Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

brit hubby to live in phils

hello guys! miss the forum...been so busy for Xmas and baby etc... lol!
    Has anyone already living in the Philippines with their husband? if so? what is the condition of his stay?what type of visa etc... we have plan in the future to live there so we want to know what are the requirements so we will be prepared.
    Thanks guys for taking time to read and put your insight!
    Hope everyone has a great xmas and a Happy new Year ahead!!!
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Hi there.. Im here on a 13a visa which is a really a residence permit valid for 5 years..Only thing I have to do is to report to local immigration in Jan or Feb and pay 300.00 Pesos.. Best to apply in the UK via the Fil embassy..at least 6 months before leaving..I think the requirement list got easier so better contact them or check the Fil embassy website for latest requirements and info.. Anyway..Apply in the UK and finish processing in Manila (takes a day) and the Icard they issue is permanent.. If you apply here it is temporary for one year after which there is more work to do before you get a permanent card.. Other option is come over and request a Balikbayan stamp which is valid for a year after which a quick trip to Hongkong and back (both husband and wife) and then balikbayan for another year and so on.. The tourist visa route is a pain in the ass and expensive.. Cheers Fred..

THanks for the info sir!
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Hi there.. Im here on a 13a visa which is a really a residence permit valid for 5 years..Only thing I have to do is to report to local immigration in Jan or Feb and pay 300.00 Pesos.. Best to apply in the UK via the Fil embassy..at least 6 months before leaving..I think the requirement list got easier so better contact them or check the Fil embassy website for latest requirements and info.. Anyway..Apply in the UK and finish processing in Manila (takes a day) and the Icard they issue is permanent.. If you apply here it is temporary for one year after which there is more work to do before you get a permanent card.. Other option is come over and request a Balikbayan stamp which is valid for a year after which a quick trip to Hongkong and back (both husband and wife) and then balikbayan for another year and so on.. The tourist visa route is a pain in the ass and expensive.. Cheers Fred..
    Dear sir, what happen after 5 years? if me and husband still want to live in the philippines? does he need to renew it or apply for another kind of visa? thanks a lot sir!How much did you pay when you get this visa that last for 5 years?
    cheers
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

After 5 years its simply a case of renewal.. From memory it was a just over a 100 Quid for the visa. It was the medical that cost me the most as my UK doctor charged me 100 Pounds for the medical plus extra for blood tests etc..The NHS charged me 100.00 Quid for an ex ray and the Police 25 quid for police clearance which took 3 months!! Plus time off work to attend quick interview with the Embassy Consul.. He said that in his experience an applicant had never been refused!! As I said..contact the R.P embassy as I heard that some things have changed since then...You may not even need a medical now..

Thank you so much for your patience answering our questions sir cheers!
    Wondering how to give a rep?
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

AHHH Giving rep!! Inside the grey bar below your post is a black star..Click on that and the rest is easy.. Just had a quick look at the non quota visa 13a requirements and they still seem to be the same.. Oh well...Its still well worth doing IMO.. Cheers, Fred. http://philembassy-uk.org/consular_V...uirements.html Non-Quota Immigrant Visa Who are qualified to apply for the visa ? A foreign national married to a Filipino national may apply for the visa provided that he is able to prove that : * (1) he contracted a valid marriage with a Filipino citizen; * (2) the marriage is recognized under existing Philippine laws; * (3) there is no record of any derogatory information against the applicant from relevant law enforcement agencies; * (4) he/she is of good physical and mental health; and (5) he/she has sufficient funds to support his/her family. Documentary Requirements Three (3) original copies of the application form (FA Form No.3) duly accomplished and signed Three (3) original copies of the medical report form (FA Form No.11) with: * · Original and 2 photocopies of laboratory report · Chest x-ray film (11’x17’) · Certification from the General Medical Council that the Doctor who signed the medical report is duly registered to practise medicine in the United Kingdom Six (6) passport photographs (4.5cm x 3.5cm) * Original and three (3) photocopies of evidence of financial capacity (e.g. bank statements; pension benefits statement; title to properties, etc.) * Three (3) photocopies of the Philippine passport or birth certificate of Filipino spouse duly authenticated by the Philippine National Statistics Office (www.e-census.com.ph or www.census.gov.ph) * Original and three (3) photocopies of marriage certificate For applicants with prior marriage/s: Submit the original and three (3) photocopies of proof of dissolution of the prior marriage/s (e.g. death certificate, annulment order, etc.) * Original and three (3) photocopies of the birth certificate/s of unmarried minor child/ren * Original and three (3) photocopies of a “Certification of Good Moral Character” from an applicant’s employer or parish priest or any person of good standing in the community * Current passport of the applicant with at least six (6) months validity * Application fee of One Hundred Eight Pounds (GBP108.00) in Cash or Postal Money Order Applicant must schedule an appointment with the visa officer and submit the above documents. On the same day, a consul will interview the applicant and inform him/her of the decision on his/her application.

Sorry about the way the post above has been formatted..Something wrong with this old PC I think.. All the info is there somewhere though!!

What location are you moving to? there are certain "offices" that offer the 13(a) at immigration but they can't process it and I have heard people paying P40,000 for the initial processing. Cross referencing what I paid and others it seems to be around P13,000 for the probational period (1year) then around the same for second (mine is still on process so can't tell you if its cheaper or more expensive). VERY LITTLE IS DONE at immigration in the process there is no medical, no proof of bank accountants and ability to stay in the Philippines pretty much its no process at all more of a cash extraction. Don't pay fixers and I would also say the "tourist visa" have now added the ACR card to it after two months adding extra to the ongoing costs of being a tourist works out cheaper to go 13(a) long term.

After 5 years as a 13(a) you can legally apply for citizenship. Not sure of dual nationality as I haven't reached that point yet but can no doubt be done.

Matt...I looked into Dual nationality a while back.. Apart from the benefits of land ownership,I have long since forgotten about the idea!...Just not worth the hassle IMO.
    Started a thread back then..Worth a read.
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....al+nationality

Naturalization is the legal act of adopting an alien and clothing him with the privilege of a natural-born citizen. A person may be naturalized either by complying with both the substantive and procedural requirements of general naturalization law or he may be naturalized by a special act of the legislature (The 1987 Philippine Constitution A Reviewer-Primer, Joaquin G. Bernas, S.J., 3rd Edition, Page 200.)

Below are the substantive requirements of the law on naturalization and acquisition of Filipino citizenship.

1. He must be not less than twenty-one years of age on the day of the hearing of the petition;

2. He must have resided in the Philippines for a continuous period of not less than ten years;

3. He must be of good moral character and believes in the principles underlying the Philippine Constitution, and must have conducted himself in a proper and irreproachable manner during the entire period of his residence in the Philippines in his relation with the constituted government as well as with the community in which he is living.

4. He must own real estate in the Philippines worth not less than five thousand pesos, Philippine currency, or must have some known lucrative trade, profession, or lawful occupation;

5. He must be able to speak and write English or Spanish and any one of the principal Philippine languages; and

6. He must have enrolled his minor children of school age, in any of the public schools or private schools recognized by the Office of Private Education of the Philippines, where the Philippine history, government and civics are taught or prescribed as part of the school curriculum, during the entire period of the residence in the Philippines required of him prior to the hearing of his petition for naturalization as Philippine citizen.”

You must therefore satisfy all the required qualifications before you can file your petition for naturalization. You must show proof that you resided in the Philippines for at least ten years before you can file your petition for naturalization. However, the ten-year residence’ requirement may be reduced into five years if the person filing the petition is married to a Filipino citizen (Section 3 of C.A. No. 473).

Any person desiring to acquire Philippine citizenship shall file with the competent court, a petition in triplicate, signed by him in his own handwriting, accompanied by his two photographs setting forth, the following:

1. His name and surname;

2. His present and former places of residence;

3. His occupation;

4. The place and date of his birth;

5. Whether single or married and the father of children, the name, age, birthplace and residence of the wife and of each of the children;

6. The approximate date of his or her arrival in the Philippines, the name of the port of debarkation, and, if he remembers it, the name of the ship on which he came;

7. A declaration that he has the qualifications required by this Act, specifying the same, and that he is not disqualified for naturalization under the provisions of this Act; that he has complied with the requirements of Sec. five of this Act;

8. And that he will reside continuously in the Philippines from the date of the filing of the petition up to the time of his admission to Philippine citizenship (Section 7 of C.A. 473).

The petition may be filed in the proper Regional Trial Court of the province or city in which the petitioner is residing for at least one year immediately preceding the filing of the petition (Section 8 of C.A. No. 473).

http://www.manilatimes.net/national/...90206met4.html

Respected Member
    If your husband wants some assistance with the visa, I'd highly recommend he contact a friend of mine Paul Whiteway at www.cebuexpatservices.com . I'm sure a few other members here could vouch for him, he's a very genuine and honest guy, and knows the 13A visa process inside out, and helps a lot of people moving and settling in the Philippines. I know many people who have done it on their own, and had no problems, but if you husband wants a bit of help, this is the guy to call.

Guys,do it in the Philippines.No health check,no police check.Just go to your nearest immigration office,plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Guys,do it in the Philippines.No health check,no police check.Just go to your nearest immigration office,plain and simple.
    jonjon... Nothing is plain and simple in a P.I Government office!!
    Not saying that your advice is not correct but you did forget to mention that the I card issued will only be temporary for one year.. If the applicant is living in Manila then its perhaps worth while doing it all here..If living further away however then you also need to think about travel too Intramuros and hotel bills etc a year on..
    Personally..Im glad I sorted mine out in the UK...All done and dusted and all permanent in one hit..
    Just my view!!
    Cheers,
    Fred.

i remember my neighbor back in phils she is married to an italian national who holds a residence visa in phils...what she told me is it took them 4 months to process and paid 10 thousand to 14 thousand pesos.

if u want to make it fast..like under the table u be needing 40 thousand

under the table grace what like holding hands with your boyfriend /girlfriend do you mean

Thread Information