Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: visa rise

london well away from those people up norf

visa rise

What great news still trying to find out more information but the spouse visa looks like its gone up to 500 pounds as i think the ilr visa via post. If i caught the news on channel four news citzenship has also gone up by a huge amount.

Doing some reading up as i find out more i will post it unless somebody beats me to it.

visa rise

Hi everyone, I've just checked the visa situation out as from the 1st of April 2007 instead of paying £260 it will rise to £500 for a settlement visa.

So if you know anyone applying for settlement visa get them to get it in before the 1st April which is only 3 weeks away with a couple of days to spare.

Regards from Gingxrick

335 now up to 750 pounds to apply for ilr by post after april1 07

500 pounds now up to 950 pounds to apply for ilr in person at a peo ie croydon or brimingham.

Spouse visa is up from 260 pounds to 500 pounds i guess that includes finace visas as well.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/635...5/fees2007.pdf

Heres a link to more details looks like we will both be doing the overtime once back from our trip to phill

I have just found a link for the proposed fees in the uk visa section.

Shocking amounts but hey this is the goverment where if you don't have loads of money your buggered. Im waiting for the tax on breathing the air in the uk.

Hi, It didnt say anything about FLR or Ilr but I suppose it to will be going up.

Hopefully rob you just miss these fee increase?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    335 now up to 750 pounds to apply for ilr by post after april1 07

500 pounds now up to 950 pounds to apply for ilr in person at a peo ie croydon or brimingham.

Spouse visa is up from 260 pounds to 500 pounds i guess that includes finace visas as well.

Heres a link to more details looks like we will both be doing the overtime once back from our trip to phill
    Yes Andy, looks like Elsa is the lucky one here, she's missed the price rise and the lifeinthe uk test.

All this to pay for the IND to send visa overstayers text messages to go home Anyone hear about that in the news?

The 2 threads about this price rise have been merged here together.

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Im waiting for the tax on breathing the air in the uk.
    You already pay that, it's called Kyoto were we pay for carbon free air from other countries.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    All this to pay for the IND to send visa overstayers text messages to go home

I have loads of free texst left over each month from my mobile account can i give them to the goverment and get a discount?

It seems a bit big brother. If they have their mobile number can't they locate the phone to the nearest 200meters anyway?

well the page will not open with the prices on , but hell if its gone up iam gonna complain

this made me laugh from IND website 'generating the revenue for the next four years to help fund the transformation of the immigration system, and maintaining the global competitiveness of the UK as a place to work, visit and do business. We believe that those who benefit most from coming to the UK should contribute most to funding the end to end system. The charging system must be fair to those who use the system, in terms of the price paid for the visa and attached entitlements; and fair to the UK taxpayer, who will continue to support the immigration system that brings benefits and enrichment to this country.'

now the gov is not telling me, that to process a visa app, they charged £335 and thats subsidized by the tax payer , what the is going on there?

it talks about fair, how about giving a fair charge to those eastern europeans who come and work here? , 400,000+ came to work here last year and paid their £70 for a work permit and Once you have been working legally in the UK for 12 months without a break you will have full rights of free movement and will no longer need to register on the Worker Registration scheme. You can then get a residence permit confirming your right to live and work in the UK.

it sounds to me its the british citizen whos born here, pays taxes here, and married a non european who is subsidizing immigation for the tidal wave of eastern europeans who come to the UK.

Banned
    Yes Andy, looks like Elsa is the lucky one here, she's missed the price rise and the lifeinthe uk test.

All this to pay for the IND to send visa overstayers text messages to go home Anyone hear about that in the news?

Sorry guys...

This were being a EU national in the UK pays off.

As far as I could find out, I don't have to pay a penny in Visa fees.
    To make double sure, I did phone the Embassy in Manila, and the clerk at the other end, confirmed it for me.
    To me, it seems all a bit strange, but I am not complaining about this particular situation.

I sympathize with you all.

Dom

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Sorry guys...

This were being a EU national in the UK pays off.

As far as I could find out, I don't have to pay a penny in Visa fees.
    To make double sure, I did phone the Embassy in Manila, and the clerk at the other end, confirmed it for me.
    To me, it seems all a bit strange, but I am not complaining about this particular situation.

I sympathize with you all.

Dom
    What?

Can you just clarify that? Maybe your confusing this with a Schengen Visa which is free anyway?

well i was going to crawl back to work tomoz with my damaged back.

but instead iam off to phone CAB, IND, write to me MP, and complain, about how can they push the price from £335 to £750, i've got a wife, a 6 yr old, a 4 month old baby and a teenager to support and in 4 wks they want me to pay £1500 for 2 visa's , oh as well as the £68 i just paid for the 'living in the uk' test, and another thing , how come the eastern euros dont have to take it ?

Its just another tax rise against the innocent british people born here who wish to marry their loved ones, especially if they are foreign, and come to think of it anyone and everyone. Someone mentioned earlier in their thread about having to be rich to be british. Actually you only benefit in this country if you wear a hoodie, steal cars, claim benefits, refuse education and drop out, have ten kids to 6 different women etc etc..... Thats were youre better off. If you do try to get up and do something with your life youre gonna get money stolen from you in every direction. I had a tax return late form sent to me the other day. I checked my account to see if the 1500+ pound cheque I sent with it had been banked, and sure as eggs it had. Then I rang the muppets who messed up and they said I would have to make an appeal against the fine. Which I found out today would cost 75 quid if i get my accountant to do the appeal. When I called back to ask if HMRC were prepared to foot the bill seeing as it was obviously their mistake I was told - you guessed it - get lost it your problem !!!!!
    Mentioning this to a friend he said (and this is a staunch labour supporter) I would get fined less for assaulting some random person on the street, smashing a few shop windows up and generally being a ****. Point taken.
    So my only other alternative is do nothing and hope that HMRC 'go away'. OR get my accountant to do the appeal and the take HMRC to court to recover the costs. What do you guys think I should do ? Seems like I am creamed whichever I do. Seems to me we no longer live in a democracy, so I'll be voting MRLP next election.

Rant over. Thanks for reading guys.
    Wena&Russ

PS. I am off to Phils at xmas to get my teeth done - instead of waiting 18 months for a filliing on our new superduper streamline NHS. Streamline in labour terms means cutting the staff to such a bare minimum that they dont actually exist. And my mum will finally get her soft tissue scan done in Manilla - she has now been waiting for this simple procedure for 2 years. And I know there is a soft tissue scanner in our local hospital - problem no one is qulified to use it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wena&Russ

I want to complain, why not, people who you dont know, they dont know you, yet they have the right to effect your life. I think it could cause problems for my wife if i complained about it.

the law and justice in this country is a joke, story i read last night just made me

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...._9_months.html

why didnt he get 10yrs or life ? this is just one up country.
    his defence claiming under home secretary guide rules he should not get a prison sentance as hes not dangerous and persistent.

i give up , soon as i've paid off my debts and saved a bit of , i'll be off to new zeland, Australia or the philippines..

Typical British...moaning about everything, and yet we live in the best country in the World, every other country is jealous of us, and I prove this time & time again every time I go to another country.

I'd have property in other countries for holidays, but the UK is always 'home'.

Regardless of what charges are there, they are still cheaper than a trip to the Phil for hubby & wife, and if you don't agree with the charges, move to the Phil. Simple.

It'll cost way more than £1,500 a year once your beloved is here .....one Papaya £2.40 ....that's £125 a year ......never mind the rest

Respected Member
    this is another example of the normal hard worker here being shafted again.
    remember the BLAIR speech, we welcome all to this country who come legally, YEH, i wonder why.
    How can we as a group make our complaint to BLAIR about this overpriced increase in charges, Any ideas?

Respected Member
    keith, i think that you are being unfair with your comment to people who may not be in the same financial position as yourself.
    i am ok financially , my complaint is that it is a rip off,

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Typical British...moaning about everything, and yet we live in the best country in the World, every other country is jealous of us, and I prove this time & time again every time I go to another country.

I'd have property in other countries for holidays, but the UK is always 'home'.

Regardless of what charges are there, they are still cheaper than a trip to the Phil for hubby & wife, and if you don't agree with the charges, move to the Phil. Simple.

It'll cost way more than £1,500 a year once your beloved is here .....one Papaya £2.40 ....that's £125 a year ......never mind the rest

well I'm a lucky one, my wife doesn't eat Papaya
    moaning lol, want action not moaning, like the guy who crippled the 5yr old, after he ran over the lolly pop lady, she and the parents of the 5yr should have run over that legs, and made sure he never made it a 3rd time.

thats the probs with british they moan a bit but put up with it, most dont go that bit further and do something about it.

as for agreeing, the increase of the charges was decided by a 'lord' not mr public, where £400+ is meal for 2 in his fav restaurant, but for most its more than a weeks pay.

iam waiting for my new community charge bill, no doubt it will be increased more than inflation again, also the increase in gas, electric, water, petrol, tv licence, car insurance, everythnig is always quick to go up, and always above inflaction, yet takes long time to come down if it ever does..

you really think people in the south of france, New zeland , Australia , Spain, Italy are really jealous of this country

I'dont think so.. ive never meet many people from those countires here in the Uk, yes i agree this country is better than some, esp the old eastern block, thats why they are here.

Holy crap!!!

I hope those who apply before this date wont have to pay extra if their visa is issued after it?

They are all jealous of our health service, which is one of the best in the world, regardless of what the press try and make it look.

If I had to pay for my medication, it would cost me around £500 a month in the USA, and that does not include seeing a doc. 2/3rds of folk in the US cannot afford medical insurance.

Business in most Europeans countries is worse off than the UK, and we have pretty fair taxation here, especially compared to the likes of Germany, Italy, etc.

We have a better spread of sport in this country, excellent gambling laws , a justice system that is biased towards the criminal, but that is the same in most Western countries these days, in the US if you have no ID when your are pulled up, you go to jail until you prove who you are, not here.

In the US it is a lot harder to get residency these days.

Banned

Yeah, who wants to live in America anyway Give me sunny Aberystwyth anyday

Yeah, who wants to live in America anyway Give me sunny Aberystwyth anyday
    You can have it, no one else wants it!!

i will be applying for flr before april 2 or i have to pay 750 quid....

Filipina a born survivor!

They are all jealous of our health service, which is one of the best in the world, regardless of what the press try and make it look.

If I had to pay for my medication, it would cost me around £500 a month in the USA, and that does not include seeing a doc. 2/3rds of folk in the US cannot afford medical insurance.

Business in most Europeans countries is worse off than the UK, and we have pretty fair taxation here, especially compared to the likes of Germany, Italy, etc.

We have a better spread of sport in this country, excellent gambling laws , a justice system that is biased towards the criminal, but that is the same in most Western countries these days, in the US if you have no ID when your are pulled up, you go to jail until you prove who you are, not here.

the NHS is in a real state, you only have to see on the news and in the news papers, redundancies, cut backs, closures, this isnt made up by the press, even our local maternity unit, a 3 star rated hospital is facing closure, so pregnant women from salford will have to travel to bolton gen, which is a 1 star rated hospital.

some people have to pay for their medication as the nhs will not, iam not knocking the nhs, my wife works for it, they do a good job, but their on a sinking ship., and this under a labour government

the NHS is in a real state, you only have to see on the news and in the news papers, redundancies, cut backs, closures, this isnt made up by the press, even our local maternity unit, a 3 star rated hospital is facing closure, so pregnant women from salford will have to travel to bolton gen, which is a 1 star rated hospital.

some people have to pay for their medication as the nhs will not, iam not knocking the nhs, my wife works for it, they do a good job, but their on a sinking ship., and this under a labour government
    This is a prime example of media brainwashing. The news only pick up on the minority things, "people left dieing on trolleys"....well news for you...some people do die before they get to a doc...."My wife died in corridor", probably did, but they treat millions of patients, and as we are human, mistakes will ALWAYS happen.

Cutbacks & closures - The NHS is going through a change for the better, managers are now being made to account for the £Billions they have lost over the last few decades. Most hospitals are in profit, the minority that are not is due to bad management, not lack of funds.

Very very few people in this country do not pay for there medication, it is all heabily subsidised. Take a box of 100 Co-Proxamol, simple painkillers, free for me, £8 is it if you need to pay? Europe & USA? £70 a box. I use 2-3 of those a month.

I know a lot of folk in different areas of the health service, and it has improved for the better over the last decade.

I agree with most of that but i think the ID situation is going to change if they get them ID cards implemented

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information