Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

You might be eating Halal meat without knowing it

Britain goes halal... but no-one tells the public: How famous institutions serve ritually slaughtered meat with no warning

A Mail on Sunday investigation - which will alarm anyone concerned about animal cruelty - has revealed that schools, hospitals, pubs and famous sporting venues such as Ascot and Twickenham are controversially serving up meat slaughtered in accordance with strict Islamic law to unwitting members of the public.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz103g1OSnd

Banned
    You gotta be kidding me

i think u will not know the difference ???

When i was hospitalized and recuperating a nurse asked me if i want halal (no idea what she meant,but she said its a delicious meat)...
    I said NO, as i never fancied any hospital food anyway
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    You gotta be kidding me
    It's true there have been stories recently about Kentucky Chicken getting up to the same tricks

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post

i think u will not know the difference ???
    I'm not comfortable with the barbaric way the animals are slaughtered

Banned
    Same here. Is this the middle ages We have facilities and procedures here so animals can be slaughtered as painlessly as possible. Why the are we allowing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    ever been to the philipines

anyway, a none story
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

i have to eat halal meat every day here in saudi, its always the same and fine until i consider how the animal died, then for some reason it tastes different

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila
    I also have to eat halal meat out in egypt and to be honest it all tastes the same. Mind my company is now in such trouble the quality of the food is appalling.

The worst thing I've seen here was when my ship was tied up in Alexandria port and across the berth from us was a "new" egyptian built car carrier just come in from sea trials. On the quay they had a cow tied up and at the appropirate signal chappy comes along and slits the cows throat!!! Trouble is he made such a mess of it that he had to have a go at it again about 30 seconds later. That felt along time to me but it probably felt a lot longer for the poor cow. THey just stood around clapping and chanting, watching it then with the cow collapsing they put their hands in the blood and put hand prints down the ships side!!

F**ked up
    It's been emontional

i dont mind as long as its not one of them balut eggs yuk yuk

Another case of our standards spiralling downwards to placate the minority

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Another case of our standards spiralling downwards to placate the minority
    I fully agree

i disagree, halal meat is cleaner and its better knowing an animal is being slautered quickly and not dying in vain but has a meaningful way to die in the name of the most high jah (god)
    in the west animals are slaughtered with no prayer or blessings....
    if not western standards are lower because the animal has to suffer...

Quote Originally Posted by malawi View Post
    i
    i didn't know animals were religious
    reminds me of a Annie Dillard quote

“Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"”
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    i disagree, halal meat is cleaner and its better knowing an animal is being slautered quickly and not dying in vain but has a meaningful way to die in the name of the most high jah (god)
    read post #8 above for an eyewitness account

yeah i get ya but still....i think it still better than a stun gun and no prayers.....its just my perpective
    i wont get into spirituality here bcaz i dont preach i listen however
    if a man believes in one creator then naturally that same creator giv life to animals

Did anyone ask the animals if they appreciated the most high jah insist they wriggle and squirm in their death throes, and its not a quick way to die as the brain stays active for up to 3 minutes as the body shuts down and closes blood off in the brain.

Off topic is another foreign practice that seems to be very common here now, urinating in public places, running down pavements, it seems every time I drive on a long journey I always cop an eyefull of someone relieving themselves beside the road. Its getting worse as it seems local authorities want to close public toilets to save money

im not reasoning with that man,,,,im reasoning with the difference between the two ways......anyways it meant to be a sacrifice killed that way, whether it right or wrong in the eyes of the most high aint my concern.
    hmm urinating outside? i was surprised in phils wen i see pink urinals being put around and wen i looked more closely i realised they were jus urinating on the plastic.....lol
    much better than urinting in other places tho

How on earth can holding an animal down and slitting its throat be considered better and quicker than a near instantanious death using a bolt that has been designed as the most effective, efficient and humane way of killing said animals? It takes a long time for an animal to die from having its throat cut, Have you seen animals killed this way, shaking and convulsing, eyes wide open in panic and pain with more often than not 4 or 5 men holding the poor thing down. Can you imagine the pain its going through? Obviously not.

Halal meat is not cleaner and better, its all based on religous beliefs that have no regard for animal welfare.
    It's been emontional

its simple, to muslims its history/religion, and they dont deviate from the Quoran. if its in there they do it, unless its hidden from people and then they will try everything they shouldnt, human nature

there must be far worse ways to kill a animal, besides it all comes out the same way
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    there must be far worse ways to kill a animal, besides it all comes out the same way
    Tell that to the cow, sheep, chicken. Nearly said pig but I think they're safe!!!!
    It's been emontional

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    Tell that to the cow, sheep, chicken. Nearly said pig but I think they're safe!!!!
    It's been emontional

Banned
    Another reason not to favour McDonalds with your business

Chicken McHalal: McDonald's denied using halal meat... now it admits meat IS in one of its most popular meals

Fast-food giant McDonald's has admitted selling halal chicken without telling its customers. The poultry was used in popular menu items such as Chicken McNuggets and the McChicken Sandwich in its 1,200 British outlets.

The admission comes three weeks after the company categorically denied to this newspaper that it used any halal meat. Now McDonald's has revealed that the firm that supplies its poultry, Cargill, produces halal chicken at one of its abattoirs.

In a statement to The Mail on Sunday, McDonald's said: 'As a result of your enquiries, our investigation has confirmed that some halal chicken has entered our supply chain without our knowledge, and we apologise to our customers for this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lar-meals.html

they say sorry. then what? carry on supplying as they already were. The crazy thing is they didnt know in the first place. I find that hard to believe

Just from my experience.
    Some years ago I was involved in a consultancy project with a very large UK meat products processing facility.
    This project was to last 3-6 months. I got involved in the slaughter process (not by choice)
    Even then, the company had different 'production lines' for Halal meat.

From what I saw, I would say it's better to not know too much about the process of killing animals for human consumption.
    It was a horrible and upsetting experience for me. I considered pulling out of the project during those first couple of weeks.

To believe that the traditional western way is more humane is simply not in line with the things that I saw. Remember, we are talking about production lines here. It's about time and cost.
    I saw animals go down, then get up, then go down again. Even 3 or 4 times.

I personally came to the conclusion that there was not much to choose between the two production processes.
    The people who worked on these processes saw it as just a job. They have to. They get used to it.
    Not everyone could that job.

If you put the slaughter house in the high st made of glass meat consumption would drop dramaticaly

Ive killed my own chickens ducks goats and pigs and in my view its something to do "mindfully"

On a nother note found a packet of Hal hal popcorn in the houyse yesterday
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

religion wow its in our meat now, hay ho if you were starving you would eat what ever was put in front of you and no matter were it was from , yes we have a choice here but dont tell me its easy for the animal this way or that way to die, again i have said this many many times its our own choice what we do unless some fanatic says differant then eat and be happy, i must admit since emma has been cooking my food has change sometimes for the better other times well i wont go there just yet , eat what you want and be happy, now wheres my mars bar

I am a meat eater but I can say is if I had to kill myself what I was going to eat, I would most likly not eat meat at all.

My late father did a lot of chicken killing and dressing and I can remember at an early age trying to help him but stuck to stubbing (removing small bits of feathers after being plucked)

Mick.

indeed mick i too remember that well and if we was lucky we had the chickens foot and played with that puling the musel in the leg making the claws open and frightning the girls

The very best chicken I had was in Philippines.
    Carina's family decided to make a beach BBQ. Just dug a hole in the sand, filled with charcoal and BBQ'd the chicken.
    During the morning the chicken was running around.
    It reminded me of when my dad used to keep chickens. I used to help prepare those but never did see how he despatched them.

But the taste of that BBQ chicken was fantastic. Bought back childhood memories of the taste of chicken we had at Christmas.
    That was about the only time we ate chicken in those days. It was such a treat.
    Wow, going back a long time that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information