Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I been Scammed

Respected Member
    oh well...lesson learned. next time, you'll be more careful.

hmmm, i've been chatting for sooo many years now, but why cant i get to switch to the rich men. as far as i can remember, i had all the chance i chose someone who's also broke

oh well....love. i think i'll be known as the martyr of Fil-UK forum.

ooops, btw -- WELCOME to the forum!!

seriously, sometimes you just have to experience some things to learn from it. i have given so many advice to my favorite early 90s site "asian singles connection" and made lotsa friends there, i reported suspicious pinay pages too. you're not alone and i hate knowing some pinays ruin it for all of us. gosh, im poor myself. but after learning about them, i never asked my ex from many years ago even a single cent even if he offered many times ( i guess i should've -- he offered anyway )
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Quote Originally Posted by ViesVies View Post
    Im sorry you got 'scammed' as you call it but not all ladies from philippines are the same. Im sure every country has men/women who want one thing and will be dis honest as possible to get it. Please be positive and dont judge us in nasty way

Take care
    It doesn't only happen to foreigners. My ex's mother does that to her filipino husband who work's abroad. Some women are after the money and become materialistic. Not only filipina/filipino do that... I think everywhere in the world some people are like that. Just need to be mindful.
    Life as we make it

Crikey, I'm new to this site and had no idea that this type of "scamming" happened so frequently. What a horrible experience and I hope that it is not one to be repeated. Please do remember that, as we say in the UK ....... What goes around comes around ...........!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Please do remember that, as we say in the UK.......What goes around comes around...........!
    we say this everywhere

Banned
    Hi,

We all have problems in our lives at times, whether it is with people in the UK or from other countries.

Don't give up on Filipinas.

Anything worth having is worth waiting for and there are many people on this forum who have come through bad times to find the right person.

In my experience, there is nothing like the love that a Filipina imparts
    Last edited by raynaputi; 27th November 2012 at 19:20.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    I had this message sent to my on my facebook I wondered whether anyone agrees that you can love someone you meet on line. I would welcome comments from anyone who met their wives or husbands in chat rooms before actually meeting the person and feel in love.

This guy thinks I am a teenager with teenage emotions by the messages he sends me. I have removed her name as there is no need to name her here.

and since you never have actually physically met her,i don't think you really met her,i think you were infatuated by her coy demure behavior on the web cam ,and fell in love with an artificial woman,pretending to love you,a woman who played the role of someone you could trust and love to the t,i think you should wake up and smell the coffee,because life is short and not worth pondering over people you never actually met ,i think you should save some money and make the trip here to the philippines and see for yourself what a third world country is like,and see how desperate people here are

I'm sorry to hear those bad experience
    I just do what I want.It's not about what people are saying...It's about Me

I had this message sent to my on my facebook I wondered whether anyone agrees that you can love someone you meet on line. I would welcome comments from anyone who met their wives or husbands in chat rooms before actually meeting the person and feel in love.

i am still single but i definitely agree that you can fall in love with someone you meet online... isn't it why you spend a large amount of money to meet her/him in person coz you are falling for her/him?

and since you never have actually physically met her,i don't think you really met her,i think you were infatuated by her coy demure behavior on the web cam ,and fell in love with an artificial woman,pretending to love you,a woman who played the role of someone you could trust and love to the t,i think you should wake up and smell the coffee,because life is short and not worth pondering over people you never actually met ,i think you should save some money and make the trip here to the philippines and see for yourself what a third world country is like,and see how desperate people here are
    this comment is very uncalled for... whoever wrote this must be desperately desperate
    Last edited by raynaputi; 27th November 2012 at 19:20.

Banned
    ........I wondered whether anyone agrees that you can love someone you meet on line..................
    I think it depends on the person.
    I could never love anyone without meeting first, but my wife said many Filipinos fall in love via text for example.

As long as it makes you happy, as the song goes
    Last edited by raynaputi; 27th November 2012 at 19:22.

Trusted Member
    Unfortunately scamming by Filipinas on dating sites seems to be rife now....especially by the ones who state that they are 'students'.
    It's a racket that is catching on fast.

Yes of course there are millions of genuine nice ladies waiting to meet you too, but putting your sensible head on is a MUST.

Why would anyone send money to someone they've never even met, and to someone who may not even be the person they purport to be ?

You've fallen in love with the idea of being with this gorgeous person. You're acting like a lovesick schoolboy, and you're not thinking straight. Get a grip !

It's quite easy to judge whether they're scamming you or not....IF you read between the lines, and bother to learn something about Filipino culture.

Go to the Phils, meet the lady and treat it as a normal relationship. If you can't do that, or have no intention of doing that, then don't bother corresponding with her at all...not fair to lead her/them on.

Respected Member
    I think some people lose their mind when they enter the world of online dating. This definately isn't limited to Filipina's, you also have Thai, Chinese, Russians etc doing the same. Then we have the Male and Female golddigging scammers from the Western Countries, who can be very evil.
    It may be that someone who has been lonely or unhappy, clings on to the good and positive messages that are being sent to them, they will themselves to believe in that person, despite the obvious signs of being taken for a ride. Then even after meeting that person, they convince themselves that it's cultural differences that are the barrier, and they everything will be ok eventually.
    But why commit yourself to someone, that your not really ready to be with, only once your comfortable with each other and know each other should you make that commitment. That also includes the financial commitments, because even through your speaking to someone from a poverty stricken country, if the are have a truly good Filipino Heart, they will have far more pride then to ask you for support at this stage. In fact, many of the upstanding girls from the hard backgrounds, will even deny themselves support from you once they are in the UK, and want to work.

The good girls in the Philippines are there, and plentiful. I have met many couples from this forum and another Cebu based forum, and have seen some real success stories. I met some intelligent, beautiful and interesting Filipina's, who's relationship works because both sides have made it work.
    The unlucky situations with scamming exist, and sometimes you get a little bite from one, but learn from it and move on. If you really want to find a wonderful Filipina, and are struggling and nervous via the internet dating, then maybe it's time to head out to the Philippines.
    Once you've been to the Philippines, you'll understand a lot more the culture, and you'll be able to relate a lot more to the women knowing the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    The good girls in the Philippines are there, and plentiful....................................
    Once you've been to the Philippines, you'll understand a lot more the culture, and you'll be able to relate a lot more to the women knowing the reality.
    Absolutely spot on! Go there!!

Respected Member
    The good girls in the Philippines are there, and plentiful.

The unlucky situations with scamming exist, and sometimes you get a little bite from one, but learn from it and move on. If you really want to find a wonderful Filipina, and are struggling and nervous via the internet dating, then maybe it's time to head out to the Philippines.
    i'm an axe murderer...lemme see your wallet...i snore...i fart a lot...

my boyfriend is a very lucky man.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghee101 View Post

ha ha

a filipina with a sense of humour
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    a filipina with a sense of humour
    who says im joking

we say this everywhere
    Karma most assuredly has a long memory too

thats very ouchieeeee... theres many people like that nationwide and worldwide.... forget her and move on.. ur even lucky u didnot end up with her or else u will be sleeping and living in a deceitful woman.. so better forget her, take a step to heal all burdens, and always remember... God has plans for everything.. and theres always light after the dark....

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Languish View Post
    Karma most assuredly has a long memory too
    indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by katerry View Post
    thats very ouchieeeee... theres many people like that nationwide and worldwide.... forget her and move on.. ur even lucky u didnot end up with her or else u will be sleeping and living in a deceitful woman.. so better forget her, take a step to heal all burdens, and always remember... God has plans for everything.. and theres always light after the dark....
    yes. time has a way of healing things and is also useful to know someone, we can never know someone overnight. and even if you live with that person, you will still discover a lot of things.

ahhh...did i mention im an axe murderer? oh yes!

sorry to hear..not all filipina coz my husband sent me money before we met,im here now in glasgow happily married..

Respected Member
    Ah well, you see I had to spend money on my missus from the minute we first spoke to each other, because I met her at work, and every date cost me money

if anyone is sending money then its there own choice, what makes grown men and women send money to some they have only seen on cam , it takes some trust to do that, start off with something small and see how it goes, but always remember to only send what you can, there was a thread started how much to send not long ago, again if its your own money then its up to you what you do with it ,

Ah well, you see I had to spend money on my missus from the minute we first spoke to each other, because I met her at work, and every date cost me money
    at least your engaged to her ricky , i did one better and married her
    not so easy to say no sometimes, not until you've been in that persons situation, but like my misses use to say when she asked for for things 'it's only money'
    and i've said many times on here, it's easy to spend someone else's hard earned money'

scammed and used i think are 2 different things
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    haha I agree, we already have linked bank accounts, I earn, she spends. on the last day of the month we normally have 23 pence in the account.

haha I agree, we already have linked bank accounts, I earn, she spends. on the last day of the month we normally have 23 pence in the account.
    i normally have -£499 (my free overdraft limit)
    i think its hard to tell if your being 'scammed' or 'used' until you've met the person, even then it's not always possible to tell, as some members on here have married them, only to find out later

so those on here who say you would never send money to someone you've not met, you've not been in the same situation as them, and remember some have even married them only to discover later they were 'used' or 'scammed'

but dont send money to anyone you've not met and even if you have still be aware there are people who will 'use' or 'scam' you

so far so good for me and emma , like i have said so many things on here about my life, well my last 3 years, since knowing emma she or her family have never ever asked for anything from me , yes her nieces and nephews have the little buggers, but what kids dont, but giving them 20 pesos here and there you can see the smiles and thanks, xmas time i gave the kids again some pesos and took them shopping in total i think i spent between 10 and 12 pounds on the five off them, emma still never asks for anything but i do put £40 a month into her own account and £10 cash, we shop together no shopping comes out of that money so i am happy giving her that amount and emma so far says its ok, like i said her family have never asked for anything and when the time comes for emma to get work if she can , well things might change then , but i have all the trust in the world for emma i hope she never ever lets me down i wont let her down i know,

I met my wife online (we didnt marry online :P) but she was the second filipina I knew, the first would ask for money constantly due to a new tragedy every few days, but it was always an amount like £500 and I knew I was being scammed, I used to joke about it with my now wife who also knew the person concerned, but I can see how it might seem genuine. I once saw a youtube video of some guy ranting about Filipinas and was saying he owned some website that was like a support group for men who'd been ripped off by Filipinas, he said their most recent guy lost $700usd, but the guy before that was $7000. The guy was pretty jaded towards Filipinos I think but he did offer one bit of advice which I think is crucial: Never send money to somoene you havent ever met.

Ok, I broke the guys one bit of good advice myself, I sent my now wife money before I met her - not huge amounts, and she never asked for it but I knew she needed it, it did cross my mind that she could be a genius scammer who'd lured me into offering money, but she seemed genuine and I took a leap of faith and got lucky, if it was another girl it could've just as easily I know seemed real and I could've been scammed as you were.

As for the first filipina who did try to scam me, even now I wonder if one of her stories might have been true, and my wife and I are still friendly with her-say hi on facebook etc. I think the problem is if you are using chat rooms etc-thats where scammers hang out, regardless of nationality-online really isnt financially safe, even job recruitment sites are filled up with fake employers trying to scam people out of thier hard earned cash, my advice would be that if you want to meet nice Filipinos you're better off going to the Philippines and meeting them there rather than online where you dont even know if the person you are talking to is who they say they are.

I know online dating is equally difficult for girls for different reasons, men may have to dodge the occasional scammer, but my wife said she'd chatted with dozens of men before me and I was the first one who didnt either expose myself or try to get her to expose herself within the first few converstaions. Its a sick virtual-world out there, I think because people can convince themselves its not quite real if its just on the net, so they can behave in a way they wouldnt normally to either extract money or their pervert desires on the person on the other keyboard.

Trusted Member
    Good post.

Are you from York ?

This guy thinks I am a teenager with teenage emotions by the messages he sends me. I have removed her name as there is no need to name her here.

Dang! It sounds like she's got him wrapped around her little finger. I'm sorry you went through all that. :( Please believe that not all Filipinas are untrustworthy. In fact, if you look around here, you'll see lots of regulars who are quite happy in their relationships. If you can, just stay away from that couple. You've done your part by trying to warn the guy about her, and now whatever happens between them is no longer your problem.
    Last edited by raynaputi; 27th November 2012 at 19:23.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    Dang! It sounds like she's got him wrapped around her little finger. I'm sorry you went through all that. :( Please believe that not all Filipinas are untrustworthy. In fact, if you look around here, you'll see lots of regulars who are quite happy in their relationships. If you can, just stay away from that couple. You've done your part by trying to warn the guy about her, and now whatever happens between them is no longer your problem.
    i agree here. try to move on now and forget her

Quote Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
    I know online dating is equally difficult for girls for different reasons, men may have to dodge the occasional scammer, but my wife said she'd chatted with dozens of men before me and I was the first one who didnt either expose myself or try to get her to expose herself within the first few converstaions. Its a sick virtual-world out there, I think because people can convince themselves its not quite real if its just on the net, so they can behave in a way they wouldnt normally to either extract money or their pervert desires on the person on the other keyboard.
    GHEE<----pervert

but you know, in 9 months before i met my boyfriend in person, i could never get him to expose himself no matter how i bribed him

now when im angry, i just say, "STRIP!! bend over!! "

then he replies, "why dont you strip?"

i say, "YES, sir!!" right away, sir!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information