Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

:Help1: need help: expedite marriage license

my fiance is coming to visit me for the 2nd time this month and we're planning to get married but he was given only 11 days off from work. he will arrive here 30th of october and go back to uk on the 10th of november. that means we will not have enough time to get through all the process of waiting like 10 days for the issuance of marriage license. someone advised me that we could quicken the days of waiting by just paying some cash to one of the municipal officer or back date the application date. now if we are going to do that, will that cause a problem to my spouse visa application? or is there any way (legal) that we can speed up the process?

please help me!

desperately need some advice here!

hi mish.. we have same situations... my hubby always come here in a 11 or 12 days visit and no time to process marriage license.. so what we did.. we plan to marry in the uk... weeeeeeeeeeee... visit and marry in uk... more legal ...

why dont you delay it until he can take a little longer off work?

its your wedding, once (or thrice) in a lifetime, so why risk bribing someone and have things go wrong at a later date? good luck

no legal way to speed it up u have to wait at least 10 days for the marriage license and 1 day to release to CNI at the embassy...

my understanding its 10 days and collection on 11th day, cni from the embassy can be collected by your fiance before you arrive

thank you guys so much! i think i might just go for a fiance visa we really want to be together very soon because we're expecting a baby

hello mish!!
    Yes it is close to impossible to marry with just 11days visit in the Philippines ... all the documents/seminar/legal papers to attend to before the Big Day!! ...
    why not apply for a fiance visa? check out http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/index.aspx
    goodluck!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

mish, getting married in a hurry just to speed things up for you to settle in the UK won't help either. Better get a fiance visa. Same thing that happened to me. Though I only applied for family visit visa as I don't want to live in the UK, only to meet his parents. We got married and when I applied for visa it was denied. We appealed though and just had a call earlier that visa is ready but not cleared.

you see, your husband needs to get that certificate in the UK and when he arrives here, it will need to be converted to local CNI which will take 30 minutes tops along with another 70 pounds payment, then you need to attend the DSWD seminar, have your brgy. certificate ready, you also need to get his NSO CENOMAR and yours too which will take another 3 days. SO give the 11 days off from work, you basically do not have the time. Paying corrupt municipal officials won't help either as you will never know it might be just a fake since it doesn't follow to conformed standards of marriage in the Phils.
    Best of luck for you mish. God bless you.
    Life as we make it

You need more time to get everything sorted. Marriage license will take 10 days or more. Plus you have to attend counseling. It will be easy if you get marry in the UK less hassle. I had Church wedding in the phil. and it took us a year to plan everything. Well, we were not in rush anyway..And take note the waiting time for Authenticated MC is up to 3 months or more. Good luck on your plans. Hope it will all goes well.

Thread Information