Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Faye_and_Brian View Post
    Immigration officer told me that I have to go back to the philippines after the visa expires and file for settlement visa
    It sounds like the Immigration officer thinks you have a marriage (visitors) visa - allowing you come into the country, get married, then leave and apply for a settlement visa from the Philippines.

But you said the visa you applied for is a fiancee visa! That is a settlement visa and you have to marry and get further leave to remain within six months of the start date (15 January) of that visa.

But if your child is with you I think you must have a fiancee (settlement) visa, rather than a marriage (visitors) visa.

I am sure others will correct me if my logic is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Faye_and_Brian,
    I replied some of this in a previous post you made. Anyway here is what I advised:-

If you are here in UK on a Fiancee visa you MUST get married AND then apply for FLR BEFORE expiry of your visa. ALSO be aware that you MUST pass English Language test before you can apply for FLR.

My advice is not to count on or expect any automatic extension of your fiancee visa.
    It is not always granted

Looking back through your posts it seems your Fiancee Visa was granted sometime last November?
    If that is the case the your visa will expire within next few months. That is why the officer at the airport made the comment.
    You really need to be very focussed now on your plan. Organise the wedding, prepare and organise your English Language Test and start preparing for your FLR application.

Time will go so fast. Please do not hesitate any longer. Start right now.
    no.. I got the result of my visa last November but the visa started to valid last January 15,2011...I arrived here about a week ago, so I still have enough time to organize for the wedding but holy crap! what is that English Language test is it very difficult???

no.. I got the result of my visa last November but the visa started to valid last January 15,2011...I arrived here about a week ago, so I still have enough time to organize for the wedding plans but holy crap! what is that English Language test is it very difficult???
    Sorry for my mistake. I understand now. Just I was getting worried about time
    Everbody who has taken the English test and posted here has said it's very basic and very easy.
    Just the problem is you must have a pass certificate to apply your FLR when you are married.

Quote Originally Posted by Chikky View Post
    Thanks Faye & Brian for sharing your wonderful experience. I am new in this site and so happy to get tips and advises from people what to do. I am from Cebu City as well, you are talking about that there is an agency who had helped you in processing to get the fiancee visa. I would like to ask if you can give me their name and their contact address in my email thelifejourney2008@yahoo.co.uk as i am about to start my fiancee visa application. Please help me caused me and my fiancee is struggling everyday being apart from each other, as we been living together in the UK during my student visa period. He come here for 2 months and back in the Uk on the 16th of Jan 2011 but then we both realized we can't stay far away from each other too long. Based in your experienced we decided to get an agency that can help us to do the process more quicker. Thanks a lot and God bless.
    Hello Chikky.. you can visit their website... www.olvis.com , call them Im sure you have free consultation :-) good luck with your application ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Breakfast View Post
    It sounds like the Immigration officer thinks you have a marriage (visitors) visa - allowing you come into the country, get married, then leave and apply for a settlement visa from the Philippines.

But you said the visa you applied for is a fiancee visa! That is a settlement visa and you have to marry and get further leave to remain within six months of the start date (15 January) of that visa.

But if your child is with you I think you must have a fiancee (settlement) visa, rather than a marriage (visitors) visa.

I am sure others will correct me if my logic is wrong
    Ive got a fiancee marriage visa.. I think the immigration officer was wrong, but just wondered if after the marriage where will we apply for that FLR thing??? is it in UK Home Office ???

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Sorry for my mistake. I understand now. Just I was getting worried about time
    Everbody who has taken the English test and posted here has said it's very basic and very easy.
    Just the problem is you must have a pass certificate to apply your FLR when you are married.
    ohhh thats good... I hope I can pass it anyway, thanks for the information, it helps me a lot

congrats to you both, hearing successful stories like yours give hope to fiancee's like me that one day soon i could be with the man who i love so much.Im now also in the process of gathering all the docs for my application im currently living in manila,we actually agreed on using an agency but knowing it involves a huge money so were planning to do it on our own, but reading your post i guess i have to consider using one,kindly send me the name and contact no. of your agency thru my email its abby_20002003@yahoo.come thnks and God bless. abby

Ive got a fiancee marriage visa.. I think the immigration officer was wrong, but just wondered if after the marriage where will we apply for that FLR thing??? is it in UK Home Office ???
    Yep UK
    Don't worry.

congratulations faye & brian!

Edinburgh is a great city, lovely! been there once & went to see the castle!

Enjoy you two! Thanks for sharing this helpful information

All the best! x x

Quote Originally Posted by ybba View Post
    congrats to you both, hearing successful stories like yours give hope to fiancee's like me that one day soon i could be with the man who i love so much.Im now also in the process of gathering all the docs for my application im currently living in manila,we actually agreed on using an agency but knowing it involves a huge money so were planning to do it on our own, but reading your post i guess i have to consider using one,kindly send me the name and contact no. of your agency thru my email its abby_20002003@yahoo.come thnks and God bless. abby
    sorry for the late reply... we are very busy nowadays preparing for our big day, you said, you are currently living in Manila but the agency that we applied for is located in Cebu, I dont know if they have also another branch in Manila... just check out there website >>> www.olvis.com hope you can get information there. Goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyprincess View Post
    congratulations faye & brian!

Edinburgh is a great city, lovely! been there once & went to see the castle!

Enjoy you two! Thanks for sharing this helpful information

All the best! x x
    yep2.. I love the place! my daughter and I been here like 1 month already and we really like it! I love the structures, the place is kinda historical... now, we are getting married soon.. hope everything works out...

Yes The filghts should be OK. they often have TV DVD screens on the back of seats on many airlines (even in economy.) which should keep u entertained.

! welcome to UK!
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information