Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    So many stories like this Joe.
    The common denominator is always money
    She would go to the place to this other guy she is talking to if she gets invited i guess.

Learn from this experience ranger... you've known the signs and people here in the forum have told you what we understand about the situation from the start.
    Life as we make it

so sorry ranger to read the news but like many say , time to move on , there are so many others that would love you and just you, sometimes you just have to be hard in life and never look back once you have disided what you are doing , good luck

Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    ... you've known the signs and people here in the forum have told you what we understand about the situation from the start.
    My thoughts also.......

But a sad situation for sure.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Trusted Member
    I feel for you my friend.

I'm reminded of when I had the ex's emails to her sister translated....the ones that contained the words 'new boyfriend'.

It hurts A LOT.

I had been faithful to HER during our 13 years together.

I've never been out with another woman since, and that's 7 years ago.

Hope you find someone worthy of you in less time than that.

am sad reading your story ranger and also of mick and some others in the forum who were either scammed or fall out of love all i can say, don't be discouraged by an instance of failure, rather make it as a guide to make situation better the next time around.

Sun shines after the Storm

Quote Originally Posted by mindanao View Post

Sun shines after the Storm
    This is the best part of life ranger. You will be with someone worthy who adores you. Keep your face up. She doesn't deserve any single of your thoughts, lady of such caliber is no worth of a true man's value.
    Life as we make it

Good day. I need advise urgently.. I met a guy who live in uk, he decided to visit me here after 2 years of knowing each other over the net..he seems to be nice and sincere but there a bid problem tonight is the night his going to arrive here in manila philippines but he got hold in jail on malasia, violation of carrying a big amount of money now the lady officer at the jail center asking me if i can pay his penalty of 1000 us dollars for his release and to get all his things.. Sadly i dont have that big amount to pay vail him out i ask my friend if he can ask help from his friends from uk but he said they are all busy working and have no time to help him out... I dont know what to do now, he is so very angry with me because i couldn't help him and continue to travel here in the philippines... Please need advice what should i do??

Trusted Member
    Run away fast !

Has he no relations in the UK ???

Surely if he was carrying so much money he could have paid the fine ?

This sounds very suspicious to me.

Is he Nigerian ?

nope his white i often seen him on cam, and he got this french accent when we talk over the phone

the girl who talk to me doesn't allowed him to pay from his money, they get all his belongings and actually the girl told me if i ever been in jail coz i obviously dont know the rule inside the prison.. nobody is allowed to get money from the person whose onhold inside the jail..i was wondering if its not allowed to carry big amount why he hasn't been hold in paris he made a stop over there b4 he fly to malasia...

i think hes allowed 10,000 us like most countries. but why carry much more than that for a vacation? and imprisonment for carrying so much sounds strange, I think its completely suss and if i was you i would be careful,,,, usually when on connecting flights you dont go through customs (i may be wrong)

if its true that he has a huge amount of cash, surely he has money in a bank account at home or friends that would believe in him enough to send 1000us, allllllll too strange for me

wow just looked more into this, it can lead to 3 years imprisonment and or 10,000rn fine, wows, good job im not rich

Trusted Member
    Why do people ignore the rules ?

Haven't they heard of ATMs ?

Quote Originally Posted by tomboo View Post
    wow just looked more into this, it can lead to 3 years imprisonment and or 10,000rn fine, wows, good job im not rich
    It appears payment of $1000 will do the trick.
    With the info we have at the moment I say something is not right. Could be a scam.
    Should be family or friends will do something, not a g/f who has not yet met him.

yna, what nationality is he?
    Who is the $1000 penalty to be paid to? and how?

Respected Member
    yna - firstly welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to say, but this sounds like a scam to me. If this guy has so much cash he should be able to raise the money back in the Uk and pay his fine. He may be white, but that doesn't mean he isnt a scammer - plenty of white eastern Euro scammers....in fact plenty of white Brit scammers and cheats too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yna View Post
    nope his white i often seen him on cam, and he got this french accent when we talk over the phone
    I reckon he might have whitewashed his face for the web cam - these Nigerian con men are as slippery as they come

Quote Originally Posted by ranger74 View Post
    Well, after a month, all seemed to be going well. She was still chatting to the guy in yahoo though, which I was obviously not comfortable with, but other than that it all seemed to be going great.

But today I got to see one of their conversations and my worst fears were confirmed. The guy wasn't just a friend. She'd been sleeping with him after I left the Philippines and from the conversation, I gathered that she hadn't told him that she was here in Australia with me (she told me that he knew).

We haven't talked about it yet, but she knows I know. I'm out in my bungalow having a few drinks and chain smoking, trying to wrap m head around what a massive fool I've been and figure out what happens next.

Her flight home isn't for another 8 weeks and she doesn't have the money to re-book it herself. I'll continue to feed and shelter her until she figures out how to get home, but it's going to be awkward. I'm also not looking forward to the humiliation when I have to tell friends and family that we're breaking up. The kids are away at their mother's until xmas eve, but we're supposed to be having xmas dinner with them and my parents. Not sure I can bluff my way through the day.

Hurting and feeling very stupid right now.
    Don't hurt yourself more, let that 'woman' move out of your place ASAP as she will give you more grief and more troubles in the future ...you have mentioned you have kids let them be your inspiration to move on with your life..
    Goodluck and hope you find true happiness in the future.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by yna View Post
    Good day. I need advise urgently.. I met a guy who live in uk, he decided to visit me here after 2 years of knowing each other over the net..he seems to be nice and sincere but there a bid problem tonight is the night his going to arrive here in manila philippines but he got hold in jail on malasia, violation of carrying a big amount of money now the lady officer at the jail center asking me if i can pay his penalty of 1000 us dollars for his release and to get all his things.. Sadly i dont have that big amount to pay vail him out i ask my friend if he can ask help from his friends from uk but he said they are all busy working and have no time to help him out... I dont know what to do now, he is so very angry with me because i couldn't help him and continue to travel here in the philippines... Please need advice what should i do??
    Forget the guy..i know it sounds ridiculous!! but he is giving you problems even if you haven't met yet or is about to meet??but how??..just move on girl...''Men are like buses,...If you miss one, another one will come in 10mins''
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

His from London, they called me 3 times and force me to find a way to get some money to pay the fine...i already told him that i dont have that kind of money and should be his parents who he is calling to ask some help but he said that his not living with his parents and he dont have any brothers or sisters...

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Why do people ignore the rules ?

Haven't they heard of ATMs ?
    that's what i thought to... besides his been traveling to many places he should have known that its not allowed to carry big cash whenever you visit other country...

Trusted Member
    Forcing you ?

Tell him to get lost !

Hi yna... welcome to the forum..

I have just been reading your threads and am sorry for your predicament today!

Like everyone else.. this story does not stack up!!
    I have spent some time in Kuala Lumpur...do you know which airline he was flying? Rightly if he is in transit to Manila he should not need to pass through Immigration & Customs.
    However if he has a budget airline (Cebu Pac or AirAsia ) connection then he would have done as he would need to transfer from KLIA to LCCT.

No matter again why is the "jail lady" calling you? If this happened today then he would surely still be in the hands of the Customs staff at the Airport.

Malaysia does as stated by others have quite strict immigration and customs procedures.

His calls for help should be directed to his family & friends and if they do not help then he should be getting in touch with the British High Commission in KL NOT you!

Sever all contact now and make new friends here.....

DO NOT LET THIS EFFECT YOUR CHRISTMAS...

Rgds

thanks alan, actually it happened to me twice now..the first one is about the package sent to from uk drop in malasia it also onhold because of some violation and they want me to pay the penalty of 550$ but i cant afford that so i told to my friend to refound the package coz it has importart items inside,.. i was only wondering why they need to stop ove at malasia why not send it or have a flight direct to manila so they dont have problems like this..

Yna, tread very carefully, sounds like a real scam artist.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Yna, tread very carefully, sounds like a real scam artist.
    thanks steve

yna I'm sorry to hear of your problems. makes me wonder why he lead you along for a couple of years?
    But no genuine boyfriend would ask you to do such a thing. Stick around here, there's lots of good people here.

Merry Christmas

Hi Yna,

Everything sounds strange.. and for the KL immigration officers to be calling you when the two of you haven't even meet.
    Your bf should be calling the UK Embassy for assistance and not ask you to pay for his "stupidity" of bringing this "large amount of money"
    Trust your feelings that this is truly a scam.
    Life as we make it

thank you very much for all the advice,,, merry christmas to u all

welcome to the forum yna...
    like everybody said.. this is a real scam... you've been asked to pay penalty twice hmmmmm... i suggest that you forget this guy and move on

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    ''Men are like buses,...If you miss one, another one will come in 10mins''

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information