Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Why ?

Why ?

why is it that whenever i mention my wife is filipino the locals think that i married a much younger woman or a hooker? I am lucky to be married to a fili woman who is a few yrs younger than I who I adore and love more than life itself but still get the same attitude from the racist locals. My own family love her and can see the difference in me but strangers upon hearing think differently.

are you happy?

then them!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

i just tell people my misses is chinese
    and she tells me everyone thinks she chinese and the next one will get
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

very happy with her. I adore the woman and love her greatly

Banned
    Something most of us have gone though You learn to grin and bare it I had the old chestnut I get quite often the other day, when I mentioned my misses was from Phils - "So you got yourself a Thai bride then have you?"

Just pity their ignorance, and be glad they think the way they do. We don't want all the riff raff going over there

I've heard it all as well.

For some, there is probably a hint of jealousy. The fact that you married a dark exotic woman, from a far off land...Many men, will daydream about that.

Respected Member
    We've all been through it, and it does hurt at first but you soon harden to it. TBH people will think what they want to think and no amount of you trying to justify it will change their attitudes My attitude now is Fk them too. I'm happy, i have a beautiful girlfriend who I know adores me too, that's all that matters to me

well, its too bad that filipinas has bad reputation because of the news and gossips about the mail-to-order-bride, prostitutions, illegal settlers etc etc which to me is very unfair coz its happening in other countries as well..

maybe like sim said, they are just jealous of you guys for having such a nice woman in your life and i hope that you will defend us and let them know the true qualities of the filipinas..

you are one of the lucky guys in the world to be married to an amazing woman... be happy!!!

congrats

too bad, really!

I bought some fish and chips down the chinese shop and they were just kept looking at me from head to toe....i dont really care what they think about me. Yes i am a Filipino and i am from the Philippines where the hostage and killing done. And everytime i go for a walk with my husband people couldnt help looking at me with mix thoughts but who cares? i dont have to live thinking that i need to impress every people around me.
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

Just tell them how great the sex is and go into detail ... that'll shut the guys up who have wives who do squat
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

the people who dish out the **** are normally narrow minded and uneducated and have never been abroad or out of there own town and have no " wordly " knowdledge , like many of said its jelousoly and petty minded behavior ..........

a mate of mine once said the girls who give out **** are jelous of the typical asian trademarks and the guys are just envious of what they are missing out on !!

Remember that a lot of these people will be saying it sarcastically, don't take everything so serious.

You can always tell the guys than she's miles better than the Nora Batty lookalike he has
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Badrock I see you're from Wales. Do they think you're betraying the sheep in your area?

How's that for some add on stereotyping?
    In all seriousness a lot of people just can't be original (like me). It's probably best to humour them than get agitated.

Quote Originally Posted by badrock View Post
    why is it that whenever i mention my wife is filipino the locals think that i married a much younger woman or a hooker?
    ... ignorance and jealousy, most likely!!

why is it that whenever i mention my wife is filipino the locals think that i married a much younger woman or a hooker. I am lucky to be married to a fili woman who is a few yrs younger than I who I adore and love more than life itself but still get the same attitude from the racist locals. My own family love her and can see the difference in me but strangers upon hearing think differently.
    Who cares???
    As long as your happy
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Just pity their ignorance, and be glad they think the way they do. We don't want all the riff raff going over there

................Love it well said!!!

I had some **** at work ask me once if I was married to a Thai mail order bride..
    Instead of giving him a smack,I ended up convincing him to take a trip to Manila to see what he was missing out on..
    I heard He`s married to one now with about 3 kids.
    I bet the nutter still thinks Manila is in Thailand!

Banned
    Bangkok to manila is about the same distance as London to Morocco, next time I get asked if I have a Thai bride, I'll say "Nope, you got an African one?"

A man buys a Thai bride.

On their wedding night, they lie in bed, and she is constantly stroking his willy.

The man, happy that his bride is paying him so much attention, asks: Do you really like my willy so much?

No, she replies: .........

"I just miss mine".

like many have said before and after me , take no notice , most have never heard of the phils always thailand, and most are so stupid thick and jealous , take pride and always walk hand in hand with your loved one

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    "I just miss mine".
    ... willy-nil(ly) then, eh!?

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Bangkok to manila is about the same distance as London to Morocco
    ... is it REALLY, Paul? As far as that?

i experienced that as well...we were at the bus stop and all the guys kept staring at us head to toe...but that time i wasn't with my husband but with my kid and EMMA!!! LOL...

well i dont really care if people stare at me..just ignore them ..but the truth is i dont feel any antagonism on their stare..they smiled at me so i smiled back

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    A man buys a Thai bride.

On their wedding night, they lie in bed, and she is constantly stroking his willy.

The man, happy that his bride is paying him so much attention, asks: Do you really like my willy so much?

No, she replies: .......

"I just miss mine".

oh my word!!!
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

Quote Originally Posted by stem298 View Post
    well i dont really care if people stare at me..just ignore them ..but the truth is i dont feel any antagonism on their stare..they smiled at me so i smiled back
    hey girl i missed ur call yesterday...been on shopping all day and left mobile at home...how r u

why is it that whenever i mention my wife is filipino the locals think that i married a much younger woman or a hooker?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... ignorance and jealousy, most likely!!
    So WHY feel "bad"? ... SHE'S your "rock"!

Like many people say, it is not worth worrying about as it's going to happen from time-to-time. People will already have their own pre-judged thoughts.

In my opinion, the coupling of people from different cultures is likely to become more common in future. The UK is a multi-cultural society already, despite some frictions. How many people do you see coupled together from different backgrounds? I've seen men of Indian/Pakistani orgin coupling up with white British women. A white male from the UK married to an Eastern European lady. I met a man of Indian origin who was married to a woman from Peru. I often see black men coupled with white women and that seems socially accepted, in some cases the black male having an African accent. Why seeing a British male with a lady from the Phillipines is seen in any different light, I have no idea.

Travel is far easier now with more accessible destinations than 20 years ago. The internet has many different types of dating and social sites which help to encourage LDR. I think another 15 years down the line and possibly people will not pre-judge so easily.

Thread Information