Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

22 Nov 2010 new visa fees take effect

the price increases mentioned in September come into effect from Monday

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...ble-Nov-10.pdf
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Glad of now out of that never ending story
    Overall cost an absolute fortune

Not only is the cost excessive but they also use an exchange rate that is favourable to them. Plus you have to pay travel and hotel costs to attend VFS and then the CFO course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For some people I think it must be getting to the stage that they cant afford it.

Alfie

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    I really don't understand how the UK can make such extortionate charges.

In 2006 the Visa for my wife to come to Spain was 30 euros, I think it is 60 now. And not only that, the embassy staff were very approachable and friendly and I was able to call in or speak on the telephone with the office dealing with it, on a normal landline not premium.

When my wife obtains Spanish nationality (I don't know the cost but it's not significant) she of course can live and work in UK without any paperwork.

A UK 20 year passport obtained in Spain is almost 200 euros, a Spanish one is 20 and obtained from the nearest National Police station. On that one can go everywhere a UK passport holder can go.

I just obtained an Irish Passport as I am over 65 it was free ( I will not be renewing my UK passport when it expires next year) Not only that, but I was able to call and chat to Connie at the Irish Embassy about a couple of problems and when it was to be sent to me, by registered post (no charge to me) they called to make sure I would be at home that week to receive, otherwise they would have delayed sending it so that it was convenient fro me.

Last year I was thinking of taking my wife to Ireland for a holiday. She would have needed a visa but as I was British, it would have been free and we could have applied in the post, unlike the UK where it would have been 100 euros and, a trip to Madrid (travel, hotel etc) and an interview.

Sorry to say it but the UK screws us at every turn.

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Joe,
    Help!!!! Does this mean the Application Form for Settlement of a partner (wife, fiancee etc) - VF4F I think its called - has also changed?

I went to the link you posted but it seemed to be for ILR etc.

Cheers
    Alfie

Sorry Joe, the current form (if it hasnt been changed!) is VAF4A Dec 2008

Alfie

Trusted Member
    Unbelievable !

Cost 40 quid for my ex's spouse visa in 1991.

Chuck all the asylum seekers and other parasites out, and stop penalising born and bred tax-paying British citizens !

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    .................. Chuck all the asylum seekers and other parasites out, and stop penalising born and bred tax-paying British citizens !

That's a dangerous position to take for us (you in UK) our spouses are not British born and bred. They might throw the baby out with the bath water !!!!

The fees are becoming extortionate....
    and i guess a sign of the times in this crazy world..
    Everything is pay pay pay....
    For those of us involved in relationships with the Philippines the fees never include the incidentals like flights, hotels and all the associated costs of getting ready to make any application!

Where will it stop...

... there's something very far wrong when born-and-bred British Citizens are charged such extortionate fees to bring their chosen, lawfully-wedded marital partners to the land of their birth - and allow them to remain there - when those of all other European Union countries can do so free gratis.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    :¡ ..............European Union countries can do so free gratis.

Well Arthur, not exactly free nor without a certain amount of inscrutable paperwork, but certainly spouses are much more welcome in most EU countries, excluding UK, but believe most have signed up to the EU Directive that it is, in effect, illegal to keep families separated. The UK have not.

Oddly though I believe only Belgium has signed up to the Decree, and have it in place, that Philippine Drivers Licence can be exchanged for a Belgium one.

Quote Originally Posted by alfiemoon View Post
    Sorry Joe, the current form (if it hasnt been changed!) is VAF4A Dec 2008

Alfie
    where are you getting the form from ?
    i think you can only apply online now !
    http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/applying.aspx#How

My husband is holding his chest while reading the (increased)fees,,meaning that in two years time it will be more expensive
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post

My husband is holding his chest while reading the (increased)fees,,meaning that in two years time it will be more expensive
    The targeted increases include settlement visas, which better reflects the value of the product we offer and aligns the fee with the amounts paid by migrants coming to the UK under economic routes. We have increased the fee for long-term visit visas to reflect the value that such products represent to applicants.

http://www.publications.parliament.u.../100224s01.htm

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    The targeted increases include settlement visas, which better reflects the value of the product we offer and aligns the fee with the amounts paid by migrants coming to the UK under economic routes. We have increased the fee for long-term visit visas to reflect the value that such products represent to applicants.

Am I allowed to say 'mierda de Toro' or is 'tonterias' better ???

where are you getting the form from ?
    i think you can only apply online now !
    http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/applying.aspx#How
    Joe,

Yes I know that it is online applications now but I presumed that this was based on the manual form dated Dec 2008 especially as the online and manual systems were, for a while, running in tandem. I have not made any application yet and so I dont know what the online screens require until I actually apply .... kind of a Catch 22 unless there is a way of accessing the online form without actually starting the application process.

All I really want to know at this stage is if there are any changes to what was being asked in the old VAF4F Dec 2008 form.

Many thanks
    Alfie

Its just so SWEET to know that the fees will be use to open gates,technology and system..all sounds ridiculous to us WAGS of Brits
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

What's all this about the initials IRIS? Apart from an iris being a flower ... all I know is that that was the christian name of my late first wife!

Its so they can keep an Eye on you Arthur
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Thread Information