Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Fiancee Visa still on the process... Im just worried that it will not be successful..

Hi all, Im new here and I badly need your opinions. I am a single mom and I have a 4 year old daughter. Me and my fiance met on a dating website last feb 2010, we have found out that we are inlove with each other, so, he decided to visit me here in the Philippines and we feel more inlove with each other in person and yes, we decided to get engage. he did visit me here twice last Sept and this month of October and going back on the 31st. We have submitted all the requirements needed except for the p60 tax, He didnt payed tax in his country (UK) because of the nature of his job is an offshore, he was working in Cuba and many other countries. He was working as an offshore submarine diver and he doesnt have any problems when it comes to financial. He owns properties and has sufficient bank statements. Is there a big chance that my fiancee visa will not approve because of this p60 tax that he cant provide??

Im just so worried because we spent a big amount on this thing and afraid that the embassy will just refuse it. Fyi, we didnt directly forward the requirements to the embassy, we applied through a trusted agency here in the Philippines (Cebu). In addition, we are still on the process to send more handwritten letters with each other. The agency told us that the minimum requirements of hand written letters should be 30pieces with each other. I have 8 letters received from him and he received 8 letters coming from me too, is this enough?? since, Christmas is fast approaching he wanted me and my daughter to bring over in his country so that we can celebrate it there. We have asked the agency that how many months or weeks does the fiancee visa will approve and they said, approximately 3-6months but I have read some of the members who had experience in filing their fiancee visa it took only 4-5 weeks for them.

How many percentage will my fiancee visa approved??? what is your opinion regarding my status?? please enlighten us...

Many thanks,

Faye

Quote Originally Posted by Faye_and_Brian View Post
    we applied through a trusted agency here in the Philippines (Cebu). In addition, we are still on the process to send more handwritten letters with each other. The agency told us that the minimum requirements of hand written letters should be 30pieces with each other. I have 8 letters received from him and he received 8 letters coming from me too, is this enough?? since, Christmas is fast approaching he wanted me and my daughter to bring over in his country so that we can celebrate it there. We have asked the agency that how many months or weeks does the fiancee visa will approve and they said, approximately 3-6months but I have read some of the members who had experience in filing their fiancee visa it took only 4-5 weeks for them.

How many percentage will my fiancee visa approved??? what is your opinion regarding my status?? please enlighten us...

Many thanks,

Faye
    30 letters each , and i thought snail mail was dead , i think hardly anyone sends letters to each other, unless you don't have access to internet, don't you have chat logs ? , nothing wrong with letters if you've kept the envelopes probably the best form of evidence of your relationship

how long would it take, no one knows, could be days or weeks, i very much doubt more than 3 months

have you been married b4? is the father of your child named on their birth certificate ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    30 letters each , and i thought snail mail was dead , i think hardly anyone sends letters to each other, unless you don't have access to internet, don't you have chat logs ? , nothing wrong with letters if you've kept the envelopes probably the best form of evidence of your relationship

how long would it take, no one knows, could be days or weeks, i very much doubt more than 3 months

have you been married b4? is the father of your child named on their birth certificate ?
    yes they said 30 letters but so much worried because we were sending almost 30 letters now but we only received 8 letters each!! some are gone!!!

Nope, i never been married before and yes! the last name of my daughter was named under her father because our president before was declared that we can use the name of the father of the child eventhough we are not yet married, I was so stupid that I let him bring the name of my daughter but on the other side, was also afraid that it will mark on her birth certificate as eligitimate but then there is no problem with that the agency said, what I worried the most is the p60 tax of my fiance well, I will just crossed my fingers...

yes they said 30 letters but so much worried because we were sending almost 30 letters now but we only received 8 letters each!! some are gone!!!

Nope, i never been married before and yes! the last name of my daughter was named under her father because our president before was declared that we can use the name of the father of the child eventhough we are not yet married, I was so stupid that I let him bring the name of my daughter but on the other side, was also afraid that it will mark on her birth certificate as eligitimate but then there is no problem with that the agency said, what I worried the most is the p60 tax of my fiance well, I will just crossed my fingers...

he must have some form of tax certificate from his employer?

i take it then the father doesn't have any contact with the child ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

@joeblogss... nope.. we only provided printed emails.. the agency didnt ask about chat logs but they still didnt pass our requirements in embassy, I have to check on it first but anyway, thank you for that.. we will include it to our requirements here.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    he must have some form of tax certificate from his employer?

i take it then the father doesn't have any contact with the child ?
    nope he said they dont need to pay for tax when you are working outside the country...

@joebloggs... he have not earned for about 8 years in this country for this tax certification, he is retired already.

nope the father of my child doesnt have any contact with her anymore in about 1 year...

Hi Faye.

Not sure about the TAX information but as for the letters, when we applied we gave mostly chat logs and emails and only a couple of letters each way so I wouldn't stress about that. Ive never heard of 30 letters being needed and think you have may have been advised wrongly.

Hope this helps a little.

Good luck.

@smiler... yes I think so but maybe our agency wanted to be ready and to make it sure that all of the documents are properly organized and its good too that you reach more the expectations of that person who is going to approve our visa especially the consultant from the embassy. By the way, I just got my CFO certificate and maybe this week I have an schedule for medical exams or biometrics...

@joebloggs.. yes he has another form of tax certificate but not the p60, the father of my daughter havent seen her for a while I think 1 and a half year...

weeeewww... CFO seminar took for me one day.

Sorry guys! just got online here, was very busy for few weeks . Here is my experience on filing my Fiancee Visa, hope this helps.

We processed our application through an agency, they asked me to provide this following:

1.) NSO Birth certificate
    2.) Copy of your local birth certificate
    3.) NSO CENOMAR (Certificate of no marriage)
    4.) Baptismal certificate
    5.) NBI Clerance (purpose is to travel Europe)
    6.) 20 pieces pictures together
    7.) Passport ( the new one)
    8,) If you have a child please submit a NSO Birth certificate of your child

And for my Fiance:

1.) CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE
    2.) HOW YOU MEET STATEMENT ( IT SHOULD BE DETAILED)
    3.) FIRST PAGE COPY OF PASSPORT- CERTIFIED TRUE COPY
    4.) STAMPS OF PORT OF ENTRIES – CERTIFIED TRUE COPY
    5.) PHOTOCOPY OF ITINERARY OF TRAVEL DURING THE VISIT
    6.) PHOTOCOPY OF TICKET STUBS IF ANY
    7.) BANK STATEMENTS FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS AND SAVINGS ACCOUNT
    8.) MORTGAGE STATEMENT OR RENTAL ( LEASE AGREEMENT) OF YOUR HOME
    9.) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT TO CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE EMPLOYED
    10.) SALARY STATEMENT FOR PAST 6 MONTHS
    11.) P60 TAX STATEMENT OF EARNINGS (MOST RECENT)
    12.) LAND TITLES
    13.) CAR REGISTRATION
    14.) EMAILS AND HAND WRITTEN LETTERS FROM YOUR FIANCEE
    15.) PHONE BILLS
    16.) HAND WRITTEN LETTER OF SUPPORT ADDRESSED TO FIANCEE ( A LETTER TELLING HER THAT YOU WILL SUPPORT HER FINANCIALLY, EMOTIONALLY,PHYSICALLY, ALL KINDS OF SUPPORT WHEN SHE’S ALREADY IN UK.
    17.) COVERING LETTER WRITTEN BY YOU ADDRESSED TO THE ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICE, BRITTISH EMBASSY MANILA THAT YOU WISH TO APPLY AN ENTRY CLEARANCE FOR YOUR FIANCE.

After 3days of the CFO Seminar which is Friday (Nov. 05,2010), I went to Manila to lodge all our application. I got a text message from VFS that my application has been dispatched to the British Embassy on Monday (Nov. 08,2010), I was very excited if what will be the result on it, on Wednesday (Nov. 10) got a text message from them that the processed visa application has been couriered with the application number via 2go, I was very excited and felt like I had a butterflies in stomach every minute of that day, I cant even sleep of thinking about it! but Alas! I was so happy that I got a good result after that day, my Fiancee Visa has been approved in just only 2 days!.

I went directly to CFO office because of my excitement that I got the visa and so that I can get a sticker from them, I was very disappointed because they said that they cant stamp my passport because the visa is not yet valid until the day of January 15th, 2011. I was arguing by the officer encharge because why they cant stamp/put a sticker on it since the visa is already there!, I just got an answer that your visa is not yet valid . they can put a sticker on it during the validity period of my visa, the only problem I got is, we booked a flight already! and there is no office in Cebu on Saturday! how can I manage this?? they advised me that you can go to Manila CFO branch office since it is inside the Airport and is operating 24 hours, but how can I manage? if my flight from Cebu-Manila is 900-10:06am and my next flight from Manila-Manama is 12:05pm, I have to look for big NAIA International airport and look for their office first there, imagine?? looking around inside the airport with my 4 year old daughter with me, thats ridiculous!... but good thing that I knew it early and now Im done moving my scheduled flight, instead of January 15th I moved it on January 18th which is Tuesday, I think I can surely get a stamped sticker on it .

My advise to you guys is, if you got the visa and you still dont have CFO sticker stamped on your passport DO NOT book a flight first, it is a big hassle on your part and so much wasting of money. Im just worried of my Fiance because he spent big amount on this matter.

And now, my problem is the travelling ticket agency told me that before I book a flight for my daughter I have to get a REDUCE TAX TRAVEL CERTIFICATE in Department of Tourism before they can book a flight for my daughter and there is a processing fee for 280pesos in DOT and 800pesos to the travel agency, which is all in all cost us to pay 1080pesos for that. I wondered why we have to pay for that certificate??

Thank you so much for the advises here too, it did really help me a lot. For those who still on the process of their visa application, dont worry, it will approve as long as you have trust in Him I know He will help us. Im just so happy that I got my visa now, when me and my daughter will arrive in UK I know this is just a beginning of our life. Please wish me luck for my travel guys!!.

you get there in the end faye

Thank you Joebloggs... this is such a nice forum very informative

Smile Provisionary Bookings

Quote Originally Posted by Faye_and_Brian View Post
    Sorry guys! just got online here, was very busy for few weeks . Here is my experience on filing my Fiancee Visa, hope this helps.

We processed our application through an agency, they asked me to provide this following:

1.) NSO Birth certificate
    2.) Copy of your local birth certificate
    3.) NSO CENOMAR (Certificate of no marriage)
    4.) Baptismal certificate
    5.) NBI Clerance (purpose is to travel Europe)
    6.) 20 pieces pictures together
    7.) Passport ( the new one)
    8,) If you have a child please submit a NSO Birth certificate of your child

And for my Fiance:

1.) CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE
    2.) HOW YOU MEET STATEMENT ( IT SHOULD BE DETAILED)
    3.) FIRST PAGE COPY OF PASSPORT- CERTIFIED TRUE COPY
    4.) STAMPS OF PORT OF ENTRIES – CERTIFIED TRUE COPY
    5.) PHOTOCOPY OF ITINERARY OF TRAVEL DURING THE VISIT
    6.) PHOTOCOPY OF TICKET STUBS IF ANY
    7.) BANK STATEMENTS FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS AND SAVINGS ACCOUNT
    8.) MORTGAGE STATEMENT OR RENTAL ( LEASE AGREEMENT) OF YOUR HOME
    9.) LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT TO CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE EMPLOYED
    10.) SALARY STATEMENT FOR PAST 6 MONTHS
    11.) P60 TAX STATEMENT OF EARNINGS (MOST RECENT)
    12.) LAND TITLES
    13.) CAR REGISTRATION
    14.) EMAILS AND HAND WRITTEN LETTERS FROM YOUR FIANCEE
    15.) PHONE BILLS
    16.) HAND WRITTEN LETTER OF SUPPORT ADDRESSED TO FIANCEE ( A LETTER TELLING HER THAT YOU WILL SUPPORT HER FINANCIALLY, EMOTIONALLY,PHYSICALLY, ALL KINDS OF SUPPORT WHEN SHE’S ALREADY IN UK.
    17.) COVERING LETTER WRITTEN BY YOU ADDRESSED TO THE ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICE, BRITTISH EMBASSY MANILA THAT YOU WISH TO APPLY AN ENTRY CLEARANCE FOR YOUR FIANCE.

After 3days of the CFO Seminar which is Friday (Nov. 05,2010), I went to Manila to lodge all our application. I got a text message from VFS that my application has been dispatched to the British Embassy on Monday (Nov. 08,2010), I was very excited if what will be the result on it, on Wednesday (Nov. 10) got a text message from them that the processed visa application has been couriered with the application number via 2go, I was very excited and felt like I had a butterflies in stomach every minute of that day, I cant even sleep of thinking about it! but Alas! I was so happy that I got a good result after that day, my Fiancee Visa has been approved in just only 2 days!.

I went directly to CFO office because of my excitement that I got the visa and so that I can get a sticker from them, I was very disappointed because they said that they cant stamp my passport because the visa is not yet valid until the day of January 15th, 2011. I was arguing by the officer encharge because why they cant stamp/put a sticker on it since the visa is already there!, I just got an answer that your visa is not yet valid . they can put a sticker on it during the validity period of my visa, the only problem I got is, we booked a flight already! and there is no office in Cebu on Saturday! how can I manage this?? they advised me that you can go to Manila CFO branch office since it is inside the Airport and is operating 24 hours, but how can I manage? if my flight from Cebu-Manila is 900-10:06am and my next flight from Manila-Manama is 12:05pm, I have to look for big NAIA International airport and look for their office first there, imagine?? looking around inside the airport with my 4 year old daughter with me, thats ridiculous!... but good thing that I knew it early and now Im done moving my scheduled flight, instead of January 15th I moved it on January 18th which is Tuesday, I think I can surely get a stamped sticker on it .

My advise to you guys is, if you got the visa and you still dont have CFO sticker stamped on your passport DO NOT book a flight first, it is a big hassle on your part and so much wasting of money. Im just worried of my Fiance because he spent big amount on this matter.

And now, my problem is the travelling ticket agency told me that before I book a flight for my daughter I have to get a REDUCE TAX TRAVEL CERTIFICATE in Department of Tourism before they can book a flight for my daughter and there is a processing fee for 280pesos in DOT and 800pesos to the travel agency, which is all in all cost us to pay 1080pesos for that. I wondered why we have to pay for that certificate??

Thank you so much for the advises here too, it did really help me a lot. For those who still on the process of their visa application, dont worry, it will approve as long as you have trust in Him I know He will help us. Im just so happy that I got my visa now, when me and my daughter will arrive in UK I know this is just a beginning of our life. Please wish me luck for my travel guys!!.
    Hello Faye,

I would like to ask you about Provisionary Bookings if you have made some arrangements to include in your supporting documents as you applied for Settlement Visa. Because my fiance and me applied for Fiance Settlement Visa last week and the ECO already contacted our solicitor in London that we need to provide some proofs that we have made some arrangements or some plans for the wedding and we have been given 3 weeks. Do you have some advice on some lists of provisionary bookings....I Would really appreciate your reply.

Thank you,

Krissy

hello

Hello Faye and Brian,

Please give me some advices of some provisional bookings pls pls pls reply soon as possible....

Thread Information