Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Scared of heights?

I wonder if they'll get a visit from health & safety inspectors

MALAGA - SPAIN

Walking the plank

MOUNT HUASHAN - CHINA

i heard the building trade had been hit harder than the UK in Spain , but thats a

i'm scared of anything above 6ft
    thou my misses is fearless, no probs her going up 30ft to clear the gutters in her flip flops
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I'm scared of anything higher than the 3rd step on a stepladder.

I am not scared of heights,did both my ankles,damaged my knee and my collar-bone in a bit of a height related accident once,the only problem with cliffs is standing on the edge theres a feeling as if you want to jump and fly/glide,anyone else ever get that feeling?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Never got that close to a cliff edge and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    .......the only problem with cliffs is standing on the edge theres a feeling as if you want to jump and fly/glide,anyone else ever get that feeling?
    Me too. I'm really not comfortable with heights. I don't feel like actually jumping, but I always imagine myself doing so, in slow motion.
    Must be some deep hidden meaning.

If I even watch a film with heights my testicals retract into my body with fear
    Let alone get near the edge of anything high up.

Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    ........my testicals retract into my body with fear
    Couple of lumps in the throat then Mick

Respected Member
    In my younger days I've flown Microlights, took flying lessons in Cessna's, even jumped out of a few planes from 12000 feet, driven supercars on and off the track at very high speeds and climbed a few mountains in India with footpaths like the ones on your video's. Nothing used to scare me, but since I've had kids I've calmed down and the most dangerous thing I do now is dating Filipina's

Despite my surname, I'm 6ft tall ... yet admit to being scared of heights!

... anyone else ever get that feeling?
    ... yes ... often!

It's the "pull" of gravity ... or so I'm led to believe!

the most dangerous thing I do now is dating Filipina's

why is that so Englishman???? i believe the feelings is ecstatic, flying high to nowhere

Yes I think most get that urge of wanting to jump?...I haven't done it though, as I'm writing this.

I haven't done it though, as I'm writing this.
    You could be BASE-11UK

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

You could be BASE-11UK

the highest i have been is sears tower in toronto with a glass floor that was strange, love to go to the grand canyon with the glass walkway one day that would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    the highest i have been is sears tower in toronto with a glass floor that was strange..................
    Waaahhh!, I remember that
    Even though I knew it was safe, and everyone else was walking on it, I really felt very uncomfortable. Took me ages to actually get on it

we did the walk across the metal frams like tightrope walking so funny and when we looked round loads more was doing it

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    the highest i have been is sears tower in toronto with a glass floor that was strange, love to go to the grand canyon with the glass walkway one day that would be fun
    I saw a TV programme about how they made the glass platform over the canyon, it looks awesome, I'd love to go there too. I was lucky enough to go up to the top of the WTC in 1992, I didn't really think anything of it at the time, but after 9/11 I found myself looking at my photo's of the Manhattan skyline and realising how much it had dominated the skyline.

I'm sure there is a walkway of some sorts at Taipai 101 which I believe is currently the worlds tallest building, until the Burj Tower in Dubai is completed (I'm sure someone will correct me if my facts are wrong). Flying into Dubai, the Burj Tower construction site is very impressive, it stands about twice as tall as anything else in the city. I wonder how long it will take until someone base jumps off the top of the Burj

my son was up there in his uncles office a few days before they came down so so sad amazing places they were standing out on top just watching the world go by,

I stood near here on a previous visit... around 5000ft to the Colorado at the bottom!!! When I was there it was winter and I was standing on snow at the edge .... no railings ....

I thought this was funny.... talk about forcing the kid to go first

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I stood near here on a previous visit... around 5000ft to the Colorado at the bottom!!! When I was there it was winter and I was standing on snow at the edge .... no railings ....

I thought this was funny.... talk about forcing the kid to go first
    i wouldn't go , i dont trust the misses, she could say i slipped
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I wonder how long it will take until someone base jumps off the top of the Burj
    Already been done

Already been done
    is she wearing any pants i have tried to zoom in but have to switch over to another page everytime emma walks past , so i have gave up

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I saw a TV programme about how they made the glass platform over the canyon, it looks awesome, I'd love to go there too. I was lucky enough to go up to the top of the WTC in 1992, I didn't really think anything of it at the time, but after 9/11 I found myself looking at my photo's of the Manhattan skyline and realising how much it had dominated the skyline.

I'm sure there is a walkway of some sorts at Taipai 101 which I believe is currently the worlds tallest building, until the Burj Tower in Dubai is completed (I'm sure someone will correct me if my facts are wrong). Flying into Dubai, the Burj Tower construction site is very impressive, it stands about twice as tall as anything else in the city. I wonder how long it will take until someone base jumps off the top of the Burj
    I saw that programme too about the Grand Canyon walkway too. Was on Discovery about a year ago I think.

As for Base Jumping, saw this documentary about one of the best base jumpers in the world on YouTube not long ago. He's jumped off the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio amongst others. I'd imagine he's planning on doing the Burj at some point. I'll try and find it.

is she wearing any pants
    Festive red thong

Basejumper, Jeb Corliss' documentary. It's in 5 parts. For the other parts click the links at the bottom of this post. It's well worth watching.

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNvTt...eature=related

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXcbd...eature=related

Part 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2360p...eature=related

Part 5 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4_7I...eature=related

This is the master climber, Dan Osman, rock climbing at speed without any ropes. Watch what he does at 1:10

Unfortunately Dan was killed in a base jump around 1998. R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information