Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I really don't understand all this PC rubbish about not wanting to offend non christians.

In Leicester, we have a very high % of Hindu's, Seikh's and Muslims, it has been that way for 30 or 40 years. To my knowledge there has never been any flag burning or racially/religiously motivated hate campaigns. Everyone leaves each other to get on with it, Christmas isn't banned, Divali isn't banned and nor is Eid. The lights and decorations go up for different festivals and no one bats an eyelid. Everyone respects each others customs and traditional celebrations. Surely this is the best way forward in cities with high immigrant populations?
    Same in much of west London most people enjoy the others celebrations when Riots happened elsewhere in the country in the early noughties no one even thought of rioting..

Many Muslims who wish to simply get on and respect all like the majority of Brits try to ignore the extremists whether they are BNP or one of the Extreme Muslim groups. Sometimes i guess its a balance between not feeding them with oxygen of publicity and condemning them.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    did they see themselves as British thou ?

as I've posted a few times on here, i use to work with 2 Libyan brothers who's mother was British, even thou both were born in Libya and both had British passports, but they didn't see themselves as British in anyway, they use to laugh and joke about British soldiers been killed because they killed their 'Muslim brothers'
    You are correct Joe.
    The muslim faith doesn't seem to exist within country boundaries as we have seen many times.
    This state of affairs (hate towards the west) could be eased.
    IMO, this is why the west is getting the backlash; what happens in Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel or wherever will spread out to places like Britain, the USA or Spain for example.
    Nothing is happening on a Global level to help Muslims, which is why British muslims are reacting violently.
    All violence is reprehensible and it is getting worse.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Think of the (from Wiki Sabra and Shatila massacre took place in the Sabra and Shatila Palestinian refugee camps in Beirut, Lebanon between September 16 and September 18, 1982, during the Lebanese civil war. Palestinian and Lebanese civilians were massacred in the camps by Christian Lebanese Phalangists while the camp was surrounded by Israeli forces. In that period of time, Israel was at war with Lebanon. The Israeli Forces occupied Beirut and dominated the refugee camps of Palestinians and controlled the entrance to the city. After the assassination of Bachir Gemayel, leader and president-elect of the Lebanese Phalangist, a Maronite group, also called Lebanese Forces militia group, entered the camp and murdered inhabitants during the night. The exact number of victims is disputed, from 700–800 to 3,500 (depending on the source).
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Think of the Palestinians who have been killed by the thousands, think of the recent invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.

It doesn't really matter which members of this forum feel outraged, their grievances are miniscule compared to the endless horrors inflicted on the Muslims around the world.

For these soap box pretenders, read your history

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Thousands upon thousands of civilians have been killed in Iraq due to different Muslim sects and groupings blowing each other up plus a few al qaeda bombings. Not a month seems to go by without another 10 or so suicide bombings in Pakistan and I don't think they were on the invasion list.
    Yes you are correct, but many were killed by the Nato forces too.

yes your right,
    I'm sure many Brits want a free Palestine, and its the politicians who dragged this on and on and some extremist use this as an excuse to kill.

what shocked my thou in one of their suicide notes/videos was how he loved his wife and kids but god came first
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    I live in Leicester, I am white and I am the minority. That really isn't a problem for me, most of my friends, colleagues and clients are Asian (Indian sub-continent), I have been to India 5 times and know far more about Indian culture than most white people do. My city is a peaceful city where all races and religions get on, and I want to keep it that way. However, extremism will create a divide between the White/Hindu's on one side and the Muslims on the other. If we allow these extremists to continue to preach their hate of the west, divides and cracks will appear all over the country. No one wants that, but I'm sure they didn't want a war in Yugoslavia either
    Very true, except that you don't mention the white extremists' racist ideology also.

The politicians around the world need to pull their fingers out before it gets much worse

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    For these soap box pretenders, read your history
    I'm not disputing that the West has to share some of the blame for this extremism, US and UK foreign policy is wrong in my opinion. However, Islam can hardly claim it hasn't invaded other nations over the years. Originating in the Arabian peninsula it quickly spread thoughout North Africa, South Western Europe, Asia Minor, Central Asia, South Asia and the Far East. Much of this expansion was done by occupying armies and forcing people to convert or be killed. We can all pull articles from Wiki to prove our points. Muslims have slane as many people over the centuries as non muslims have, so please don't make them out to be the victim's here. If you want recent examples, look no further than Nigeria and The Sudan...and before you say the West is anti Muslim, think about Kosovo in 1998. Nato fought off the Orthodox Christian Sefbian Army and supported the Muslim Kosova's. Funny how no one ever mentions that when they complain about muslims being oppressed by the west
    Like you I am an athiest, religion is the main cause of wars...or should I say, religious power crazy fantatics manipulating a religion is the main cause of war

Banned
    yes your right,
    I'm sure many Brits want a free Palestine, and its the politicians who dragged this on and on and some extremist use this as an excuse to kill.

what shocked my thou in one of their suicide notes/videos was how he loved his wife and kids but god came first
    Yep, this is very shocking for us non-muslims to understand
    Many muslims around the world are also very shocked at the West's ways.

Banned
    I'm not disputing that the West has to share some of the blame for this extremism, US and UK foreign policy is wrong in my opinion. However, Islam can hardly claim it hasn't invaded other nations over the years. Originating in the Arabian peninsula it quickly spread thoughout North Africa, South Western Europe, Asia Minor, Central Asia, South Asia and the Far East. Much of this expansion was done by occupying armies and forcing people to convert or be killed. We can all pull articles from Wiki to prove our points. Muslims have slane as many people over the centuries as non muslims have, so please don't make them out to be the victim's here. If you want recent examples, look no further than Nigeria and The Sudan...and before you say the West is anti Muslim, think about Kosovo in 1998. Nato fought off the Orthodox Christian Sefbian Army and supported the Muslim Kosova's. Funny how no one ever mentions that when they complain about muslims being oppressed by the west
    Like you I am an athiest, religion is the main cause of wars...or should I say, religious power crazy fantatics manipulating a religion is the main cause of war
    I agree................and, we do have some things in common

Respected Member
    I agree................and, we do have some things in common
    I think everyone on here agrees to an extent Apo, and so do the majority of decent British people, the problem is this thread has become twisted and clouded and accusations of racism made. I don't think that is the case at all, most normal Brit's are quite happy to have a multitude of races and faiths here as long as they accept our way of life and play by our rules.
    I condemn all forms of extremism, be it Islamic Fundamentalism, Christian Far Right or any other form of extreme political or religious belief. I don't claim the West is perfect, far from it, but it is my home and I don't want to see it degenerate any more than it has already. The biggest fear for most people is the lack of loyalty and patriotism shown by the extremists, God will always come before family, country or law.....and if the preacher tells a convert God wants you to wear a suicide belt and blow up a train full of innocent commuters they will do it. It isn't a question of IF there will be another attack in the UK, but WHEN?

Banned
    I think everyone on here agrees to an extent Apo, and so do the majority of decent British people, the problem is this thread has become twisted and clouded and accusations of racism made. I don't think that is the case at all, most normal Brit's are quite happy to have a multitude of races and faiths here as long as they accept our way of life and play by our rules.
    I condemn all forms of extremism, be it Islamic Fundamentalism, Christian Far Right or any other form of extreme political or religious belief. I don't claim the West is perfect, far from it, but it is my home and I don't want to see it degenerate any more than it has already. The biggest fear for most people is the lack of loyalty and patriotism shown by the extremists, God will always come before family, country or law.....and if the preacher tells a convert God wants you to wear a suicide belt and blow up a train full of innocent commuters they will do it. It isn't a question of IF there will be another attack in the UK, but WHEN?
    I have noticed that this thread and others are becoming saturated with some people's warped ideas that extremism is only from one particular group of people, when that group is mostly moderate.
    They should really note that extremism comes in many disgusting manifestations.
    I am glad the BNF is mostly hounded out of our lives when they try to spout off in public.
    This is because we are mostly moderate in this multicultural country

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Well if we just start ignoring them and not giving them publicity maybe they would crawl back under their stone.
    I agree, this is the first thing I said when I saw the reports, just don't give them the coverage.
    Its a bit like when the first reports of ram raids came out... then amazingly there were lots more ? ?
    Yes, I can spell, Just can't tpye

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Notavirusalso View Post
    I agree, this is the first thing I said when I saw the reports, just don't give them the coverage.
    Its a bit like when the first reports of ram raids came out... then amazingly there were lots more ? ?
    Bad news, gossip, rumour and scandals sell newspapers and keeps people tuned into the TV News

Arthur, as you will be aware the 7/7 bombers were all British and did not "infiltrate our (for the most part) civilised shores"
    British my **** only when it suits them,they hated everything about us and all they wanted to do was to purposely kill innocent civilians.

You live in a world of denial and naivety I'm afraid.

Banned
    I have noticed that this thread and others are becoming saturated with some people's warped ideas that extremism is only from one particular group of people, when that group is mostly moderate.
    I am glad the BNF is mostly hounded out of our lives when they try to spout off in public.
    This is because we are mostly moderate in this multicultural country
    If I'm not mistaken the moderate perpetrators of 99.9% of horrendous terrorist attacks throughout the world in the last 10 years or so have been muslim

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post
    British my **** only when it suits them,they hated everything about us and all they wanted to do was to purposely kill innocent civilians.

Helllllllooooooo.....?
    Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine - heard of them?
    What news do you watch, what radio stations do you listen to or read about?

Quote Originally Posted by lestaxi1 View Post

why are you letting this thread annoy you so much
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Well I'm British through and through and proud of it,I will be tending the parade in town tomorrow and paying my respects.

Think your true colours have been shown and im guessing you don't have a poppy

Luckily most people on this thread have agreed with most of my posts as would the general public of the uk.

You go your way,i will go mine

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    why are you letting this thread annoy you so much
    Because I deplore what those Islamic *******s did the other day and will have a go at anyone who defends them

Trusted Member
    Good on you !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Good on you !
    I'll second that Graham - well done Les

Banned

Like atheisum, in some people's minds.

I have my Poppy btw, and stood for 2 minutes silence in respect of our fallen heros.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Banned
    Helllllllooooooo.....?
    Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine - heard of them?
    What news do you watch, what radio stations do you listen to or read about?
    I'm watching the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance on BBC1 - what's on Al Jazeera ? "Episode 15 of An Introduction to Suicide Bombing" or suchlike

Followers of Islam don't disrespect our dead soldiers as I don't laugh at your innocent civilians killed

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Like atheisum, in some people's minds.

I have my Poppy btw, and stood for 2 minutes silence in respect of our fallen heros.
    633526520114663387-athism.jpg "Because babies are tasty" .......Watch out we're everywhere in the UK

There will be less fallen heroes if we pull out of Afghanistan

633526520114663387-athism.jpg "Because babies are tasty" .......Watch out we're everywhere in the UK
    :
    don't forget the veggy atheist to
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    don't forget the veggy atheist to
    Noooooo, those make big utots

Burning poppies is not a nice thing to do and they should be reprimanded, but then bombing the poop out of a country because you pretend they have got wmd is ok ?
    you wouldn't find them burning poppies in Afghanistan.... as it is their main source of income.
    Yes, I can spell, Just can't tpye

As a point of fact no poppies got burnt
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Notavirusalso View Post
    Burning poppies is not a nice thing to do and they should be reprimanded, but then bombing the poop out of a country because you pretend they have got wmd is ok ?
    you wouldn't find them burning poppies in Afghanistan.... as it is their main source of income.
    You're right Notavirusalso

The invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan was, and still is, "An insult to decency"
    For what?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information