Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just an update

Did my Notice of Marriage here in Cebu with the Hon Brit Consul 4666 + 4666 for the CNI thats because im applying here not from the UK

She is away in New Zealand very soon and will be back on 11th of Jan so no appoinments over the Xmas period

Your Fiance doesnt need a passport but some form of valid I.D.along with cenomar and nso birth certificates and be sure she/he knows there full address with post code
    Take photo copies of ALL your documents and be sure to get the name spellings right of parents particularly

My ladies father had his name spelled wrong on the birth cert and we have to spell it wrong now on all paperwork lol
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Newbie (Restricted Access)

yippeeee

Thanks for all your help guys and girls...we got married..it all went to plan and we got married in the PLANTA HOTEL in Bacolod,Philipinnes....on January this year.....

Can i say...the people in fili so warm,friendly and such big smiles....such a great 31 days i had there with my new wife and her family....So do it guys.....take the plunge!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krib69 View Post
    Thanks for all your help guys and girls...we got married..it all went to plan and we got married in the PLANTA HOTEL in Bacolod,Philipinnes....on January this year.....

Can i say...the people in fili so warm,friendly and such big smiles....such a great 31 days i had there with my new wife and her family....So do it guys.....take the plunge!!!!
    congrats to you krib and your wife,
    indeed its good news and encouragement to us all

hello krib69, when you exchange your CNI at the British Embassy, did you present your wife's passport or did you present other valid ID card? My boyfriend will be arriving on April and we'll be going to the embassy to get his local CNI. I just want to have all the requirements that we need ready before going there. Thank you.

other valid id is fine plus her nso birth cert copy and cenomar
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

thank you keithAngel

hi everyone, could you tell me if 21 days is long enough to go through the marriage process in the Phills,? we plan on getting married on the 25th June,2011, date not confirmed yet, but is that enough time considering i have to spend 2 days (hopefully no more) in Cebu.
    also,does my g/f HAVE to attend the Brit Consulate in Cebu when i go there wth my UK CNI ? and can she have her documents delivered directly to the consulate ?
    Last edited by briancol; 28th March 2011 at 19:05. Reason: forgot to ask something

Brian Im sure it is IF you get your side together and your good lady hers and does the nesasary pre organisation and has the seminar lined up

The licence is ten days including weekends so 4 days to sort your cni and seminar + 10 leaves you a week
    Absit invidia

hmmm.you make it sound so easy, KeithAngel. thank you once again for your help.
    sounds like we should just use the 25th as a guide date,it really depends when the seminar is help around a fortnight before the 25th. so forget the 25th and make the date about 14 days after the seminar.

what sort of wedding Brian? where ?

I think 2 weeks is enough to get the licence as long as your organised ahead

if your using a outdoor place you will need a notarised request to the judge/minister requesting that, signed by both of you

the solamising official needs the licecnce to make the contract which is 4 copies that you,they and your witnesses sign on the day

It is extremely important to make sure that each form carries the right information names correct parents names etc as its a real pain after trying to register if not

You Marriage needs rgistering at the registras within 15 days or penalty,s apply and ask for a rush entry to the nso office to be able to get nso paper marriage certificate within about 4 weeks in our case
    Absit invidia

you ask what sort of wedding,i wish i knew myself.there will be no one else there except myself and my intended,we dont even have witnesses.unless she can find a few nearer the time.shes not from that area so she has no family in those parts except her older sister but they have fallen out big time and i mean big time,and since shes only been there since last December she doesnt know anyone else,but we will be married in Butuan city hall as far as im aware.

If thats really the case why not stay somewhere like Cebu at least theres a lot of expats there and an active social scene good quality places to rent and help if you need it
    Absit invidia

thats the problem,we cant,because shes attending a training course (as a caregiver)every morning monday to friday,and it runs untill December,they told not to miss even one day of the course thats why shes worried about the seminar,incase it takes all day.and we will have to get married on a saturday or a week-day in the afternoon.

Um I Would imagine since the course is being paid for that one might include real life situations into the equation

If your intention is to bring your wife to the UK and she wants to pursue her career then whilst practicly usefull she will still need to train to UK NVQ2 so unless there is something I or You dont understand then I would take whatever time is needed the real costs here are to you in flights running around and visas
    Absit invidia

im not too sure what your trying to tell me/advise KeithAngel.

fair enough
    Absit invidia

that wasnt a complaint or anything, i just meant im not sure whAT ur saying thats all,thanks,

I was suggesting you might want/need your fiances fulltime attention for some or all of the time and that loosing a bit of study time might not be such a big consideration in the grand sceme of things since with your 21 days there it sort of includes perhaps a honeymoon period that you both might appreciate.

But thats a matter in the end for you both
    Absit invidia

Quote Originally Posted by briancol View Post
    ,does my g/f HAVE to attend the Brit Consulate in Cebu when i go there wth my UK CNI ? and can she have her documents delivered directly to the consulate ? .
    Sorry Brian just looking back on the thread i realised we both posted at the same time and i missed this

She doesnt need to attend but you need an appointment from Moira I would suggest you ask her about the documents in an email nearer the time if not ask Paul Whiteway to recieve them and meet with you after you arrive in Cebu he is a 110% guy and offers a lot of expat services in Cebu and he and his missus Planned our Wedding on Valentines day

http://www.cebuexpatservices.com/
    Absit invidia

ok Keithangel, thanks for that,and the other advice. decision time is looming,lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information