Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Romantic ways to propose to your mahal.

Evening all.

I am due to propose to my mahal and was looking for some ideas/experiences?

Tube of lube and surprise her half-way through Position No.54
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Tube of lube and surprise her half-way through Position No.54
    Never thought the first reply would be the winner!

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    It certainly worked for me though I used position 53.

I proposed to my missus at night at the church on the base in olongopo. Quite nice as there was lights in the trees and wind chimes clanging away.

Her first response though was to ask if I was p**sed!!!
    It's been emontional

i proposed to my mahal in a church in boracay.

on one knee at calk abbey, she just laugh at me then slapped me across the head , when shes happy she hits out she tells me , but i am thinking its something else

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    on one knee at calk abbey, she just laugh at me then slapped me across the head , when shes happy she hits out she tells me , but i am thinking its something else
    Good job you didn't propose in the power tool section of B&Q then steve if she hits out when happy!!!
    It's been emontional

Quote Originally Posted by mikey73 View Post
    i proposed to my mahal in a church in boracay.
    Would love to but we are in th UK, we will be renewing our vows though in FIL!

Oh so another vote for Boracay is not much use
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Ha!!
    I get that too.
    Because she loves me she says

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze2106 View Post
    Evening all.

I am due to propose to my mahal and was looking for some ideas/experiences?

I mentioned this to my wife and asked her if she remembered how I proposed.
    (mainly because I couldn't remember )

Then she informed me she couldn't remember either

Well, we talked for some time about this and still we just can't remember anything.
    Someone somewhere must have said something... surely

If I had my time over, I would definitely pick a romantic place... go on one knee .... express my love and ask to marry me.

Or....

Get the manager at Tesco's to make the declaration over the loudspeaker

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I mentioned this to my wife and asked her if she remembered how I proposed.
    (mainly because I couldn't remember )

Then she informed me she couldn't remember either

Well, we talked for some time about this and still we just can't remember anything.
    Someone somewhere must have said something... surely

If I had my time over, I would definitely pick a romantic place... go on one knee .... express my love and ask to marry me.

Or....

Get the manager at Tesco's to make the declaration over the loudspeaker
    I doubt the missus would have heard it if it was done over tescos be to busy on the phone knowing my luck

Although in theory I proposed in boracay, like you there was no formal proposal and to me thats a thing out of the films if your a couple who have been together sometimes it just happens which i think is far better for some things happen because they happen why be fake or doing something because the media and tradtion says it has to be done?

if she is a catholic, bring her to the church on sunday and ask her your magic question
    or you can call all her family around and kneel and proposed to her...
    I know it seems hard sometimes, but remember one thing, through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it gets, keep your chest out, keep your head up and handle it...

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    I doubt the missus would have heard it if it was done over tescos be to busy on the phone knowing my luck

Although in theory I proposed in boracay, like you there was no formal proposal and to me thats a thing out of the films if your a couple who have been together sometimes it just happens which i think is far better for some things happen because they happen why be fake or doing something because the media and tradtion says it has to be done?
    I know what you mean, just want her to be able to say to her friends. He did this.... then asked me. Or we were here... then he asked. Might just slip it nder her pillow one evening and wait for her to find it before she sleeps

I know what you mean, just want her to be able to say to her friends. He did this.... then asked me. Or we were here... then he asked. Might just slip it nder her pillow one evening and wait for her to find it before she sleeps
    yeah I know some ladies love to have those romantic stories to talk about I think my Wife would be embrassed if i went down on one knee and so would I so no point in being both uncomfortable

For us it was better to spend the time in Boracay for us eat lovely food by the sea and chatting rather than both turning bright red. I have always cringed when on TV or at a public event a bloke or sometimes a woman (especially a leap year) asks their Mahal to marry them sometimes there is a long pause and one very worried proposer

For me it would be most romantic with just the two of you the setting probably doesn't matter as lets be honest when in love it doesn't matter where you are or wht your doing its the best place in the world to be for you both. Im pretty sure many couples I have known have lets say expanded on the truth just so its a better story to recount
    How ever romantic it was and touching the hard shoulder in Grimbsy during the rush hour is probably not going to win many awards for romantic image in the head of the year. But I bet for you both it would bring happy memories when ever you pass sandwiched between two artics

I am a filipina and must say that I have this latin asian blood in me, also an incurable hopeless romantic..maybe not hopeless I have my other half now

In the old filipino culture days we used to have "harana" means serenade in english, a guitar and good voice through any ballads or love songs can be romantic.

Another alternative is a ring hidden in a cake or ice cream, its somewhat romantic and surprising.

Or you can cook special food and prepare everything in special manner with the ring next to it. You can hire a violinist while you get down to your knees

As for me, after a long trip from climbing the summit of Mt. Kanlaon ang straight to Malapascua. Hungry, exhausted and thirsty because of the heat phenomenon. Hubby took me for a sundae cone trip, while I went in line for sundae. He went to the jewelry shop nearby (I thought he went to get cash from atm) came to me and went down on his knees. I was speechless and felt a bit dizzy he had to hold me. I did say yes and now happily married.

Good luck to your marriage proposal.
    Life as we make it

Well I had it all planned for Saturday just gone, lots of candles, nice roses on the dinner table and champers in the fridge awaiting. I was going to cook and then eat dinner first, then ask her if she wanted desert then come back from the kitchen and get down on one knee, but this didnt go to plan. All the candles alight and flowers were out and we were sat on our computer chair togther and we ended up right next to place where I had hid the ring and I asked her why dont you marry me? she said why dont you ask me? In turn I produced the ring and asked her, to which she replied yes and cried. wooo hooo. Afterwards she said she found this very romantic. We went on to have a lovely dinner and champers

Well done, eventually
    Congratulations to you both and God Bless

Thank You

Now time to sort out COA then FLRM.... oh the joys

Thank You

Now time to sort out COA then FLRM.... oh the joys
    Unless you marry in Anglican Church

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Unless you marry in Anglican Church
    Defo something to look into, whether or not they would marry us is another question from what I have been made aware of from my previous thread.

Defo something to look into, whether or not they would marry us is another question from what I have been made aware of from my previous thread.
    Just check with your local vicar. No harm in trying.
    COA can take a really long time. Also it's going to be scrapped. But depends when.

In regards to talking to the local vicar... there are a few churches in my town, how will I know which one is Anglican, if any? Literally just by going an asking? I had tried to google this but with no avail.

Just got engaged last October 23 in Ma Ya Bay, Phuket, Thailand setting of Leonardo Di Caprio's movie "The Beach"...He called my dad in the morning so somehow I had an idea he would..LOL...I just didnt know exactly when and where..

Prior to that he booked a tour visiting 7 islands in Phuket...We were in the dry land of Ma Ya (Pic is on my profile) when it happened..I sat on the branch of the fallen tree and asked him to take a pic of me there. He willingly did..Then he asked someone to take a pic of us and GOTCHA! he got the ring on his pocket and said "I have a question" I replied "I know already the question and you know what would be my answer..LOL...

Lady_Ivy,

The film setting "The Beach" might be in Thailand but the most of the film were done in Palawan, Philippines. A country we should be proud of just an FYI.
    Life as we make it

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    Lady_Ivy,

The film setting "The Beach" might be in Thailand but the most of the film were done in Palawan, Philippines. A country we should be proud of just an FYI.
    That's interesting purple.
    It seems that plenty of 'box office' hits have had filming in the Phils.

In regards to talking to the local vicar... there are a few churches in my town, how will I know which one is Anglican, if any? Literally just by going an asking? I had tried to google this but with no avail.
    Most Church of England churches are OK

Well I had it all planned for Saturday just gone, lots of candles, nice roses on the dinner table and champers in the fridge awaiting. I was going to cook and then eat dinner first, then ask her if she wanted desert then come back from the kitchen and get down on one knee, but this didnt go to plan. All the candles alight and flowers were out and we were sat on our computer chair togther and we ended up right next to place where I had hid the ring and I asked her why dont you marry me? she said why dont you ask me? In turn I produced the ring and asked her, to which she replied yes and cried. wooo hooo. Afterwards she said she found this very romantic. We went on to have a lovely dinner and champers
    congratulations

Oh, thats a very good information Purple..Ive never been to Palawan so I may not recognize some places in the film..I read that the author of the THE BEACH book, Alex Garland wrote it while living in El Nido Palawan and there was even a rumor that some parts of the movie was filmed in one of the island in Bacauit Bay...I dunno...So I might be wrong...

great job coolbreeze wishing you both all the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information