Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manila_Paul View Post
    This said, whilst these people have a right to freedom of speech, they also should have to accept the potential physical consquences of what they say. You can't just keep poking someone in the balls and then cry wolf when you get a reaction.
    An old college friends brother is ex 3 Para and currently in 2 REP French Foreign Legion - I hate to think what would happen if he and his pals were sufficiently enraged.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    An old college friends brother is ex 3 Para and currently in 2 REP French Foreign Legion - I hate to think what would happen if he and his pals were sufficiently enraged.
    Ok Dedworth now you have presented a straightforward situation. Had your friends attacked the demonstrators they would have committed an offence.

Not so unreasonable when you think about it.

It would be quite wrong if I were allowed to break the law because I believe the UK had no right to invade the sovereign countries of Iraq and Afghanistan. Our boys should not be there, in my opinion, but that does not give me any right to attack those who think otherwise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    Ok Dedworth now you have presented a straightforward situation. Had your friends attacked the demonstrators they would have committed an offence.

Not so unreasonable when you think about it.

It would be quite wrong if I were allowed to break the law because I believe the UK had no right to invade the sovereign countries of Iraq and Afghanistan. Our boys should not be there, in my opinion, but that does not give me any right to attack those who think otherwise.
    Read my post John I said my friends brother and I was imagining how he might react if pushed over the edge.

This is not just an insult to those who served and died in the two conflicts you quote it is a sickening slur on all those who gave their lives since 1914 to ensure we have the freedom we enjoy today. Those who curse and abuse that freedom should face the full force of the law.

If a similarly obscene minority demonstration happened in Spain - how would the Guardia Civil handle it ? Boots, water cannon and night sticks would be the order of the day I suspect

Thread Information