Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Obstacles,hurdles or plain sailing?

I have a mate,known her for years,she is currently here in the UK on her 3'rd tourist visa,she comes here,stays with her boyfriend for 4-6 months then goes back to pinas,she is a member of this forum though hasnt posted for a while,but her applications for the visas always go through without a hitch,she is from a normal family,normal sized house in a manila sub-division,her dad works in Saudi but the family are comfortable though certainly not loaded.
    There are other forum members married to pinays who seem to hit hurdles when attempting to bring their wives to the UK,obstacles and snags dog their every step.
    Whats the easiest anyones ever had a visa?What makes it harder for others?What to avoid on the path?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Tawi2.... I will be very interested in this thread!

My fiancee was refused a tourist visa last July.
    I am currently getting documents together again to apply for Fiancee Visa end of January!

Great idea for a thread..... Thanks

Accepted application for visa after 3 days. Apparently.

Hmm ... I imagine [having] money "talks"!

My friend hasnt greased any palms arthur,straightforward tourist visa application,this is her third,she has never encountered a problem yet and her applications have always been trouble free.
    I was just wondering Alan what seperates the have's from the have nots,how some get tourist and spouse visas easily whereas others face brick walls or hurdles or seem to jump through hoops at the whims of the greater powers that issue the visas,I have read through old threads and some people have terrible experiences.Tourist or spouse,anyone have it really hard?Real easy?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

depends on what you call hard and easy,i think ours was easy compared to others but its still worrying have you done the right thing and filled in the right form too,

luck tawi2 in getting a tourist visa, some people had more good evidence and got refused, wihile some people withh lesser evidence got the visa, its a bit of a lottery, mainly most will fail on that the ECO doesn't think they will return to the phils b4 their visa expires

whats good for your friend is shes been to the UK b4 and i take it shes not over stayed, so it makes it easier for her next time, as she has a positive immigration history, bit like when you apply for credit, its more difficult if you no credit history which can be checked, but just becuase she has has 3 visit visas it doesnt mean she will get a 4th or 5th, she could be called for an interview and asked about her visits, having a b/f in the uk can be a negative thing to mention because that could be used as a reason for refusal becuase its a reason for her not to go back
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

not many face brick walls, if you follow the guide lines and send what your asked, i'd say 95%+ dont have a problem getting a fiancee or spouse visa...

many which were refused used over drawn bankstatements, no savings, didn't prepare the app correctly, had problems with 'sole responsibilty' etc
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

not many face brick walls, if you follow the guide lines and send what your asked, i'd say 95%+ dont have a problem getting a fiancee or spouse visa
    If ever I need to do it I will hire you as my consultant

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    My friend hasnt greased any palms arthur,straightforward tourist visa application,this is her third,she has never encountered a problem yet and her applications have always been trouble free.
    I'm not implying any palms were greased. What I am saying, though, is that if an applicant can prove he/she holds down a good, secure job which - by Phils' standards - pays well ... then this is often enough to convince an Entry Clearance Officer that the person has sufficient incentive to return home within the timeframe permitted by a UK Tourist Visa. Similarly ... if the applicant happens to own land or property and/or is from a wealthy family (and there are some very rich people in the Pinas, truth be told!) ... then I believe such factors also have a significant bearing on the outcome.

I think I know which member you are talking about? & yes she does seem to sail through the visa process as though it's just a formality & a sure thing.
    Why some fail on the tourist visa, when it's obvious they have ticked all the boxes, is a mystery?

...Maybe she could & should enlighten us?

The granting of a tourist visa can be problematic for many reasons.
    Not least because approval or refusal of General Visitor (tourist) visa applications is
    totally based on discretion of the ECO

Any refusal letter should give the reasons why the ECO has refused application.
    Unfortunately, appeals against refusal are normally only allowed when the applicant is visiting a close family member.

Some of the main reasons for UK tourist visa refusal are:-

Incorrect or Incomplete application without adequate supporting documents.
    Carefully review ALL application requirements and FULLY comply
    Insufficient finances or proof of funds to support applicant during the visit.
    Be sure that adequate disposable funds are available for the full duration of the visit within UK
    Incapacity of the sponsor to maintain the applicant’s stay in the UK.
    Any sponsor should have the means at their disposal to support the visitor.
    This needs to be demonstrated by bank statements, payment slips, mortgage/tenancy agreement/title deed.
    It should be noted that financial support does not guarantee a visa. This only serves to meet mandatory requirements.

Inadequate Accommodation
    Be sure that adequate accommodation is secured. If at the sponsors accommodation make sure there is no overcrowdingand that the sponsor has any needed permissions.
    The applicant does not have strong enough social and economic ties to home country to prove their intention of returning home.
    Applicant ties to home country can be employment, assets and properties, family, business and savings account.
    Important supporting evidence would include a letter from the employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period.
    Such a letter should also say how long you have been employed by them, in what capacity, and when you are expected back at work.

Anything that casts doubt in the mind of the ECO on your claimed intentions that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor.
    Focus on presenting information only on the things that really meet requirements. Don't offer too much information.

Discovering submission of false information

Applicants who have previously breached the UK's immigration laws

There have been cases for Visitor Visa refusal that could be termed as completely ludicrous:-

I recall one forum member recently being refused because they had not previously undertaken any foreign travel before and the ECO did not see any compelling reason.
    Everyone has to have a first time, right?
    I just don't know how to avoid this refusal.

Another refusal was made because the applicant had previously visited UK for 6 months and made an second application within 9 months of returning home.

Applicants who had previously stayed longer than originally declared.

There is a documented case where the applicant wanted to visit a sister in UK who had not been seen for years.
    The visa was refused because the applicant was deemed to not be close enough because they "had not seen the sister for some time"

Having "little or no idea what you plan to see or do".
    Having no background information on the UK

good post terpe
    it seems pretty random if you or anyone would be granted a tourist visa unless it was for a family member even then you probably face refusal still for the classic "On the balance of probability, i am therefore not satisfied that you plan to ... that she intends to return back to home country before her visa expires"

I think it can be a case of simply finding the right way to deal with officialdom.

I do think it also helps if they have family that have travelled abroad and complied with the requirements help.

But as Joe mentions its a constant tightrope walk as a single wrong word or statement or at least the way the ECO understands it could mean the house of cards collapses.

Friends of the Wifes some have all the luck and yet seem to take little notice of the do's and don'ts so very very hard to figure out why

It could be like Sportspeople find and people in pressurised situations where they dont have time to think or worry they somehow mange to perform above and beyond what they can when they have time to think about it.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    Tawi2,

My wife got her spouse visa in very quick time and her family is not rich.
    Seems like the husband should have enough money and good living arrangements too.
    Evidence of relationship and a couple of visits by the boyfriend/fiance/husband to Phils helps.
    Oh, and no lies to any questions too

Just my thoughts.

My ex wife wanted a visitors visa to come to Australia,which I felt strange she did not want a spouse visa.later I found out she was already married to a Filipino seaman.however her tourist visa was refused,reasons were given was emigration felts she owned no land in the Phills.had no funds in the Phills,and no job,and they felt see would not stay with me and move on to someone else,also 12 months before she was refused a visa,to another Australian she had never meet,thank god they do a good job most of the time,5 months after my last visit to her she had a baby haha to her Filipino husband,

Trusted Member
    Well, I was never one rely on others for help, or to name-drop, but as my spouse visa interview was probably the most important of my life...I mentioned that my brother was the ECO's boss.

Needless to say, he did go and check (diplomatic list), and things seemed a lot friendlier from that point on.

yes having money,, but how much would be the expected amount to prove she can support and accomodate herself for 6 months here in uk ?

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    yes having money,, but how much would be the expected amount to prove she can support and accomodate herself for 6 months here in uk ?
    As a fiancee or tourist?

as a tourist , iv not met her in person yet, so dont think we would be granted a fiancee visa ,

looks much more simple as a tourest , general visitor,

i plan to travel back to phil with her to live and marry there in philipines after her visit

as a tourist its important you have funds or an income

as a spouse it doesnt matter if you have money or not but it does matter a lot that your sponsor does

thats wat i was told when i did my fiance visa for my Thai ex

beware many tourist visa's are refused, main reason they could not convince the ECO that they will reyrn b4 their visa expires..

probably better you go and meet her in the phils...

thanks sparky, and joebloggs ,
    why is so difficult we got a nation of muslims , many who are not and will not intergrate, they are not europen , yet it seems they dont have these difficultys and obsticles, please note its an obsevation , not a racist remark,

Banned
    In answer to Tawi's question. My view is, being able to show you are stable ie: healthy bank balance, show you have constant funds, you have a place suitable to live for both yourself and the visa applicant to live. A good cover letter is a must, mainly to reassure them. Just to iron out anything that looks 'grey' from the general questions etc asked on the application. Put yourself in the CFO position. They are only doing a job Just like us. Its in The Philippines interest to approve, its been said before how much the country rely on money being sent home, they want your relationship to work out! You got to show beyond doubt that you are able to do what you are claiming. Just my opinion.

some interesting reading here cheers

Thread Information