she uses an umbrella even if its not raining.
    her favorite book (she has 3 copies) is "1001 New Recipes for Pig Parts You Were Gonna Throw Out"
    you are the only family in a 200 mile radius with 2 VCRs, 3 televisions.
    she's done her best job planning a surprise party for you if she manages not to tell you about it until a week or two before.
    she "cleans" her closet by throwing all the crap into your closet.
    AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: you are pretty proud of yourself because you think you snagged up for yourself some unique, rare, tropical goddess type until you go to the Philippines and can't tell her apart from anyone else in the whole country (unless she's taller than 5'1", then it's a bit easier).
    BONUS ENCORE: it was your wife's idea for you to write this cause she thought it was funny . . . for a while though until the list got TOO LONG!!!

Yawn.......... and your point is exactly ?????
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    Yep....that's what I like about Filipinas and their culture.

What I don't like is the way they tend to double in weight after a few years in a Western country.
    Last edited by KeithD; 15th March 2011 at 22:20.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    What I don't like is the way they tend to double in weight after a few years in a Western country.

thats one for her to add to the list

this research is very useful thanks
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Ok so not all women there are the same I no some very nice filopino ladies they are my friends,
    But what i am saying is cant you see for one moment that they really want you? i no that the women i no wouldnt marrie a uk man because they are not attractied to them because there age,
    So why cant u find a women that pretty from uk?
    Because these women u are marrying only want one thing and thats your money. you ever watched hostel this it what is happening,
    99 percent of these women work in the Bars and sell themselfs everynight
    So if they can find one man to sell themselfs to they be happy wont they.
    Iam not a rasit at all i like and did love the philopines But all i can see it is trouble
    All these uk and american men are being killed out there and the police dont seem to mind ,
    If u servive in philopines without being rob or killed you are very very lucky But I am telling you all now you are playing with fire Why do you have to think i am being bad or horrible Iam only telling you how it is go on youtube and watch soco news you see for yourselfs ok

well i have just wasted a few minutes reading what you have said and i am sorry to say this and dont take offence but you are one sad .... , become a lesbian and see how great life could become if you then could find a fillipino that dont want you for your age and your money and what ever else you may be thinking mine and most others lives are great, is yours

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    well i have just wasted a few minutes reading what you have said and i am sorry to say this and dont take offence but you are one sad .... , become a lesbian and see how great life could become if you then could find a fillipino that dont want you for your age and your money and what ever else you may be thinking mine and most others lives are great, is yours
    No my live isnt great its quite .... actully as my dad was murderd in philopines because he aswell wouldnt listen to me or anyone else I told him not to go And his filopino fantacy well killed him in the end didnt it Because a british man in philopines is not safe And if i can stop at least one man from uk going there ill be happy
    If you love these women bring them here to uk

Because these women u are marrying only want one thing and thats your money.,
    I find your opinion quite offensive and I am sure that all the members here who are happily married or in relationships and have children with a filipina will also be offended by your ludicrous views on our lifestyle.
    I will give you my fiancee's phone number so you can explain to her how she is robbing me of my future and tell her that she is a prostitute and only wants me for my money. She will make you feel so small I think you are a joke or are having a good laugh.
    I personally think you are very sad, and just because something that happened in your past has tainted your view of the Philippines dont wave that brush at me or my fiancee thank you very much.
    If you have nothing good to offer this forum, maybe this is not the right place for you to stay. Your opinion is not very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    I find your opinion quite offensive and I am sure that all the members here who are happily married or in relationships and have children with a filipina will also be offended by your ludicrous views on our lifestyle.
    I will give you my fiancee's phone number so you can explain to her how she is robbing me of my future and tell her that she is a prostitute and only wants me for my money. She will make you feel so small I think you are a joke or are having a good laugh.
    I personally think you are very sad, and just because something that happened in your past has tainted your view of the Philippines dont wave that brush at me or my fiancee thank you very much.
    If you have nothing good to offer this forum, maybe this is not the right place for you to stay. Your opinion is not very welcome.
    I never once mentioned your wife did i?
    You are obviously having thoughts in your own head about her to bring her into this
    I said 99 percent girls work in bars?
    Did u meet your wife in bar did i say you did NO
    Take a look at yourself If you are so happy with your life why you waisting it commenting on here? When its not even about you is it Or is it? What matter Hit home did i

You wave a big brush and I have had enough of your accusations about 'our' loved ones. You are the one who said that 99% are bar working prostitutes .. Like I said, if you have nothing better to add to our forum, then please go away. Your comments are not wanted.

Yea well its true you ask any normal filopino women she will tell you herself, i never said ur wife is one . But not all off them are nice They take take take
    Anything tthats not nailed down they will take beleive me.
    how am i hurting you or anyone who is in a happy relationship with my post If you and your wife are happy then good for you ,

You have a very distorted view because of what happened to your father. Did he enjoy the company of his partner? was he also happy with her? Why was he in the Philippines? was he finding love that he could not find in the Uk? Hard questions for you to answer?? What happened to him could have happened in his own back yard, there are plenty of women here who will take you for all you have, dont worry about that. So you have a problem with Filipinas, have you ever been there? Take a look at your posts and reason for posting, then you may understand why I am using the tone that I am with you. The past is the past, time for you to move on.

Problem is my dad was blinded like alot of british men by these women ,
    whilst he was lying dead in his own house his partner so called family stole everything from him all because they was theifs scavingers
    He gave that family everything whilst he was alive and this is how they repay him
    How comes then i have read online about this country alot off murders all for money robberys every day? Children murderd raped everyday
    And you would seriously want to bring your child up there?
    never mind the fact its a 3rd world country
    move on how dare you tell me to move on
    I hope you never have to lose someone like this in ur life and then be told to move on
    How can i move on

I said 99 percent girls work in bars?
    i
    You are talking absolute crap. get a life or get out of here

Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    You are talking absolute crap. get a life or get out of here
    Totally agree Jim.

I dont have to justify my life with the one I love or her family wo I also accept and love. When I am dead and gone, whoever I have loved is welcome to whatever I leave behind. People are the same the world over. You are so blinded that you do not want to see, you just have anger.

Let this be a warning, I have tolerated your rubbish in this thread for longer than I should have. You have nothing positive to say and are just provoking bad feeling towards yourself. We can play that game, but to be honest, I don't care.
    Time for you to search inside yourself for some sort of peace.

Ok so not all women there are the same I no some very nice filopino ladies they are my friends,
    But what i am saying is cant you see for one moment that they really want you? i no that the women i no wouldnt marrie a uk man because they are not attractied to them because there age,
    So why cant u find a women that pretty from uk?
    Because these women u are marrying only want one thing and thats your money. you ever watched hostel this it what is happening,
    So if they can find one man to sell themselfs to they be happy wont they.
    Iam not a rasit at all i like and did love the philopines But all i can see it is trouble
    All these uk and american men are being killed out there and the police dont seem to mind ,
    If u servive in philopines without being rob or killed you are very very lucky But I am telling you all now you are playing with fire Why do you have to think i am being bad or horrible Iam only telling you how it is go on youtube and watch soco news you see for yourselfs ok

You spell worse than single celled fetus, which probably also has a more realistic view of the real world than your blind alley view.

No one called you a 'rasit'

You seem to think people on here know nothing!! Ya muppet .... they've all had more cultural experiences than you've had English lessons
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    hahahahaha..funny.. it's not like only the Philippines has the worst crimes in this world..when someone is being one sided and has not had his/her facts straightened out, expect that lots would laugh at your ignorance..

yeah your dad was unlucky for everything that happened to him..but NOT ALL have the same experiences..remember DO NOT GENERALIZE..so if you are so broadminded, does it also mean all UK girls are broadminded? if one UK girl had a baby at a young age, does it mean all UK girls have babies now? if a UK girl got divorce, does it mean all UK girls are divorcee?

think about it girl..these british guys only found the love of their lives and are acting on how they feel..it's not that they don't have a choice to backout if something wrong is going on..

--- from the girl who's working in a multinational IT company and not in a bar as you think 99% of Filipinas do..
    Last edited by raynaputi; 16th March 2011 at 05:46.

Banned
    I think your so so right about alot of the things your saying northampton_gir
    These women do use the men for money.
    And thats how its always been for years .
    And so this girl cannot spell Big deal I bet she still has morals and Values,
    Think about it why would a pretty young women wanna wed an old ugly man?
    MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2 View Post
    I think your so so right about alot of the things your saying northampton_gir
    These women do use the men for money.
    And thats how its always been for years .
    And so this girl cannot spell Big deal I bet she still has morals and Values,
    Think about it why would a pretty young women wanna wed an old ugly man?
    MONEY
    Registering under another name and agreeing with your previous posts is pretty lame, and worthy of a ban .... oh, you are banned already!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    do they have the same ip add steve? sorry i'm at work and just on my mobile..

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information