Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyudosha View Post
    You know, after reading all the posts in this threat, i am so glad that I joined.

I guess for me stuck here in the UK, I was determined to find a woman with the many qualities I wanted in a long term partner or marriage partner. I have a long connection to things oriental and I yearned for someone who showed loyalty, respect and love (among many other things), which I saw were much more prevelent in the Far East.

I started my LDR in Feb. this year with the express intention of being honest and faithful, because to me that's the only way to be in a relationship. Sticking by those ideals I have found a woman (Zeth) who is exactly what I have been looking for for so long. I intend to remain honest and faithful, especially now that I can see HER loyalty and love in return.

Yes its hard. And I agree wholeheartedly with everything everyone has said here. Thanks guys. It just makes me realise that I'm on the right track.

Steve
    Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.
    Great to hear you have found your diamond. I wish you the best of luck for the future, Just carry on as you are and she'll love you.

Steve
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    So the 3 Stooges (Steves) have a new member now! what should we call u all 4 now? (Steve.r, stevewool, steviec, and now the newest Steve)

we are taking over the world

Hi, this is Terpe aka steve
    I wanna join the steve club

Blimey.... plenty of inbreeding with these Steve's...... are they trying to catch up with the Jones'
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by steve monty View Post
    long and short distance relationships are the same in my opinion, you still need those qualities of being honest, faithful and respect irrespective of distance.
    Spot on!

Respected Member
    I'm changing my name to Steve too

I think us Steve's need our own section in the forum.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    So the 3 Stooges (Steves) have a new member now! what should we call u all 4 now? (Steve.r, stevewool, steviec, and now the newest Steve)
    exactly what i was about to say too is UK a "steve" nation?
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboo View Post
    for me its about understanding as much as possible about each other, honesty and trust is everything, the minute one of these goes it becomes the beginning of the end, sure there are times when its easy to misunderstand words in a message so i find it best to call often by phone even if for a few mins, in a phone call or skype call you can feel the emotions, in just messaging its easy to read something in a different way to what it was meant.
    1. trust
    2. love
    3. friendship
    4. respect
    5. PATIENCE
    6. PATIENCE
    7. PATIENCE
    8. PATIENCE
    9. PATIENCE
    10. PATIENCE

oh, did i just type the same thing six time?
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Quote Originally Posted by ghee101 View Post
    exactly what i was about to say too is UK a "steve" nation?
    i am thinking of that too ghee...most parents in UK might like the name STEVE thats why they name it with their kids.. and the 3 steves i know are all HANDSOME, agree ghee?...

LOL! Is this thread about LDRs or about Steves?

Erm, anyway, I think LDRs are all about getting used to not having what most other couples take for granted. If you're a loving couple, you'd appreciate being able to hold hands, hug, kiss, and do all sorts of other things that folks in LDRs just aren't able to do (like maybe ). Haha!

People around you may not understand why you're in a relationship with someone who is thousands of miles away. My dad tried for a few months to make me break up with my bf. He said that if I really wanted a boyfriend, why not just find someone here in the US? Why insist on being online every single day just to talk to someone 6000 miles away? My answer was always that he was worth every second of it (and every tear, every sigh, every frown). Besides, it got easier after the first visit, especially since he made me promise no more tears.

If you find that one person you're meant to be with, nothing else will matter. And on the matter of trust, he/she wouldn't betray your trust anyway. Anyone who does is obviously not the right person.

I guess if you want the Long Distance Relationship works, first you need to be honest to your partner all the time.. And second, Trust even though your million miles away from each other he/she have the trust..That's what really important and last sacrifice to test how much you love your partner in time that your were apart because you want a better future for her/him.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    This is the most common problem, especially when you include British humour that is often taken as fact at the other end, as well as the wonderful English language meaning more than one context can be taken out of a single sentence.
    This is very true, I have a very dry and sometimes sarcastic sense of humour and a tendency to exaggerate a situation to stress my point, which most Brits get as we see it every day on TV comedy shows. This is very often taken as fact at the other end of my Yahoo chat. Fortunately, Elaine has a great sense sense of humour too and can wind me up as much as I wind her up. Working in a call centre dealing with Aussies for the last 2 years has given her a pretty good understanding of the western sense of humour.
    Back on thread: I agree with everything that's been said, communication, honesty, openess and trust are the key ingredients, love on its own is not enough. I've been with Elaine for 5 months and so far none of the paranoia that was in my previous LDR has surfaced because we both try hard to make sure the above ingredients are always present and we don't shy away from asking difficult questions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    How do you deal with it?????

Is it the same as short distance relationship?????
    *be honest with each other
    *be faithful with each other
    *trust each other
    *try not to bug each other too much

... You only get out of the relationship what u are prepared to put in ...so if u dont make much effort, dont be surprised if u get dumped!!!
    IMO it is much harder than short distance; Perseverance and also the ability to look at the big picture are the two musts.

it is very hard when your loved one is 7,000 miles away.

Talking everyday and speaking everyday.

But it is so worth it, and you dream and think about the day you get to see her smile and hold her. That keeps me going

Good points here, I'm one of you guys...but have to stay strong to achieve something!

Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    LDR's inevitably mean the relationship will have to stand the test of time. And during the times apart you will get difficult periods and musunderstandings. Trust is obviously paramount , and making some sacrifices as well due to circumstances that prevail at the time will probably occur.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information