Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by YorkshirePuddin View Post
    No have not been been to the Phils before. Did all my "courting" in Japan and on the net!
    So not travelled on the mountain road to Baguio.
    Hope the bus wont get hijacked....

Married in Baguio then to Boracay for honeymoon though....THEN the dreaded immigration malarkey.... you will probably see lots of posts by me when THAT time gets here.., gulp!
    I have been to Baguio a few times and as far as I know there is no problem with bandits, always felt safe there, and cool.
    We always either drive ourselves with a hire car or people carrier or hire a man+van, the buses frighten the life out of me. They are fast and we are constantly overtaken by them on the mountain roads.
    You have more chance of meeting bandits in Boracay, they are called Hoteliers or touts

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    You have more chance of meeting bandits in Boracay, they are called Hoteliers or touts

Agree!

from memory the british embassy shuts at 12 for getting your cni so get there before 12

if its not busy they will do it there and then

Sparky they've changed the rules, it's next day service now...apply then pick it up next day.

You should get your fiance to order your cenomar she will need the details from your birth certificate especialy your parents names in full she can order it now from the n.s,o. localy

get her to check for a D.S.W.D seminar that you can both attend immediatly you arive you need this certificate to apply for the liscence just did mine yesterday

Your timing is tight and you might need to look further afield for the seminar because some places have once a week depending demand

I would say its dificult to know what time is needed because you never know what your local office will come up with

if She is under 25 count on needing both parents to attend the apllication
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

can anyone confirm that this is the right map location for the embassy where I would sort my English CNI?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=...ed=0CDcQnwIwAQ
    Thanks again.

Also......if you have come across this thread because you are thinking of using the Baguio Country Club for your wedding. DONT!!!!!!
    I will be writing a detail review on tripadvisor in due course but after a string of them messing things up, lack of communication, they suddenly decided that they had "double booked" 6 weeks before the wedding was due. A big company has booked the ballroom...call me cynical but perhaps they were making more profit then my 100guest wedding...

Save yourself a lot of stress and heartache. Avoid the BCC

can anyone confirm that this is the right map location for the embassy where I would sort my English CNI?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=...ed=0CDcQnwIwAQ
    Thanks again.
    hi there yorkshirepuddin,

yes that is where the Uk embassy is. i was there in December. It is situated on a slight hill and the gates are about 20 meters from the road. the taxi driver drove straight past it first time we went! At the bottom of the hill is the Korean Embassy if you see that you gone too far. I hope this helps

Sorry to hear about the stress from the venue ,had my own problems selecting the right place here in Cebu hope to confirm on Tuesday

This one your going to have to trust your lady to sort out

This is my thread on the wedding licence see also my thread on the seminar

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ht=#post269029

Perhaps you guys could sticky it as its up to date and definitive to the actual rules
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

I am a UK resident and dont have a cenomar though I have CNI. Does that matter?!?!? I fly in a week and am worried now!

thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.

I am a UK resident and dont have a cenomar though I have CNI. Does that matter?!?!? I fly in a week and am worried now!
    You yourself do not need a CENOMAR, i got married in December and did not need one. All you need is your CNI and Birth certificate and passport. Happy trip and enjoy your special day. Don't get stressed out!

Thanks Steve for the confirmation and putting my mind at rest! phew!

Quote Originally Posted by steve monty View Post
    Happy trip and enjoy your special day. Don't get stressed out!
    Wise advice, though no matter how much I think "worrying solves nothing..." - I still worry! lol!
    Cant wait to jump on that plane next week! Yay!

Thanks Steve for the confirmation and putting my mind at rest! phew!

Wise advice, though no matter how much I think "worrying solves nothing..." - I still worry! lol!
    Cant wait to jump on that plane next week! Yay!
    I was exactly the same, always worrying! lol

Once I was out there the worrying stops, I was just happy being with mahal. everything will work out for you. make sure you get to the embassy early morning, as that will get the ball rolling for you, remember to take your tickets to baguio if you have to go early next day as they will get it ready for next day morning instead of afternoon for you. Enjoy it and go with the flow

Hi all!
    Happy to find myself here and amongst like minded friends who have been there, gonna be there or being there right now!

So....am born and bred in the UK amd engaged to a lovely sweet Filipina I met in Japan and will be marrying in Baguio, Phils. (March this year)
    Hi there! I'm from Baguio City. Baguio Country Club is a nice choice. Congratulations to your wedding. Is your Filipina girlfriend from Baguio?

You might want to read post 36
    Absit invidia

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    You might want to read post 36

My friend had her wedding reception at BCC last december and the place was nice and they are also friendly. My aunt help her book the place because she's working there. And most of the wedding coordinators here will actually ask if you like BCC or John Hay. BCC is cheaper compared to other hotels here.

I'm sorry to hear that it didn't go well with BCC. But enjoy your stay here in Baguio. My boyfriend will be arriving on April.

Quote Originally Posted by John_10 View Post
    Hi Sim11Uk So have I got this straight I will follow yourkshirepuddins list
    I will get my CNI here in the UK then when we get to the British enbassy in Manila change my CNI for the local version (CENOMAR) do you know the cost for this..
    from there to sumar present my papers and Maricris's papers to the registrar.
    Yes this is correct...You need to take your CNI to the Embassy & then pick up the Philippine version from the Embassy the next day & then off to your local Registrars, to apply for the marriage license...Can't remember the cost off hand?

cost 4666 piso
    Absit invidia

My fiancés family lives in Baguio and I look fwd to meeting them. In my own experience AVOID the bcc but can only speak as I find!

Thanks again everyone for help and well wishes. Will keep you posted and expect immigration questions to follow...

Am happy to wed mahal ko! Yay!

My fiancés family lives in Baguio and I look fwd to meeting them. In my own experience AVOID the bcc but can only speak as I find!

Thanks again everyone for help and well wishes. Will keep you posted and expect immigration questions to follow...

Am happy to wed mahal ko! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Yes this is correct...You need to take your CNI to the Embassy & then pick up the Philippine version from the Embassy the next day & then off to your local Registrars, to apply for the marriage license...Can't remember the cost off hand?
    Except with out the certification from the seminar they wont accept the application

cost is 370 piso
    Absit invidia

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Except with out the certification from the seminar they wont accept the application
    Not quite sure what you mean here Keith? But yes, we applied for the license & then sorted the seminar etc. within the 10 days, except we didn't actually have to go through with the seminar.

City hall talisay and Balamban both wanted the seminar completed and the certificate "befor" they would accept the apllication
    Absit invidia

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Not quite sure what you mean here Keith? But yes, we applied for the license & then sorted the seminar etc. within the 10 days, except we didn't actually have to go through with the seminar.
    Yes...i think some couple has avoided the seminar ;-) maybe you should consult your wedding organizers/planner or maybe get a good one:-)

We were the same, applied for the marriage license then did all the seminars in that 10 day time period. As long as all the paperwork is there when you go to get the marriage license, all will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by steve monty View Post
    We were the same, applied for the marriage license then did all the seminars in that 10 day time period. As long as all the paperwork is there when you go to get the marriage license, all will be fine.
    You have to remember though, you & me got married in the same city & used the same Registrars.
    KeithAngel tells another story & it seems they have been a lot stricter in all proceedures where he is getting married.

...A cautionary tale here folks...make sure you are aware of the requirements of the particular area you are marrying, as they vary greatly & maybe different to information given here.

Both places mentioned had a written list of requirements for the application to commence but as Sim says check in advance
    The application for licence is hung for 10 days like our "Bans" and the issuing of it says that ALL paperwork required has been submitted so there is a certain logic involved.

As Ive said earlier interpretation of the rules can be a problem here in the Phils but the minimum we can do is prepare for what is written as requirements and adapt if we get thrown a curve ball.
    Absit invidia

hello can i ask for a help for CNI application as my fiancee is a british national from northern,Ireland,UK so he will be getting his CNI in belfast... was it needed for him to have my birthcertificate and the reverends signature as we will get married civil here in philippines.......plz help....

what is innoculations?>>

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificelectric View Post
    I've always wondered about the "family planning seminar" being compulsory, sometimes I read it is not compulsory beyond a specific age limit...........
    An expat friend in his 60s was required to attend the seminar.I found it a bit insulting that he had to join the group of teenagers to discuss family planning methods but when in Rome...etc.etc
    Mind you I find it slightly insulting that Filipinos are required to pass an English language test before their visa can be processed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information