Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Angry An insult to decency

Poppy-burning Muslim protesters mar Armistice Day commemorations as millions fall silent to remember war dead

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz150w5gLxo

How many were arrested under the Public Order Act for Inciting Racial Hatred ?

Answers on a postcard please to Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson

Trusted Member
    Why is our country run by such spineless cowardly ****holes ?

ask dedworth he voted tory
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Trusted Member
    Oh no, this has been going on for a long time.

Well if we just start ignoring them and not giving them publicity maybe they would crawl back under their stone.

well cameron has talked of a Sovereignty law, no euro laws will over ride british laws, time to put this country first b4 the union and the court of criminal rights and prosecute these people.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    The problem with living in a 'free' country is that this scum are free to do and say what they want, so it's ironic that the same freedom to protest against extremism is not available to the 90% + indiginous majority who would like to put an end to these flag burning protests. Of course you or I could go to Jeddah, Karachi, Damascus, Beiruit or Cairo and burn the Koran or a national flag and be given the same sort of treatment by the local law enforcement officers

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post

How many were arrested under the Public Order Act for Inciting Racial Hatred ?
    The British have always been sufficiently confident in themselves that they have never felt the need to make laws against people insulting them. For example there is no offence of burning the national flag (often incorrectly called the Union Jack). We are confident enough not to need such a law. Nationalities that are less confident in themselves have such laws, USA for example.

Burning poppies is not, per se, inciting racial hatred against the British. In fact it is more likely to have the reverse effect i.e. that those burning the poppies will inspire racial hatred against themselves.

I hope subscribers refrain from being side-tracked into making, what maybe, racially hateful remarks here, which may be more likely to qualify as 'inspiring racial hatred' than the actions of the poppy burning inadequates.

good news is not news , but bad news is just that bad , it gets everyone upset, and angry , laugh at them and walk away, dont ever give them any media, ignor them they will get the message

Banned
    Usual selective reporting by the BBC - not a mention of this disgraceful incident.

Respected Member
    Usual selective reporting by the BBC - not a mention of this disgraceful incident.
    It's all over Facetube, the problem is the likes of the EDL and BNP use these events as a recruitment tool and try to stir up more racially motivated hatred. The more that goes on, the more the leftie do gooders jump on the bandwagon and call normal citizens racists if they speak out about extremists.
    It's worth remembering that the majority of muslims in Britain do not condone this sort of behaviour by extremists, and want to live a peaceful life the same as we do. Events like this don't do the vast majority of law abiding muslims any favors and they want an end to it as well.

Couldn't they have burnt a few of the old corrupt MP's instead?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    It's all over Facetube, the problem is the likes of the EDL and BNP use these events as a recruitment tool and try to stir up more racially motivated hatred. The more that goes on, the more the leftie do gooders jump on the bandwagon and call normal citizens racists if they speak out about extremists.
    It's worth remembering that the majority of muslims in Britain do not condone this sort of behaviour by extremists, and want to live a peaceful life the same as we do. Events like this don't do the vast majority of law abiding muslims any favors and they want an end to it as well.
    You are right but then spineless, politically correct apparatchiks like this moron just inflame matters even more :-

A fire chief has been slammed after he scrapped his brigade's annual religious service to mark Remembrance Day in case it offended non-Christians.

Staff at the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service used to hear prayers said by a local chaplain before and after the traditional two minute silence at 11am.

But new chief fire officer Nigel Williams decided to axe the religious element of the service held at brigade headquarters at Hethersett near Norwich.

The decision was made after he was told that several staff were 'uncomfortable' with the religious nature of the ceremony.

Around 40 staff still gathered in the mess room yesterday (thurs) to stand in silence and lay poppy wreaths - but there were no Christian prayers said.

Instead a senior fire officer simply read war poet Laurence Binyon's famous poem For the Fallen before the silence.

Neil Harvey, a committee member of Norfolk Retained Firefighters' Union, said: 'I'm astounded. The people we're remembering here don't want to be anonymous and don't want their faith to be anonymous.

'That seems to be the way the world is going - making everything vanilla in order to avoid offending anybody.

'It would be interesting to find out how many people complained and what those complaints were.

'Is it money well spent for people to sit there and dream up things like this instead of spending it on frontline firefighters and new kit?'

from The Daily Mail

We always hear that the majority of Muslims don't support this kind of behaviour,where are they then?

I don't see any Muslims standing opposite protesting against these scum it's total bullshit

Everyone of those *******s should be identified and deported along with their family's.

Respected Member
    I really don't understand all this PC rubbish about not wanting to offend non christians.

In Leicester, we have a very high % of Hindu's, Seikh's and Muslims, it has been that way for 30 or 40 years. To my knowledge there has never been any flag burning or racially/religiously motivated hate campaigns. Everyone leaves each other to get on with it, Christmas isn't banned, Divali isn't banned and nor is Eid. The lights and decorations go up for different festivals and no one bats an eyelid. Everyone respects each others customs and traditional celebrations. Surely this is the best way forward in cities with high immigrant populations?

Respected Member
    I suspect that the leadership of Islam4UK, at the very least, are state assets. Some of things they do and get away with just don't make sense. Plus, there is history here. Police have been caught among protests before attempting to stir the pot.

Even if they are for real, they aren't remotely representative of ordinary British Muslims, who just want to get on with their lives in peace.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    The British have always been sufficiently confident in themselves that they have never felt the need to make laws against people insulting them. For example there is no offence of burning the national flag (often incorrectly called the Union Jack). We are confident enough not to need such a law. Nationalities that are less confident in themselves have such laws, USA for example.

Burning poppies is not, per se, inciting racial hatred against the British. In fact it is more likely to have the reverse effect i.e. that those burning the poppies will inspire racial hatred against themselves.

I hope subscribers refrain from being side-tracked into making, what maybe, racially hateful remarks here, which may be more likely to qualify as 'inspiring racial hatred' than the actions of the poppy burning inadequates.
    Times have changed for the worse and it is time to bring in legislation.The Police currently are either too lily livered or hung up on political correctness to deal with these vermin - contrast this with the other days goings on outside Tory HQ where the Met are having an immediate enquiry with no doubt suspects being identified and charged from video footage.

Respected Member
    Times have changed for the worse and it is time to bring in legislation.The Police currently are either too lily livered or hung up on political correctness to deal with these vermin - contrast this with the other days goings on outside Tory HQ where the Met are having an immediate enquiry with no doubt suspects being identified and charged from video footage.

Dedworth what law did they break by burning the poppies. Nothing springs immediately to me. If they did not then the police have nothing to do.

For those who like to think the police should 'do something' when there is an occurrence which that person does not agree with. Just recall the outcry when a 'Newspaper seller' was pushed by the police when they were policing a riotous demonstrative in London.

In the recent student demo I suspect that the need to not over spend may have influenced the police when they were deciding how many officers to have on stand-by. If there had been no disturbance, that officer might have been criticised for over-staffing, at a time when all public services are being cut back. The police are frequently in a no win situation.

As for changing the law: I personally don't think that a few stupid acts by extremists should cause us to have a knee-jerk reaction. If we did then they win !

Get out there lads get stuck in who says you cant Its time to mobalise all of the armchair internet warriors meet fire with fire this could be the turning point,a movement,lets retake the inner city,s and....................oops sorry my san migs getting warm and the missus wants my hand for a manicure oh my mistake
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member

As for changing the law: I personally don't think that a few stupid acts by extremists should cause us to have a knee-jerk reaction. If we did then they win !

Yes, the thing with giving the state power to censor is that they eventually end up censoring people you agree with.

For this reason I was also all for Nick Griffin going on Question Time. Could not understand the upset about that at all. This said, whilst these people have a right to freedom of speech, they also should have to accept the potential physical consquences of what they say. You can't just keep poking someone in the balls and then cry wolf when you get a reaction.

Dedworth what law did they break by burning the poppies. Nothing springs immediately to me. If they did not then the police have nothing to do.

For those who like to think the police should 'do something' when there is an occurrence which that person does not agree with. Just recall the outcry when a 'Newspaper seller' was pushed by the police when they were policing a riotous demonstrative in London.

In the recent student demo I suspect that the need to not over spend may have influenced the police when they were deciding how many officers to have on stand-by. If there had been no disturbance, that officer might have been criticised for over-staffing, at a time when all public services are being cut back. The police are frequently in a no win situation.

It's a bloody insult to our fallen hero's, nation and public,it's incitement at the very least.

Did you not see the signs and hear what they were saying?

Tell me John you think that's ok?

Also tell me what would happen if I stand on a soap box in Karachi and say Mohammed is a ******,I would be executed simple as that.

I am pleased to say most people in this country are appalled by what they did and rightly so

One last point where are the decent Muslims calling for these nutters to stop,I'm sure there were some standing nearby but I did not see anyone of them say we don't agree with this.

Banned

I'd start with Treason but more likely the charges laid after the Mohammed Cartoon Danish Embassy Demo would do for me - inciting racial hatred and soliciting murder - sentences of 4 - 6 years were given.

After disrupting a troops homecoming parade 5 pieces of trash were convicted in Luton in January 2010 with using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.............. the handwringing Luton Magistrates gave them 2 year conditional discharges and awarded costs against them.

Respected Member
    I'd start with Treason but more likely the charges laid after the Mohammed Cartoon Danish Embassy Demo would do for me - inciting racial hatred and soliciting murder - sentences of 4 - 6 years were given.

After disrupting a troops homecoming parade 5 pieces of trash were convicted in Luton in January 2010 with using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.............. the handwringing Luton Magistrates gave them 2 year conditional discharges and awarded costs against them.
    Can I suggest you look up treason? As I understand the facts here this not treason.

The placards in the photos, I do not believe amount to any offence, unless maybe behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace. A very minor offence, and akin to the 'sledgehammer and the nut.'

As I said I cannot think any substantive offence.

It maybe that the demonstrators took legal advice to ensure they could not be prosecuted. The childhood rhyme 'sticks and stones' comes to mind. As suggest here, as UK has free speech people demonstrating that right, should be ignored if we do not agree with what they are saying. Or we could turn UK into a country where the police decide who can do what: If that ever happened, I would be even more glad I live in Spain and have recently taken up my right to Irish Nationality.

In the other case you refer to. Those concerned did commit a criminal offence and were convicted and sentenced for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manila_Paul View Post
    This said, whilst these people have a right to freedom of speech, they also should have to accept the potential physical consquences of what they say. You can't just keep poking someone in the balls and then cry wolf when you get a reaction.
    An old college friends brother is ex 3 Para and currently in 2 REP French Foreign Legion - I hate to think what would happen if he and his pals were sufficiently enraged.

Respected Member
    An old college friends brother is ex 3 Para and currently in 2 REP French Foreign Legion - I hate to think what would happen if he and his pals were sufficiently enraged.
    Ok Dedworth now you have presented a straightforward situation. Had your friends attacked the demonstrators they would have committed an offence.

Not so unreasonable when you think about it.

It would be quite wrong if I were allowed to break the law because I believe the UK had no right to invade the sovereign countries of Iraq and Afghanistan. Our boys should not be there, in my opinion, but that does not give me any right to attack those who think otherwise.

Banned
    Ok Dedworth now you have presented a straightforward situation. Had your friends attacked the demonstrators they would have committed an offence.

Not so unreasonable when you think about it.

It would be quite wrong if I were allowed to break the law because I believe the UK had no right to invade the sovereign countries of Iraq and Afghanistan. Our boys should not be there, in my opinion, but that does not give me any right to attack those who think otherwise.
    Read my post John I said my friends brother and I was imagining how he might react if pushed over the edge.

This is not just an insult to those who served and died in the two conflicts you quote it is a sickening slur on all those who gave their lives since 1914 to ensure we have the freedom we enjoy today. Those who curse and abuse that freedom should face the full force of the law.

If a similarly obscene minority demonstration happened in Spain - how would the Guardia Civil handle it ? Boots, water cannon and night sticks would be the order of the day I suspect

Banned
    Can I suggest you look up treason? As I understand the facts here this not treason.

The placards in the photos, I do not believe amount to any offence, unless maybe behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace. A very minor offence, and akin to the 'sledgehammer and the nut.'

As I said I cannot think any substantive offence.

It maybe that the demonstrators took legal advice to ensure they could not be prosecuted. The childhood rhyme 'sticks and stones' comes to mind. As suggest here, as UK has free speech people demonstrating that right, should be ignored if we do not agree with what they are saying. Or we could turn UK into a country where the police decide who can do what: If that ever happened, I would be even more glad I live in Spain and have recently taken up my right to Irish Nationality.

In the other case you refer to. Those concerned did commit a criminal offence and were convicted and sentenced for it.
    Treason was tongue in cheek unfortunately. I suggest you watch the videos there is clear evidence of racial hatred and obvious intent to cause distress.

Asad Ullah of Muslims Against Crusades said "I have no respect for the silence as it represents the murder of millions of Muslims. By burning the poppy we wanted to upset people and we wanted them to hurt"

Muslims Against Crusaders organiser Abu Rayah, from east London, said: “British soldiers are mass murderers and your politicians are oppressors. By wearing poppies, you condone mass murderers. This protest was for thousands of Muslims killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.”

Respected Member
    Treason was tounge in cheek unfortunately. I suggest you watch the videos there is clear evidence of racial hatred and obvious intent to cause distress.

Asad Ullah of Muslims Against Crusades said "I have no respect for the silence as it represents the murder of millions of Muslims. By burning the poppy we wanted to upset people and we wanted them to hurt"

Muslims Against Crusaders organiser Abu Rayah, from east London, said: “British soldiers are mass murderers and your politicians are oppressors. By wearing poppies, you condone mass murderers. This protest was for thousands of Muslims killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.”
    Dedworth, Sorry I took your comment as a serious one.

I think I have gone far enough with this. I don't want to go on and on following tangents.

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Get out there lads get stuck in who says you cant Its time to mobalise all of the armchair internet warriors meet fire with fire this could be the turning point,a movement,lets retake the inner city,s and....................oops sorry my san migs getting warm and the missus wants my hand for a manicure oh my mistake
    im with you, just gotta put my underwear on first and do the house work
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    OK John fair enough - I think these people are pushing British tolerance/fair play etc to the limit and they had better be careful as one day the worm will turn

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information