Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
I am so relieved to tell you all that my brother and his family flew in to the UK yesterday! He was immediately transferred to hospital by ambulance where he was seen in Accident and Emergency before being sent for an MRI scan. The filipino medical team accompanying my brother were so impressed by the A&E department. They were given a guided tour of the facilities by the British nursing staff, which I thought was lovely of them since it was quite busy.

My brother was very poorly and so lethargic that he was transferred to Neurology Critical Care last night. I spent this afternoon with him and he is now stable enough to be transferred and is waiting for a bed to become available. I was delighted to find that he is now able to hold short conversations, which is absolutely wonderful!

The consultant has confirmed the diagnosis and it's going to be a long haul but at least my brother is now here and I will be able to help him and his family every step of the way.

Thank you so much to everyone who has taken an interest, it's very much appreciated.
rosie

So happy to finally hear the good news.
Your brother and his family are now here in UK.

Yours is a story that although not directly ours, fills up so many spaces in our lives.

One thing you now know is that through hope, strength and determination no situation is permanent.

All you have to do is think back on recent weeks to the highs and lows that you have been through already.
I am sure there were times when it seemed like there was no way out of them.
But here you are a few weeks later, having gone through some really difficult times and having scored victories over them.

From what you have said it sound like your brother has made further significant progress.

Our words of encouragement and strength to you and your family today, are that even the difficulties you are all facing now will pass.

Seems the medical staff in Philippines also did a fine job. Well done to them!

God Bless all