Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    you all have valid points, some more than others, isnt anyone else getting bored on this topic
    Yep, I am....................

Over and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Did you think that one up yourself or find it in the depths of the "old ones are always the good ones" folder ? Just a small step away from the tired Racist jibe
    Just the first one I found plenty more where that came from sorry its not from any of your prefered "30second " soundbites this kind of thing actualy is an "Insult to Decency"

Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

I'm totally bored of this subject now,the original thread about indecency to our servicemen and nation has been twisted/altered.

I will once again say that there are a few on here who have clearly shown that they think it's OK for the poppy burning/British servicemen burn in hell protests to go ahead.

These are the same people who would jump up in arms if we burn a copy of the koran outside a Mosque.

Both are wrong and should not be tolerated.

You are also naive if you think that when we leave Iraq/Afghanistan that Islamic terrorism will cease.

The Islamic movement has clearly stated ambitions and the UK is included in that.

Police say that a bomb was found outside a mosque earlier today but presents no further danger to the public as they have managed to push it in.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Police say that a bomb was found outside a mosque earlier today but presents no further danger to the public as they have managed to push it in.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Well ... like it or not ... trading [verbal] "insults" has, since time immemorial, been a human failing EVERYWHERE. "Sticks & stones and all that!" Witness the old satirical writings/grotesque caricatures appearing in (sadly) long-defunct, classic British Magazines - such as 'John Bull', 'Punch' &c - and portrayed on modern day television programmes ... all of them poking harmless (for the most part) fun at the idiosyncracies of 'The Establishment'.

However, in the minds of decent, ordinary people - particularly those who have lost fathers, sons, brothers and other greatly-loved comrades and friends in military conflict - it is a markedly different matter altogether. Each poppy takes on its own very special significance; it represents the loss of a loved one. And therein lies the core issue. The act of burning a single poppy, therefore, is nothing less than a heinous insult to the memory of a human being who has been killed in defence of his/her country's freedom. Yours and mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Well ... like it or not ... trading [verbal] "insults" has, since time immemorial, been a human failing EVERYWHERE. "Sticks & stones and all that!" Witness the old satirical writings/grotesque caricatures appearing in (sadly) long-defunct British Magazines - such as 'John Bull', 'Punch' &c - and portrayed on modern day television programmes ... all of them poking harmless (for the most part) fun at the idiosyncracies of 'The Establishment'.

However, in the minds of decent, ordinary people - particularly those who have lost fathers, sons, brothers and other greatly loved comrades and friends in military conflict - it is a markedly different matter altogether. Each poppy takes on its own very special significance; it represents the loss of a loved one. And therein lies the core issue. The act of burning a single poppy, therefore, is nothing less than a heinous insult to the memory of a human being who has been killed in defence of his/her country's freedom. Yours and mine!!
    Sadly wasting your time Arthur

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Just the first one I found plenty more where that came from sorry its not from any of your prefered "30second " soundbites this kind of thing actualy is an "Insult to Decency"

Interesting video of Lancs Police from a fine upstanding newspaper.

A good illustration of "rigid by the book interpretation" from a PCSO and her cohorts of legislation brought in by the Labour Party. I wonder what the Labour chaired and dominated Lancs Police Authority thought about it, maybe it had some bearing on their recent decision to consider abolishing PCSO's (aka Blunkett Bobbies). I hope this Force adopt a similar Zero Tolerance approach and deal fairly but firmly with anyone using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to others.

I'm sure this Force are even handed whilst dealing with offenders, I'd expect the qualities of Fairness and Northern Grit to be at the fore, I doubt if Lancs Constabulary needs to follow the Met Police in having an expensive, well manned Equality and Diversity Directorate. Well known Lancs MP and former Home Secretary Jack Straw is there to keep an eye on things.

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    you all have valid points, some more than others, isnt anyone else getting bored on this topic
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    THought it was interesting at first now its the same a few blokes having an arguement in the pub. Everyone has their own opinions and its as simple as that. Sometimes you can bring people round to your way of thinking but I think in this case everyone is refusing to budge an inch so Why not agree to disagree and move on because we're not far off this turning a bit personnal from what I 've read so far and I'm sure everyone would agree to leave this "disscusion" and still remain on friendly terms.
    It's been emontional

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I'm sure everyone would agree to leave this "disscusion" and still remain on friendly terms.
    ... I'll drink to that ... Cheers!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    THought it was interesting at first now its the same a few blokes having an arguement in the pub. Everyone has their own opinions and its as simple as that. Sometimes you can bring people round to your way of thinking but I think in this case everyone is refusing to budge an inch so Why not agree to disagree and move on because we're not far off this turning a bit personnal from what I 've read so far and I'm sure everyone would agree to leave this "disscusion" and still remain on friendly terms.
    I agree Subseastu - I'm finished on this one.

Some people are unable to condemn those who show total contempt and dispespect for our country,society,traditions and servicemen. Another indication of the couldn't care less, I'm allright Jack, roll over and be trampled on attitudes that a few show on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    ... attitudes that a few show on this forum.
    'Few' being the operative word ... I might add, in fairness to the majority!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    'Few' being the operative word ... I might add, in fairness to the majority!
    Agreed - I've Bolded it Arthur

I'm finished on this one too,we can all be tempted to add a bit more but if the moderators are happy and everyone has had their say can we lock this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post
    I'm finished on this one too,we can all be tempted to add a bit more but if the moderators are happy and everyone has had their say can we lock this thread?
    and no one had to be banned
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information