Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vandals

Angry Vandals

Vandals broke into a local substation and vandalized the equipment, resulting a power cut/surge. 5am Thursday I heard a bang and thought the wife had let the toilet seat drop.. then I reached over she was still in bed. then another bang..thought burglars, ran down stairs with my bat shouting... right dick heads your goner get it... no body there..then switched the lights on, they went pop. could smell burning, ran upstairs my PC on fire put that out some more bangs ran down stairs knocked the fuse switch to off. thought **** need to check all me leckie get a sparky in. then wife noticed street lights not on. All my appliances apart from TV got sizzled. So no heating, no cooker, no fridge, toaster, micro oven etc. all due to some pricks. Great Xmas i'll have. over 400 family's have been zapped.

thats bad to hear, lets hope they get it fixed asap!!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    It's a shame none of the scumbags got fried when they damaged the substation. I'm always bouyed to hear of joyriders writing themselves off, grafitti artists getting mown down by trains etc. Hopefully the substation will win next time.

Respected Member
    Hope you get your power back on soon. Has a loss of power affected the ignition and power to your central heating boiler?

That sounds really bad.
    I really hope you get back into good shape very soon.
    Also hope the insurance company steps up to the mark

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    Hope you get your power back on soon. Has a loss of power affected the ignition and power to your central heating boiler?
    Yeah its blown the Electrics of the boiler, needs repairing. Northwest electric reps say they will send someone out to repair in the next 48 hours, but I'm not holding my breath.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    Yeah its blown the Electrics of the boiler, needs repairing. Northwest electric reps say they will send someone out to repair in the next 48 hours, but I'm not holding my breath.
    That's just what you need during a cold snap just before Xmas. Hope you're sorted soon

....my PC on fire put that out some more bangs ran down stairs knocked the fuse switch to off. thought **** need to check all me leckie get a sparky in. then wife noticed street lights not on. All my appliances apart from TV got sizzled. So no heating, no cooker, no fridge, toaster, micro oven etc. all due to some pricks...

I know I'm stating the obvious but is it worth replacing the fuses in the appliances? They 'might' still work...

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post

I know I'm stating the obvious but is it worth replacing the fuses in the appliances? They 'might' still work...
    First thing i did Nigel, they are all still in-tack and replaced some but the surge cooked the delicate electrons, still the telly works, and the power is back on, this is the wife's PC BTW. I looked at the plugs and the ones that got cooked where made in China.

Copper-cable thieves Jim?One of the local kids in Pinas was locked up last month,cops came to his house and detained him overnight for scribbling his name on a wall,we should adopt the same sort of practices here.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Copper-cable thieves Jim?One of the local kids in Pinas was locked up last month,cops came to his house and detained him overnight for scribbling his name on a wall,we should adopt the same sort of practices here.
    They should indeed, some of the other residents houses caught fire, lucky I'm a light sleeper and I woke up with the banging, or i might not be here now.

I have my PC's and main applainces on surge plugs/sockets.

So who pays for the replacements, the electric company or your own insurance?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Vandals broke into a local substation and vandalized the equipment
    ... Bloody toerags!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Also hope the insurance company steps up to the mark
    I'm sure they will! I mean ... ... they can hardly use the standard excuse Insurers tend to trot out about what's happened being an "Act of God"!

but I'm not holding my breath.
    Nooo ... don't ... it'll freeze!

S**tbags!

Just trying to lighten things up a bit, Jim ... here's hoping your electricity supply is fixed very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    It's a shame none of the scumbags got fried
    "Fried vandals?" Never heard of them before ... where were they cooked up from?

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    S**tbags!
    Well ... ... 'teabags' ain't much use to him at the moment!

Respected Member
    Absolutely unbelievable what the country is coming to. I really hope that everything gets sorted out soon, and you still have a good christmas despite it all.
    A few years back, I went to catch a 6am train from Doncaster to Manchester Airport, to be told that someone had stolen the copper wiring for the signals on the route so was put in a taxi and sent onwards to Sheffield to try and catch the train there. Is there that much money in the copper that its worth risking life over?

What a bummer but the good news is your electric bill will be cheaper this month

Respected Member
    Do we have any electricians on here? Just wondering whether a different type of circuit breaker or surge protectors would have prevented the extent of the damage?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Absolutely unbelievable what the country is coming to. I really hope that everything gets sorted out soon, and you still have a good christmas despite it all.
    A few years back, I went to catch a 6am train from Doncaster to Manchester Airport, to be told that someone had stolen the copper wiring for the signals on the route so was put in a taxi and sent onwards to Sheffield to try and catch the train there. Is there that much money in the copper that its worth risking life over?
    Diddycoys are stealing metal often round here, whole streets of BT copper, railway signal cable, manhole covers. The latest seems to be hot water tanks, wiring and pipes from empty houses being renovated etc. Scum of the earth, but of course as a recognised minority they are treated with kid gloves by the courts. Crushing their caravans, 4 x 4's and transits should be the order of the day.

Diddycoys
    A polite term,I always call them pikeys or "Do-as-you-like'ys".

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Up-date, got my central heating back on this morning, two guys from a heating company turn up, and sorted my boiler out.

Insurance said they will replace, or repair any damaged appliances.
    But my premiums will go up next year.

Banned
    A polite term,I always call them pikeys or "Do-as-you-like'ys".
    I normally do often preceded with the word Thieving and followed with the word B@stard but I have to watch my P's and Q's so as not to offend the few politically correct who frequent this forum - they might be happier to see them referred to as Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers

I call them "gypos" Come to think about it there's a camp about two miles away.

Not only a problem with the rubbish people who steal the metal, but the scrap dealers are just as bent, as they never ask questions as to where the metal came from. They are supposed to log in all people who they deal with, and they should take a copy of their identification, like driving licence before they leave. None do, and so the cycle continues. We even have stuff stolen from our factory yard, and it turns up 400 yards down the road at the scrapy the next morning.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Not all copper thieves escape unscathed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not all copper thieves escape unscathed
    Saves on cremations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information