Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I been Scammed

Newbie (Restricted Access)

I been Scammed

Hi everyone.

I thought I meet the special someone. This time last year. Then in March she started chatting with a richer man and said she loved me but he was offering enough money to go to college and look after her family. In May she told me she was no longer in contact with this other man, from May she always had a reason why she needed more money then her allowance so she was getting double. Last week she said she was going to stay with her brother in Manila to look for work. On Sunday she told me she was going the next day by bus and since then her phone been off. I found out on Tuesday that she went to Manila to meet the other man and she already had her visa for flying out and the last few months was all about getting as much money from as she could from me this is not the first time I have heard of this happening. So I ask does every Filipino have such low morals as many seem to behave like this.

You'll find just as many Asian are scammed by Westerners, but the majority are scammed by their own kind. It is rare in the grand scheme of things, but the golden rule is don't send anything until you've at least met. They survived without your money before, so can do so while you are courting.

Sorry you got screwed though not a nice thing to happen to anyone, and you won't be the last.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    So I ask does every Filipino have such low morals as many seem to behave like this.
    Sorry to hear what happened. The answer to the above is no, it's an inaccurate generalisation to say "many" but I guess there are a number of online reports of scammers. Better luck next time, I'd second the sound advice of don't send money or anything until you've met the person.
    Last edited by raynaputi; 27th November 2012 at 19:16.

Banned
    Hi everyone.

I thought I meet the special someone. This time last year. Then in March she started chatting with a richer man and said she loved me but he was offering enough money to go to college and look after her family. In May she told me she was no longer in contact with this other man, from May she always had a reason why she needed more money then her allowance so she was getting double. Last week she said she was going to stay with her brother in Manila to look for work. On Sunday she told me she was going the next day by bus and since then her phone been off. I found out on Tuesday that she went to Manila to meet the other man and she already had her visa for flying out and the last few months was all about getting as much money from as she could from me this is not the first time I have heard of this happening. So I ask does every Filipino have such low morals as many seem to behave like this.
    not all but when talking about money i think people all over the world being deceive by this diabolic thingy
    Last edited by raynaputi; 27th November 2012 at 19:16.

Banned
    That's unlucky mate, similar thing happened to me. A lot you'll find have higher morals than you'll find here, but it happens often what you've been through. A lot of these girls play the field until you've got a ring on their finger.

Forget about her. Money lost. Lesson learned. Plenty more out there

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post

Forget about her. Money lost. Lesson learned. Plenty more out there
    Honest comments and sensible advice from all the posts here. It's also happened to me, and I would add that it's VITAL to actually meet the girl as soon as possible Yes, there is the cost of the return trip to the Philippines but that's money far better spent than frittering it away before you meet . Find out as much as possible about the country and its culture before you go Most filipinos speak English, which may be reassuring, but there are cultural differences. Buying a travel guide and phrase book could be a very good investment.

This happened to me once - and once only. Not a nice experience :(

Touch wood, it hasn't happened to ME ... yet ... perhaps because I'm a . We 'Jocks' tend to keep a tight grip on our sporrans ... and the moths usually get a "breath of fresh air" whenever we deign to open our wallets.

But seriously, I fully concur with what the others here have already stressed. NEVER - in ANY circumstances - send "money" to someone you haven't already met ... regardless of the sob stories you're deluged with!!! And no, not all Filipinas are like your "friend"! Very FEW are, in actual fact.

So please ... DON'T let this nasty experience put you off. to the forum ... and better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Languish View Post
    This happened to me once - and once only. Not a nice experience :(
    This is sad to know that you have experienced this before.

i'm so sorry to hear experiences like this

nope, not all filipinas are the same it just so happened that you encountered and interacted with the wrong girl/lady/woman... just be very careful in choosing and like some of the views and opinions here in the forum, dont give in to all the request of your love one especially if you haven't met each other yet... if she asked for money on an early stage of your relationship then i really dont think that the love she shows is genuine... but dont lose hope, there are more decent and honest single women left.. just keep on looking and you will be very happy one day

good luck to you! keep on smiling

Im sorry to hear what happened. Not all filipinas are the same. Its just that you have to be very careful now a days and not to trust and give everything specially when you havent met each other.

She has lived fooling herself and messing about people's feelings and so we cant expect to live her life happily with the guy shes with.
    She couldnt settle and stick to someone then her relationship will never settle. I guess her karma will come soon.
    I feel awful and ashame to hear stories about this specially when pinays are involved.
    I do apologize, you'll find the right one soon.
    I'm a cruel and heartless bitch but I’m damn good at it!

sorry to hear your bad story....be very careful next time.

I sent money to a filipina before we met....but now she is here with me in the UK and is my wife. Sorry to hear about your bad experience but please dont be put off.

I have a very nice sister-in-law if your interested in meeting someone genuine.

Hi everyone.

Hello!!!..Welcome to Fil-UK!!!
    Please be very careful next time and dont put your heart on your sleeve....there are still lots of genuine filipina in the world..
    chin up!!!
    cheer up!!
    Last edited by raynaputi; 27th November 2012 at 19:17.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member
    Alright mate. Sorry to hear your story. It has also happened to myself, although I was "lucky" enough that my experience only last for a couple of months. Even more luckily, I came across this website at the time which not only helped me recognise what was going on, but also lead me to meet, fall in love with, marry and now happily live together with my beautiful filipina wife here in the UK.

Stick around here with us mate and between us all here we'll help you come to terms with your experience and hopefully better things in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    .... Even more luckily, I came across this website at the time which not only helped me recognise what was going on, but also lead me to meet, fall in love with, marry and now happily live together with my beautiful filipina wife here in the UK.....
    Did I ever get Rep for that?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    A few months ago that girl I broke up with long ago reappeared and told me tales of poverty which would make a crocodile have tears in his eyes...

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-from-the-past........

I recently found she just got married and she kept on writing me even after the pics of her and the lucky sucker who married her were on her Facebook!

Honestly I found that funny and shocking at the same time. She thinks I am a dumbo and I never heard of Facebook. Of course I stopped writing her even before I found about her wedding and she must be wondering what happened... but don't worry, most Pinays are really great!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificelectric View Post
    A few months ago that girl I broke up with long ago reappeared and told me tales of poverty which would make a crocodile have tears in his eyes...

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-from-the-past........

I recently found she just got married and she kept on writing me even after the pics of her and the lucky sucker who married her were on her Facebook!

Honestly I found that funny and shocking at the same time. She thinks I am a dumbo and I never heard of Facebook. Of course I stopped writing her even before I found about her wedding and she must be wondering what happened... but don't worry, most Pinays are really great!
    your lucky, i met my wife in rp through my now brit ex mate that was married to filipina since 82 and she was cousin, i lived out ther on and off and until last year for 3 year stint, my big mistake was getting married ther and even bigger mistake was having kids with her, i dont want to go into detail, but you can get scammed after you have been married to filipina and you can get scammed on computer, and i only started using computer last year, but i supouse its better to be told bullshit and get crocodile tears on computer rather than after you married a girl and find out after. but thers always a silver clould on the horizan, and i have since met a lovley english girl that works in my local lidl store,all i want now and i will get is my kids back 2 england..

Quote Originally Posted by junior02 View Post
    your lucky, i met my wife in rp through my now brit ex mate that was married to filipina since 82 and she was cousin, i lived out ther on and off and until last year for 3 year stint, my big mistake was getting married ther and even bigger mistake was having kids with her, i dont want to go into detail, but you can get scammed after you have been married to filipina and you can get scammed on computer, and i only started using computer last year, but i supouse its better to be told bullshit and get crocodile tears on computer rather than after you married a girl and find out after. but thers always a silver clould on the horizan, and i have since met a lovley english girl that works in my local lidl store,all i want now and i will get is my kids back 2 england..
    scammed by a wife?...

Respected Member
    in a way i have been scammed by my wife, the main reason is, wen i was living in rp my kids got very ill and my youngest was in icu wen born, i came bak 2 uk end of last year and since ive been bak my wife called me saying she wanted extra cash as kids ill and in hospital again, i sent the extra cash, she did this 3 times then i thought somthing not right, so i called hospital and they told me that my kids wer not admitted on the dates my wife said they wer. so in my way of thinkng thats being scammed, and how low can a filipina go to get money wen they use ther own kids to get money, and i met my wife in rp a long time ago... also i hope that warns people to be carefull wen u get into relationship with filipina and certaintly wen you met them on computer and then send them money you must be mad..

in a way i have been scammed by my wife, the main reason is, wen i was living in rp my kids got very ill and my youngest was in icu wen born, i came bak 2 uk end of last year and since ive been bak my wife called me saying she wanted extra cash as kids ill and in hospital again, i sent the extra cash, she did this 3 times then i thought somthing not right, so i called hospital and they told me that my kids wer not admitted on the dates my wife said they wer. so in my way of thinkng thats being scammed, and how low can a filipina go to get money wen they use ther own kids to get money, and i met my wife in rp a long time ago... also i hope that warns people to be carefull wen u get into relationship with filipina and certaintly wen you met them on computer and then send them money you must be mad..
    did she told you that they were admitted to hospital?..coz sometimes when children are sick they dont need to admit them...just a visit and prescription is only needed...when we were in the philippines my son always sick almost every month b'coz of the warm and changing weather...and doctors fee and medicine aren't cheap to get...

sad to say junior your not the first or last to be 'scammed' or 'used' by your wife or girlfriend ( a number of members on here have to) , but it happens everywhere not just in the phils
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hi everyone.

Im sorry you got 'scammed' as you call it but not all ladies from philippines are the same. Im sure every country has men/women who want one thing and will be dis honest as possible to get it. Please be positive and dont judge us in nasty way

Take care
    Last edited by raynaputi; 27th November 2012 at 19:18.

Respected Member
    I'm sorry to read about your problems. I echo everyone elses sentiments, and like many of the guys on here it didn't work out with my first Filipina g/f either. Please don't judge all Filipina's by one bad experience. The ladies on here are all genuine professional ladies, honest, intelligent, educated and independent women. I am sure they are horrified at some of the things they hear and what some westerners say about Pinays.
    I had my own problems a few months ago, I knew I was being ripped off both financially and emotionally. The ladies on here restored my faith in Filipina's and I have since met a beautiful and lovely new g/f who has all of the good qualities I've mentioned above.
    This forum is invaluable, many of the members have faced the same problems I have, they've been there, seen it and worn the T-shirt. Their advice is priceless. The ladies also provide an honest Pinay perspective and very frequently point out what you should be looking for.
    Without this forum and the members I would either be bankrupt or an emotional wreck

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I'm sorry to read about your problems. I echo everyone elses sentiments, and like many of the guys on here it didn't work out with my first Filipina g/f either. Please don't judge all Filipina's by one bad experience. The ladies on here are all genuine professional ladies, honest, intelligent, educated and independent women. I am sure they are horrified at some of the things they hear and what some westerners say about Pinays.
    I had my own problems a few months ago, I knew I was being ripped off both financially and emotionally. The ladies on here restored my faith in Filipina's and I have since met a beautiful and lovely new g/f who has all of the good qualities I've mentioned above.
    This forum is invaluable, many of the members have faced the same problems I have, they've been there, seen it and worn the T-shirt. Their advice is priceless. The ladies also provide an honest Pinay perspective and very frequently point out what you should be looking for.
    Without this forum and the members I would either be bankrupt or an emotional wreck
    very well said ian

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Did I ever get Rep for that?
    Would you believe me if I said I was still a newbie back then and didn't know how to do it, and I promise to do it today?!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    very well said ian
    You are most welcome Rani, you and indeed most of the regular ladies have helped me enormously both on here and Facebook

we all have been burnt someway or another , just be carefull in life , when i first started looking for a friend , partner for myself you had so many to chose, looking back i was foolish once a young atractive lady saying hi to me and silly steve got took in , it felt good and it did not cost me much a few pound here and there some gifts in total £30 or less, my advice is to be yourself always ask questions and never send mony until yourself is very very sure , that is unless you want too,

Hi every one all good advice thank you.

I have just found out she as got married I am talking to the man's friend on facebook.hand Have posted to him the letter i posted on her cities facebook pages.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information