Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    hi rani i think rani you would never have to say sorry
    because i'll stay single??? oh steve....

don't say that te rani.. lots of single men out there whom u deserve for a lifetime...

If I have done something wrong, then I am not afraid to admit it and say sorry, sometimes I may say it too many times, but I like to make sure that everything is ok between the other person and myself and the problem has been sorted, as I hate having a bad atmosphere.

For me whatever happened that caused any problem I must have it finished before we sleep . Period.
    A hug, sweet words etc etc I will do anything to smooth things, but I never want to sleep before we are in good terms.
    Is that being weak?
    Not for me.
    Unless it's something really marriage damaging. Then I would need to think more and probably would not go to bed until I had a clear mind. Can't see that happening, usually any problems are just normal couple small disagreements.
    Men are from Mars Women from Venus ( see previous Thread)

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Win2Win: I always say sorry.... even though I'm always right
    Errr...who says you're always right?

But yeah, he does say sorry

my two cents: I think it depends on the way you've built your relationship. I've been in relationships where even I got defensive and did anything to get out of saying sorry. Those were relationships with guys who didn't want to sit with me and discuss what happened, why things were said/done, and what we could have done differently.

I think when I first started dating my bf, we were the same way. But we figured out soon enough that if we wanted to make things work being this far apart, we had to talk things through without letting things fester between us. He's learned to apologise for things he's done, and I've learned to swallow my pride and do the same. We still get back into the old habit of making excuses instead of admitting we'd made mistakes, but as long as we correct things as soon as we notice, it's all good.

Pride is never easy to swallow. It's easier to mumble an apology when you've bumped into someone than it is to admit you've made a mistake when you were damn sure you were doing things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    For instance ... how many of us have, on the odd occasion, bumped into a lamp'post and found ourselves saying: "Sorry"?!
    *raises hand* LOL! I don't think that's the kind of apology she's asking about.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    i agree with u dontpushme..it depends on the way the couple has built on the relationship..i always say sorry to him if i think i've offended him..it doesn't matter if he's really offended or not..and he does the same thing too..whether small/big arguments, if both of u know that nothing and no one is perfect and is entitled to some misunderstandings, saying sorry is not hard..good thing with his and my wacko attitudes we both know how and when to say sorry.. though i'm the one who say it often and he usually has to do a lot of convincing that he's not offended or not pissed off after the misunderstandings..haha

a lot of people expecially in the phils find it hard to say it simply b'coz they are ashame to admit their fault or shy for the mistake they have done.

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    a lot of people expecially in the phils find it hard to say it simply b'coz they are ashame to admit their fault or shy for the mistake they have done.
    I think otherwise. Thought Filipinos say sorry for everything! We have an overpowering guilty conscience because of history and religion.
    "The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Some men find it hard to say sorry when caught in an argument with partner because '' they think'' they are always right
    Im just lucky to end up with a man who knows how to say '' sorry'' and who is '' right all the time''
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    *raises hand* LOL! I don't think that's the kind of apology she's asking about.
    ... just my 'little' !

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    For me whatever happened that caused any problem I must have it finished before we sleep . Period.
    A hug, sweet words etc etc I will do anything to smooth things, but I never want to sleep before we are in good terms.
    Is that being weak?
    Not for me.
    Unless it's something really marriage damaging. Then I would need to think more and probably would not go to bed until I had a clear mind. Can't see that happening, usually any problems are just normal couple small disagreements.
    Men are from Mars Women from Venus ( see previous Thread)
    its not weak, thats just you terpe.. hopefully my husband and i can do that' talk and fix wat is the problem then aftr that ...thats the best way to make peace with wife and husband..

thank's terpe...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Errr...who says you're always right?

But yeah, he does say sorry
    oohh so boss say sorry, he's good boy too then lol..

and I've learned to swallow my pride and do the same. We still get back into the old habit of making excuses instead of admitting we'd made mistakes, but as long as we correct things as soon as we notice, it's all good.

Pride is never easy to swallow. It's easier to mumble an apology when you've bumped into someone than it is to admit you've made a mistake when you were damn sure you were doing things right.

same as me girl.. most of the time i prefer to swallow my pride than not talking to him all day..

Quote Originally Posted by miss.piggy View Post
    I think otherwise. Thought Filipinos say sorry for everything! We have an overpowering guilty conscience because of history and religion.
    i agree..

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Some men find it hard to say sorry when caught in an argument with partner because '' they think'' they are always right
    Im just lucky to end up with a man who knows how to say '' sorry'' and who is '' right all the time''
    is that their nature? men think that they are always right?..

Quote Originally Posted by bher View Post
    met my old friends few days ago and been talking bout our husbands/boyfriends and we have something in common that we chatted about our partners.. complaining why most of men are having a hard time to say SORRY when they commit mistakes or when its their fault??? why they are like that? is EGO involve? or if a guy is older than his wife/gf is it hard/difficult to say SORRY?...
    Personally, it is not difficult to apologise for something I have done or caused, whether knowingly or otherwise! From what I have seen on the forum during my tenure here, the problem from time to time is that when in tampo the woman may not readily accept said apology!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    because i'll stay single??? oh steve....
    rani you may be single for now, but soon you will be happy sharing your life with someone i am sure , but in the mean time you have all us men to talk too

Respected Member
    Not really, Bher ... I have this somewhat annoying [to others!] habit of using the word - without even thinking about it, sometimes; I'm sure we all do!
    Yes I have that habit too Arthur, my ex partner Shona hated that, one of the reasons she dumped me 25 year ago

If you make a mistake and realise it you should have no difficulty in saying sorry, the problem is in recognising that you are at fault in the first place, I think that is where most guys trip up.

Quote Originally Posted by miss.piggy View Post
    just an observation filipinos hardly say the word sorry..well not all. if they do something they just let time heals the gap.

Hey guys, if you're wrong..... then say sorry ... if you know you're 100% right.... then just say sorry anyway.... you want some peace don't you?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

i say sorry so much its the first thing i say when i wake up, so for me its easy....besides whats wrong in letting your wife think shes right all the time
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

... just my 'little' !
    Yeah, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    Personally, it is not difficult to apologise for something I have done or caused, whether knowingly or otherwise! From what I have seen on the forum during my tenure here, the problem from time to time is that when in tampo the woman may not readily accept said apology!
    LOL. From what I see in other women, when they're sulking (nagtatampo), it's better to grovel than to just say a quick "sorry."

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    If you make a mistake and realise it you should have no difficulty in saying sorry, the problem is in recognising that you are at fault in the first place, I think that is where most guys trip up.
    You're quite right. Sometimes men can be so clueless!

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    just an observation filipinos hardly say the word sorry..well not all. if they do something they just let time heals the gap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Hey guys, if you're wrong..... then say sorry ... if you know you're 100% right.... then just say sorry anyway.... you want some peace don't you?
    Don't ever forget who's boss in the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i say sorry so much its the first thing i say when i wake up, so for me its easy....besides whats wrong in letting your wife think shes right all the time
    It's funny to joke about it, but some people (men and women) do resent being told they're wrong.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    LOL. From what I see in other women, when they're sulking (nagtatampo), it's better to grovel than to just say a quick "sorry."
    On a serious note my partner and I have had a very very difficult time this last few months and I was not the one at fault, I have been applying the male equivalent of (nagtatampo) and I have certainly had little in the way of grovelling in return, much as I deserve it

You are right, without going into details I would have been extremely upset with an insincere apology, long drawn out tampo on my part has been more effective

High dudgeon is a trait that my partner expresses at the slightest misunderstanding and often she has simply completely misunderstood the situation it is painful trying to make everything work out all-right in the end because she rarely see's the direction in which I am trying to help, I love her none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth
    It's funny to joke about it, but some people (men and women) do resent being told they're wrong.
    I have read a lot of BAB's posts, I think he is being serious here either that or he has a very very consistent direction to his sense of humour there is a point where you realise you just have to compromise because you love the person.

LOL! I don't see being p***ywhipped as compromising (I'm in no way saying anyone here is that). I've always been headstrong and I know I'd be unhappy with anyone who would give in to me without a fight, or with anyone who wouldn't defend his point of view if he felt strongly about something.

I hope noone takes this to mean I give my bf a hard time. In fact, my friends are still reeling from the discovery that the wildcat they knew (who was just as reliable as any guy in a fistfight or a classroom debate) had been tamed (somewhat).

I have no worries saying sorry whatsoever. The only time i refuse is when it is not my fault - which admittedly it always is!

that will be very NICE and less arguements if ALL the husbands are like you...

i wish all HUSBANDS are like you' lol... then' there will be peace all the time esp when hubby is here...

i agree with that jimottley... if you really LOVE your partners sometimes jst to make them happy and stop the arguements we jst say YES/ AGREE with what ever they tell us.. COMPROMISING each other is also one of the ingredients to a HAPPY and WONDERFUL MARRIED LIFE..

Respected Member
    Its only hard to say sorry, if you dont really mean it..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information