Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Marriage ..is it a deal or no deal??

'A man marries a woman hoping she never changes and a woman marries a man thinking she can change him''

Is this statement true???

Male and Female perspective please
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

im sure its what they believe, but her quest is destined for failure

well we all like to think that we wont change that person but i think we change ourselves we grow into each other, its hard and takes time for this to happen remember we are all individuals trying to be as a couple , we cany always like everything together and going to places together too, as long as you are a couple and deside as a couple then things will be ok ,

not if u marry the right one

It all depends on eachother's outlook and what they are looking for.

I am happy with my choice of Asawa, and dont want her to change, of course not, she is the most beautiful person I know, inside and out. Will she want to change me?? why would she? She knows me and my heart already.
    We accept that we are different, from opposite sides of the earth, and we do things and think in different ways, but arn't they the qualities we fell in love with in the first place?

Therefore: no change for either of us.

On a side thought. How many men women are 'forced' to change for the sake of the partner? Example, the loss or total acceptance of the other's culture. Becoming materialistic and embracing the trappings of modern 'western' culture. That for me is more worrying.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

when you love somebody, you love him for who he is and not for who/what you want him to be

easier said than done!!!

Respected Member
    It's partly true, my missus has changed me and probably for the good!

Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    when you love somebody, you love him for who he is and not for who/what you want him to be

easier said than done!!!
    i agree with you te rani.. you don't have to change a person/ you can't change a person.. we just have to be real with what ever we are to our partner.. weather he/she hates something bout his/her partner' all they have to do is talk and then its up to the person if he/shey want to change for theirself/ be better or want to change because for someone they truely love without forcing...

I think couples are blinded by love that's why they cant hardly see the transformation/changes happening in their married life.

...personally, i dont mind changes ,if we can grow together with those changes why not???

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    I think couples are blinded by love that's why they cant hardly see the transformation/changes happening in their married life.

...personally, i dont mind changes ,if we can grow together with those changes why not???
    people change thier attitude,personality etc when we grow and get matured.. same here sars' i don't mind changes esp if its for the better but i will definitely do that not beacause someone told me or for other people i will do it for myself i think ..

Quote Originally Posted by bher View Post
    people change thier attitude,personality etc when we grow and get matured.. same here sars' i don't mind changes esp if its for the better but i will definitely do that not beacause someone told me or for other people i will do it for myself i think ..
    Not all people that grow gets maturity bher (physically yes!! mentally...question mark???)

Not all people that grow gets maturity bher (physically yes!! mentally...question mark???)

hahha, yes sometimes other people are stil immature even if they are already in their aged..

i marry my husband just the way he is and no plans of changing him the way i want him to be and vice versa....one thing i always hear from married couple that after a year or so their partners changed in one way or another but i dont believe on that...u cannot change a person behavior or attitude...its part of them since the day they born...i believe that they dont change at all they just starting to feel comfortable showing who they really are...its different being just a bf/gf and living in one roof as a couple...i have been with my husband for nearly 9 years now and yet each day i discover new things about him.

What can happen is that one of you grows and some times the other is left behind feeling resentful
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Thread Information