Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Ive been threatened and ripped off by majestic college and STA graydon.. i need help!

hi,
    im a former student of majestic, by the time they hve thier licence suspended i didnt go to class and stop paying them anymore. its just fair right? now they kicked me out. They sent me a letter saying im not connected to them anymore and i still have to pay my remaining £2100 balance.. is that right? they even contact my carehome and i was out of the job. And they are not done with me, they use a debt collection company which is STA graydon to collect from me, but now its £4,811!! that is a big scam and rip off right? STA graydon also demanded me to pay it in 14 days or else they use legal action and court may require me to pay the full £4,811 plus interest, court fees and other legal cost..

does anyone have the same experience or can advise me what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    hi,
    im a former student of majestic, by the time they hve thier licence suspended i didnt go to class and stop paying them anymore. its just fair right? now they kicked me out. They sent me a letter saying im not connected to them anymore and i still have to pay my remaining £2100 balance.. is that right? they even contact my carehome and i was out of the job. And they are not done with me, they use a debt collection company which is STA graydon to collect from me, but now its £4,811!! that is a big scam and rip off right? STA graydon also demanded me to pay it in 14 days or else they use legal action and court may require me to pay the full £4,811 plus interest, court fees and other legal cost..

does anyone have the same experience or can advise me what to do?
    hi.i'm a former student as well. ..i believe, the college won't do all that (suspensions, pay them with the remaining school fees etc) if you stick to the college even if they are suspended at the time. i heard same stories before and the best thing to do after was to talk to the college and make agreements regarding the matter. they are so confident about all the debt things because ukba has the record of students who don't attend classes, and you may feel like you are being "black-mailed". i feel for you. ..i hope you can carry on with finding another job and find the best solution with your current situation..

you think you were ripped off? how many hours a week did you spend in 'class' and how many hours were you 'working' ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

ukba has the record of students who don't attend classes
    The amount of prospective bogus students I have met in the last few months small wonder legitimate students have to jump through hoops

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    The amount of prospective bogus students I have met in the last few months small wonder legitimate students have to jump through hoops
    and according to them, well at least, same as where i was working before, they do visit carehomes and stuff just to make sure. ..

Easiest way to do it is to shut down the bogus college's,theres loads of them,several years ago I saw one in Hounslow,as soon as I spotted it I thought it quite odd that a prestigious place of learning should be located above a carpet shop Lots and lots of bogus pinay students in this country,I have met a number of them,and loads more in Pinas wanting to come,you can spot them a mile off,they dont talk about their courses but about the work they intend to do.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Easiest way to do it is to shut down the bogus college's,theres loads of them,several years ago I saw one in Hounslow,as soon as I spotted it I thought it quite odd that a prestigious place of learning should be located above a carpet shop Lots and lots of bogus pinay students in this country,I have met a number of them,and loads more in Pinas wanting to come,you can spot them a mile off,they dont talk about their courses but about the work they intend to do.
    oh yes. pretty much it really is the past and current situation, hopefully, dear God, it will end soon.. .

thing is, they do suspend schools, but later on, suspension were lifted and bogus businesses, they do carry on. ..

oh well. glad i'm home now, and i chose to go home.

I saw one recruitment consultant Banner last week or the week before in Gensan offering a UK student visa "In 2 weeks" and "Be in the UK in 8 weeks" and spoke to a "Student" who told me he was going to work in a pizza restaurant in the UK (He actually told me he was going to be the "Manager").

I saw one recruitment consultant Banner last week or the week before in Gensan offering a UK student visa "In 2 weeks" and "Be in the UK in 8 weeks" and spoke to a "Student" who told me he was going to work in a pizza restaurant in the UK (He actually told me he was going to be the "Manager").
    oh my my my my

were you be able to ask the "student'' if the "student/job offer" was a ripped off?

oh dear.what can i say.. .i'm sure that "student" is well looking forward to it.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...nsorseducation

your right tawi2, 70 pages and say an average of 30 on a page = 2,100

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

So many Colleges and as you stay you read the website or their promotional leaflets and you would think its one of the major Unis in London. When the college is smaller than the typical college staffroom.

Been Helping a friend of the Wifes with her renewal Documentation for a student visa tier 4 and the biggest issue seemed to be ensuring the person had some money in an account or at least their parents/gurdians back home did which was there from a month earlier there the application.

I would hand on heart and say she is a good student studying for and passing her course. But can say I also know of Associates from Phill who have come over and have for one reason or another not really studied just earned as much as they can.

From what I can tell some students seem to get assitance with their course

Other Students seem to jump from one course to another the Wife has known several non Phill South eastern asians who she worked with in her early jobs who were on visas which seemed to mean they spend years in the UK..

As for shutting down the colleges soon as they shut the lanugage schools and colleges down they reopen..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

andy there is one not far from me, its not above a chippy, but in a large office block, thou it looks like they have only a few rooms, but the pic they have used for the college is of the whole 20+ floor office block

about 10 pcs and at most a couple of 'lecturer' rooms with 20-30 seats and my misses has more books than their library

i wonder how many students they have

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    andy there is one not far from me, its not above a chippy, but in a large office block, thou it looks like they have only a few rooms, but the pic they have used for the college is of the whole 20+ floor office block

about 10 pcs and at most a couple of 'lecturer' rooms with 20-30 seats and my misses has more books than their library

i wonder how many students they have
    Tens possibly, Hundreds of them in London all with names which make them sound like they should be very important.

For those looking to study in the UK. From what I have seen do lots of research ask the right questions and google/bing is your friend.

Ask on here there will be someone who lives nearby and can probably give you an idea if the advert is like what is actually there..

It would be best to see the CAB who can look into your situation and possibly speak/write to the other parties on your behalf.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hiya teddybear! we are facing the same problem. I am a former student of majestic as well who transferred to another college when they were suspended. I just received that letter from STA graydon the other day asking me to pay that very same amount as well. Contact me here at my yahoo email asap siennaritchie@yahoo.co.uk asap as i don't know what to do too, sigh..

Thread Information