Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Talking to an examiner tonight over a few beers..OK more than just a few!!
    He reckons there are very few examiners in the Visaya region and he gets flown all over the southern regions ..He`s on 10K per day plus expenses in top hotels etc etc!! Only works 2 weekends a month..
    Think Im in the wrong game!!

Hi Peter (Posthome),
    you beat me to it, I was going to post the links to the VFS website. In defence of the doubting posts here about Theodolite Training centre. I would like to add that over the last couple of weeks I have spoken to Peter and met some of his family. Everyone has been very helpful both to me and my wife. I have visited Peter in his offices at the Golden Peak Hotel and seen his credentials. I have no doubts that his training centre is genuine. My wife is presently taking the 5 day review course for the A1, mostly to boost her confidence before sitting the test as her English is fairly good. Why condemn a man for using his many years of teaching skills to make a living in the Philippines and in the process helping others to achieve this newly added requirement.

Peter (Posthome} correct me if I’m wrong but if people are looking for Theodolite Training Centre on the link you have posted to the UKBA website they will need to look for {EDI} Education Development International and then email them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quickwillow View Post
    Peter (Posthome} correct me if I’m wrong but if people are looking for Theodolite Training Centre on the link you have posted to the UKBA website they will need to look for {EDI} Education Development International and then email them.
    The EDI are wrongly included on the UKBA list of Training Providers as they are NOT a training provider, they are only an awarding body for tests that satisfy the UKBA A1 English language test requirements. A single phone call to the EDI can confirm that.

Each training provider has to seek separate approval from the UKBA for their inclusion on the UKBA list of approved training providers.

Posthome will try to convince you that his accreditation from the EDI is proof that his company is approved by the UK Border Agency. Any such assumption on his part is wholly incorrect.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by posthome View Post

We have been authorised to offer the ELSA A1 English test for UK visa applicants for some weeks now and are listed as such on the UKBA website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...s-partners.pdf
    There are 20 pages on this .pdf which one states

Theodolite Training Group UK Incorporated ?

Banned

Mr. Thwaites Agrees to Remove Misleading Information

I have received an e-mail from posthome (Peter Thwaites). He apologized for any misleading information given, stating this was not intentional. He says he will remove any claims which suggest that Theodolite Training Group UK is directly accredited by the UKBA. He has also agreed to remove the claim that Theodolite Training Group UK is a registered UK learning provider.

I am happy that Mr. Thwaites has agreed to do this.

howerd
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Howerd View Post
    I have received an e-mail from posthome (Peter Thwaites). He apologized for any misleading information given, stating this was not intentional. He says he will remove any claims which suggest that Theodolite Training Group UK is directly accredited by the UKBA. He has also agreed to remove the claim that Theodolite Training Group UK is a registered UK learning provider.

So this in post # 11 was a load of bull

You are always very welcome to contact LCCI, EDI, or the UK Border Agency for confirmation of our accreditation, and we are also registered as a UK Learning Provider.

Banned

Mr. Thwaites now claims I am 'confused'

I have received a further e-mail from Mr. Thwaites, claiming that his posts cannot be removed from this forum. Mr. Thwaites then claims that I am 'confused', giving a number of reasons why I am 'confused'. Here is my open reply...

Mr. Thwaites...

Had you not falsely claimed on your website that Theodolite Training was approved by the UKBA I would not have been confused.

Had you not falsely claimed in our phone call that Theodolite Training was approved by the UKBA, I would not have been confused, because on checking the UKBA list, Theodolite Training is not approved.

When I subsequently posted on the Filipino forum stating that Theodolite Training was NOT on the UKBA approved list, you responded on that forum saying that it was. You even included a link to the approved list, falsely claiming again that Theodolite Training was on that list. If you had not done that I would not have been confused.

Had you not falsely claimed (on a Spanish website) that Theodolite Training Group UK (an English language training provider) was accredited by the ABBE (an awarding body for the Built Environment), I would not have been confused.

Had you not posted on the Filipino forum, falsely claiming that Theodolite Training Group UK was a registered UK learning provider I would not be confused.

Had you not told me on the phone that language learning providers, such as yours, in the Philippines have to be incorporated, I would not have been confused as to why methods of payment for Theodolite Training courses can be direct to you personally, by Western Union or your wife's personal bank account in the UK.

Had you not told me on the phone that language learning providers in the Philippines have to be incorporated, I would not have been confused when you told me that you pay exam fees personally to EDI.

Had you not told me on the phone that you live six months in the UK and six months in the Philippines each year, yet in your e-mail to me, claim that you have 'moved' to the Philippines, whilst telling others that you are 'visiting' the Philippines, I would not be confused.

Sorry, but any confusion in my mind has only been caused by what you say, write and do!

Quote Originally Posted by Howerd View Post

I’m not sure what you think you have achieved here other than to prove that Theodolite training centre name is not DIRECTLY PRINTED on the UKBA website as already posted He comes under EDI (Education development International) I guess this link doesn’t satisfy you that he is approved ?
    http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/images/2010...A1_Testing.pdf

The VFS website clearly states Theodolite Training Centre is a UKBA approved for the A1 English language test

Banned

Mr. Thwaites Unable to Edit Posts on Filipino UK Forum

I have received an e-mail from Mr. Thwaites in which he states:

"I understand from Keith Driscoll that I am unable to edit posts on the filipinouk forum."

Mr. Thwaites does accept that his posts on this forum (and elsewhere), in which he claims Theodolite Training Group UK is directly accredited by the UKBA are misleading. Mr. Thwaites has removed a similar claim from his own website, so I believe there is genuine recognition of the misleading claim.

Mr. Thwaites also confirms that Theodolite Training Group UK is not a registered UK learning provider; it appears that the Filipino Forum UK is the only place where such a claim has been made.

Mr. Thwaites has also confirmed removal of any reference to accreditation for Theodolite Training Group UK by ABBE he made on another third party site.

I have verified that Mr. Thwaites has also removed any reference to accreditation by the ABBE for another business owned by him, following intervention by the ABBE.

I am pleased that Mr. Thwaites has now made these amendments.

Banned
    quickwillow...

It was posthome who claimed his company is accredited by the UKBA. UKBA accreditation is completely separate process and Theodolite Training is not accredited by the UKBA as a test provder

Posthome also claimed on this forum that his company is on the register of UK learning provders. That claim is also incorrect.

On another siter, posthome also claimed that his company is accredited by ABBE. Following intervention by ABBE, posthome had to remove that claim.

Posthome also had to remove claims of ABBE accreditation for another business he owns.

Banned
    It is all very suspicious. If the service was operating in the UK Trading Standards would look into any possible misrepresentation

Banned

Posthome (Peter Thwaites) Claims he is a UK University Professor!

Take a look at Theodolite Training Group's (www.theodolite-training.com)website and you will see the following...

"Internationally Recognized English Language Learning Program developed and taught by a very experienced and qualified British University and College Lecturer"

However, further down the page it reads...

You will be taught English by an English Building Engineer and UK University Professor

On http://www.spainexchange.com/sponsor-5784.htm (and numerous other websites) it also reads...

You will be taught English by an English Building Engineer and UK University Professor

On this website (http://www.askedu.net/training.asp?C...Cebu+City&Pn=2) posthome writes...

Course programme tutored by an English University Professor and College lecturer who is also a qualified Building Engineer

However, on posthome's website for his similarly named business (based in the UK) THEODOLITE TRAINING (http://www.theodolite.net/About.php) he only claims to have done part-time lecturing at a university...

with some part time lecturing in University within the faculty of the Built Environment

Since 'moving' to the Philippines posthome has miraculously become a UK University Professor!

Banned
    Yes it looks like before moving into the Internationally Recognized English Language Learning Program game Theodolite Training were major players in providing Energy Advisor ( Home ) Qualifications as this website proves

http://www.home-energy-advisor.org.u...FQ1O4QodNlWmHw

I'm not surprised Howerd got confused

looks like this is going to be a major confusion and leave folk open to sharp practice not to mention a money spinner here in the Phils till everyone gets the right information caveat emp
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Yes it looks like before moving into the Internationally Recognized English Language Learning Program game Theodolite Training were major players in providing Energy Advisor ( Home ) Qualifications as this website proves

http://www.home-energy-advisor.org.u...FQ1O4QodNlWmHw

I'm not surprised Howerd got confused
    That website (http://www.home-energy-advisor.org.uk/index1.html) provides further evidence that Peter Thwaites was only claiming (before his 'move' to the Philippines) to be a University lecturer, rather than a Professor...

Learning Program for the ABBE accredited Level 3 Certificate in Energy Advice ( Home ) Award developed and offered by a very experienced University and College Lecturer, and Building Engineer

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    If you were to ask your Filipino wife, or fiancee, in the Philippines you will be told that a University Lecturer is a University Professor. There is no distinction between the two. This is also the case with college 'lecturers'.

This is the case in many countries outside of the UK.

There is no intent to confuse or mislead here.

If you were to ask your Filipino wife, or fiancee, in the Philippines you will be told that a University Lecturer is a University Professor. There is no distinction between the two. This is also the case with college 'lecturers'.

my mother in law has taught at Palawan State Uni for 21yrs and students call her 'madam' not professor, to be called a professor you would need a PHD.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    my mother in law has taught at Palawan State Uni for 21yrs and students call her 'madam' not professor, to be called a professor you would need a PHD.
    The actual University where he was a Lecturer/Professor at isn't stated - it may well be one of those now belatedly regarded as "bogus" by the UKBA eg University of Dollis Hill or Kings College Ellesmere Port

Banned

In many countries a university lecturer is a 'professor'; USA being the prime example, especially as education in the Philippines is based largely on the USA model.

But your claim is that you are a UK University Professor. That implies you have held a departmental or personal chair and that you are educated to PhD level. Given your admission that you were a part-time univesity lecturer and do not list a PhD as one of your qualifications, your claim to be a University Professor is totally false.

I also note that you use the term Professor (capitalised); I think that would imply a title of rank no matter what country you are in. If you had been a lecturer in the Philippines and was allowed to use the title 'professor' in that role, no-one would object to that, but to claim you are a UK University Professor is totally false.

I also note your internet advertising is aimed at prospective English Language learners from around the world - not just in countries where the word 'professor' and 'lecturer' may sometimes be used interchangeably.

Banned
    The actual University where he was a Lecturer/Professor at isn't stated - it may well be one of those now belatedly regarded as "bogus" by the UKBA eg University of Dollis Hill or Kings College Ellesmere Port
    According to his LinkeIn entry, posthome did work as head trainer for BEST COLLEGES. Best Colleges offered the ABBE examination (the same qualification as offered by Theodolite Training in the UK). There is no LinkedIn entry to suggest posthome ever worked directly for any university.

Best Colleges went bust, leaving many students £4,000 out-of-pocket. With 600 students on its books, it is reckoned the total loss suffered by students was over two million pounds.

Ironically, Best Colleges also traded under the name DEBT ADVISOR COLLEGE.

Banned
    Theodolite Training (in the UK) operated/operates from the 'South Coast' of England. Exactly where, is never made clear by posthome in any of the multitude of internet postings by him. I have tracked down the headquarters of 'Theodolite Training' and it is actually in a retirement flat for the over 55s in Reading!

Posthome does claim that Theodolite Training is 'well-established' in the UK; in fact he also makes the bold claim:

"probably the most experienced and truly professional Learning Provider in the UK"

Similarly, this is the description that posthome gives to his Philippines-based company, Theodolite Training Group UK:

"Probably the best British English Language study centre in the Philippines"

Banned
    Good digging Howerd

Exception

Hello,

I have applied for spouse visa this January 2011. If you have at least a Bachelor's degree completed that was taught in English, then you are exempted to take this English Language Test. They required for me to submit my Bachelor's degree certificate as well as a letter of certification that my course was taught in English. :-)

Goodluck to those who will be applying. :-)

Hopefully my son and I get the visa soon. Godbless.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois_Lane View Post
    Hello,

I have applied for spouse visa this January 2011. If you have at least a Bachelor's degree completed that was taught in English, then you are exempted to take this English Language Test. They required for me to submit my Bachelor's degree certificate as well as a letter of certification that my course was taught in English.
    Your Bachelors degree has to be recognised as being the equivalent of a Bachelors degree in the UK. I think many Philippine degrees are only recognsed as diplomas in the UK. You can verify your degree with: www.naric.org.uk.

Banned
    “Originally Posted by posthome

We have been authorised to offer the ELSA A1 English test for UK visa applicants for some weeks now and are listed as such on the UKBA website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...s-partners.pdf

There are 20 pages on this .pdf which one states

Theodolite Training Group UK Incorporated ?"

Posthome - reference my reply #35 above from 2 weeks ago. I know you’ve probably been busy with Energy Advisor training but have you had a chance yet to find which page number on the UKBA .pdf we should all be looking at ??

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Talking Info on English Language Test

I have inquired at a testing center about this test and they only require a testing fee of only 7,500, it's much cheaper than what has been posted recently, although they do not have a review for that since they are a testing center as i was told when i inquired, although they heard that there are review centers who offers enhancements for this test at a fee, as for the cost, they do not know exactly but said that it doesn't cost more that 2,000 for the enhancement, that's not bad compared to others who charges review for 12,000 or 5,000 right????

and another thing, they have a branch in Mindanao (where I am located) so i do not need to travel and spend more on airfare & such! YIPEEEEE!

Whilst I understand your enthuiasm 7500 is a very good months salary in the Phils not bad for a couple of hours work
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Keith.. A drinking buddy of mine is an English examiner. He works 2 weekends a month..
    Lets just say he gets over 50K and is flown all over the R.P and put in nice hotels.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information