Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Commission on filipinos overseas

COMMISSION ON FILIPINOS OVERSEAS

Fiancee, Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign Nationals

As Filipinos going abroad as fiancé(e)s, spouses or other partners of foreign nationals, you are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling session in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) and the CFO sticker.

The thing is I already have this but my husband is in UK and we are going to apply for EEA Permit so I can be with him, in my certificate they put there Valid to travel to Lithuania. I asked one of the employee there after I got my certificate, she said that it's okay because my husband is a Lithuanian that they are basing it from the nationality of your husband. Though am not convinced am just too shy to ask more.... I don't want anyone to be offended because if am going to UK what is they won't accept it as it says Valid to Travel to Lithuania.

Has anyone ever encountered this before??? Anyone got accepted to UK boarder even if the Counseling certificate says Valid to travel to Lithuania ( or any other EURO country)?

Thanks

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006

May I suggest you email CFO setting out your situation, so that you will have a copy of what they require, should anyone later question it.

I am British but when we got married I had been living in Spain for many years and thus my wife was coming to live on Spain.

We attended the seminar on the day for Spain, but she was told as I was British she had to attend on the day for UK, which she subsequently did.

When we went to get the exit stamp, they said she should have done the Spanish day.

Fortunately, I had emailed CFO as I was 'surprised' they had said she should do the UK day, as of course it had no relevance. CFO replied that she had to attend on the UK day as I was British. My wife showed the copy of the email reply and finally got the exit stamp for Spain.

Thanks I will do that

Thread Information