Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Wikileaks grub Assange arrested in London

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11937110

Some good news I hope he's deported quickly to avoid soiling our prisons.

It seems he has an insurance policy in the form of hundreds of pages of encrypted data that is password protected.. Looks like he has been saving the best till last but we may never know if he is released without charge...That depends on who and what the data relates too I guess..I reckon there might well be a few other grubs hiding there in these encrypted docs that are absolutely shitting themselves about now.. I wonder who?
    Just watching CNN..They reckon the CIA have super computers trying to decrypt these files with trillions of different configurations and options.

Respected Member
    I don't paricularly agree with him publishing top secret information, but the rape allegations in Sweden are quite clearly a stitch up. I'd have thought the US could have been a bit more original, like making it look like he was out walking his dog in the park when he accidentally tripped and hung himself from a noose that just happened to be hanging from a tree

I think its quite amusing watching these politicians trying to squirm out of slagging down their various foreign counterparts and I think so much more of prince Andrew since his comments on the Yanks and the French were published!!
    Great stuff!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I think its quite amusing watching these politicians trying to squirm out of slagging down their various foreign counterparts and I think so much more of prince Andrew since his comments on the Yanks and the French were published!!
    Great stuff!
    It's interesting to see proof that US civil servants do actually regard the rest of the world with the contempt that we all thought they did. Some of the top secret files shouldn't have been published, but most of it is harmless and nicely embarrassing for America

dedworth i can't believe your supporting politians
    all this is out in the open .. people have a right to know what they've been up to
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    dedworth i can't believe your supporting politians
    all this is out in the open .. people have a right to know what they've been up to
    With me Joe it's a need to know basis, there should be if it can be achieved absolute secrecy on certain matters concerning state security, safety of our armed forces etc. This vile, publicity seeking, limp wristed Australian has put / is putting British lives at risk and I hope some well meaning Warder in Wandsworth hands him a decent length of rope (Manila of course) with clear, concise instructions on what to do with it.

ever thought how he got hold of it, state security isnt what it use to be.

those charges are nonsense.

i think your find that goverments are putting there own troops at risk by fighting a war that they cant win!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

This type of thing is always gonna happen from time to time until the techs design a proper system that is fool proof.. If they were smart they would give this guy a job to help them sort out their security mess just as many large organisations have in the past..Either that or stick to the old fashioned diplomat attaché cases..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    This type of thing is always gonna happen from time to time until the techs design a proper system that is fool proof.. If they were smart they would give this guy a job to help them sort out their security mess just as many large organisations have in the past..Either that or stick to the old fashioned diplomat attaché cases..
    Already exists, there are totally secure email systems available where even the hosts of your data cannot decrypt your files if you lose your password. The security offered is intrinsically related to the complexity of your password, any password that can be hacked with a dictionary attack or simple variants of a dictionary attack (don't imagine that adding numbers instead of letters offers you any real added security) is too poor to be used in government or the diplomatic services and if they are too thick to remember a more complex password then we should really be asking if they are smart enough to be representing us internationally.

Likewise for file security on laptops there already exists publicly available seriously secure software that cannot be hacked in any reasonable timescale if you have a good high quality password. These systems even allow for plausible deniability, why governments are not using these systems for secure communication and securing mobile data sources god only knows.

Thread Information