Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The cost of marrying a filipina

Sitting here happily married and now living in Manila i was just reading some old threads on the cost of marrying a filipina I decided to look through the costs of our wedding. this changed to working out the costs from my first visit here 20 months ago,to the 13 or 14 times i came to visit her through to the wedding and honeymoon.

After a few mins and realising what i had spent over this time i was a little stunned so decided to work on a list of ways she could repay me i was dong well on the jobs list until she looked over the sofa and smiled at me.

At this point i realised that if she billed me for the pleasure ooops i mean happiness she gave me I would be owing a small fortune.

The amazing thing is IF 20 months ago id known what i would have spent over this time i maybe would not have taken the same course of events over this period.

So i guess what im trying to say is theres nothing in life that comes close to being in love and feeling loved by a filipina. Just priceless!!! A Big THANK YOU TO MY WIFE MARIBETH LOVE you more each day

Trusted Member
    Personally speaking...if it's the wrong one...about £150,000.

what a nice read there tomboo indeed we all can say it cost this and that and if only, well you have answered for many of us on here, rather be happy and as we are then maybe a little richer and alone, i know people that are not short of cash but what a life they have , cheating on each other because they are not happy well i am happy and yes could do with a little more cash but for what?? i have all i need

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    well that made me graham as i thought how much i'd 'given' to me misses even b4 i met her after 10 yrs i hate to think of the figure, but i've gone from having a nice nest egg in the bank to owing the bank money

well it's paying off now, she earns alot more than me, i've just got to find those remit receipts from years ago
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Hasn't stopped me looking for another one though. This is worse than drugs.

Hasn't stopped me looking for another one though. This is worse than drugs.
    well no filipina can marry me for my money

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Me too !!!

me three a up i am married

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    well no filipina can marry me for my money

Thats what I told my mahal from the start, and she still loves me. I don't need material wealth, I have all the richness I need just by being loved by my beautiful girl.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

hey theres hope for me then being broke and welsh

Quote Originally Posted by shrek48 View Post
    hey theres hope for me then being broke and welsh
    now you are taking the ash

well steve i was doing ok, and now

Banned
    The costs dont stop at the wedding. Your wife will want to help back home, rightly so. Where the westerner wife would normally put her money in the family pool here, that is unlikely to happen with your Filipina wife, of course she will want to help her family who brought her into this world, rightly so!. Holidays too, where the the western set up is say 2 weeks on the costa's, we are looking at 3 weeks min in the Philippines each year, rightly so! So, on reflection, the costs of the wedding and the travel before is small fry compared to whats going to be paid out. Having said all that. I would not change my Mrs for all the Euro million jackpots in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by tomboo View Post
    So i guess what im trying to say is theres nothing in life that comes close to being in love and feeling loved by a filipina. Just priceless!!! A Big THANK YOU TO MY WIFE MARIBETH LOVE you more each day
    HEAR, hear, Tom ... ... and fully concur with others' heartwarming responses too!! All the best to you and Maribeth!

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    The costs dont stop at the wedding. Your wife will want to help back home, rightly so. Where the westerner wife would normally put her money in the family pool here, that is unlikely to happen with your Filipina wife, of course she will want to help her family who brought her into this world, rightly so!. Holidays too, where the the western set up is say 2 weeks on the costa's, we are looking at 3 weeks min in the Philippines each year, rightly so! So, on reflection, the costs of the wedding and the travel before is small fry compared to whats going to be paid out. Having said all that. I would not change my Mrs for all the Euro million jackpots in the world.
    So so true the costs dont stop once married or even once the wife has a British Passport.
    Compared to two British born people marrying it seems.

Phone calls, emegency money, Trips to Phill, Phill foods, sending boxes home, heating, Driving lessons and test/s, possible further education possibly, dreading the unexpected phone call ,sms, facebook message, im, email informing us of a situation back in da phills.. If there are dependents (little siblings, older family members etc) needing to stay in contact daily to ensure all is well. Plus the possibilty at any moment the Phill partner will be hit by devasting homesickness which can be sudden and very painful
    Not always actual costs in the pocket but they normally hit you there

Like Gwapito wouldn't swap the situation for all the Tea in Tesco
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    I agree, somebody. Jane been here a year and still, at times she is crushed with home sickness. It was not my intention to spoil the flavour of this thread but, when those rose tinted glasses come off, well...Anyway Somebody We dont mention driving lessons in our house! Not a good idea.

I agree, somebody. Jane been here a year and still, at times she is crushed with home sickness. It was not my intention to spoil the flavour of this thread but, when those rose tinted glasses come off, well...Anyway Somebody We dont mention driving lessons in our house! Not a good idea.
    I dont think it would ever go and in its own can be a costly part of a marriage for alsorts of reasons. Even if its just the Phone Bill and paying for the little comforts which remnd of home like foods and pocket books at crazy imported prices...

Haha Driving lessons ok say no more
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Trusted Member
    My ex still hasn't passed her driving test after 15 years of trying, but she does have a British degree in nursing now.

Banned
    Yes Somebody I dont think it will ever go. The wife had her first experience of proper English food last Christmas and not to my surprise, she did not like. Not a problem, i prefer Phil food anyway. All our meals are all rice based. I was not keen to start with but, when we changed to Pandan rice its much better. We got a good Thai food store close by. Also , Jane gets her daily fix of 'eat bulaga' and 'korean novel' She managed to find a site where it downloaded for free. Phone calls, she has a number to call first then the Phil number at a cost of 8p per min from our land line. We also got Mother Mary in various forms over the house so, we have got ourselves a mini Philippines! i know what you are saying Graham, say no more on that otherwise i will be getting the wrong side of Jane's tongue

"Rightly so" is an interesting mantra gwap but with the exception of real medical emergencies and recognising the "family" would like early retirement as would I it aint going to happen any time soon , from what you say though you are a Pinoy families dream well done
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    Kind words Keith but, I would not go as far as saying that dream stuff! Im not the easiest to get along with. I tend to say it as it is, not always wise. Having said that Jane has 'attitude' as well so we never go to bed with things playing on our minds. As for retirement, out of the question. We got a planed baby on the way and like you said, everything is on going.

Trusted Member
    Retirement ?

You're only a kid !

By the look of it I'll have to work til death.

Banned
    Graham You said 'working til death' Nothing wrong with that Graham, thats the way I want to go. Even the good book frowned on idle hands.

To Hell with the money, if you want happiness, find yourself a Filipina...but find the right one.

All my money has been spent, but worth every penny/peso.

SO TRUE...HAHAHA

Banned
    Money comes and goes, you just can't put a price on love.
    Filipinas (maybe I have been lucky) have this in abundance, and the wonderful mentality of "just saving money, dear. I know how hard it is to get"
    Mindyou, I have noticed the "sexy shoes" in the house seem to be multiplying.........

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    ......the wonderful mentality of "just saving money, dear. I know how hard it is to get"
    This is a new and alien concept for my wife. However, some progress is being made
    with her education. She's quite adaptable.
    And as time moves on she'll need to be

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    This is a new and alien concept for my wife. However, some progress is being made
    with her education. She's quite adaptable.
    And as time moves on she'll need to be
    I hope your wife will embrace the concept of teamwork, Terpe.
    It will add quality to life

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    To Hell with the money, if you want happiness, find yourself a Filipina...but find the right one.

All my money has been spent, but worth every penny/peso.
    Forgive me if I don't know your full situation Sim11UK, but make sure you save a "little" bit for tiny feet that may arrive one day

the shoes yes, seems every week they multiply and the pages on the computer seems to be shoes and more shoes too

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    I hope your wife will embrace the concept of teamwork, Terpe.
    It will add quality to life
    She actually has too broad a concept of teamwork.
    I need to help her to trim down the team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information