Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Britain's ghost towns

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reet-shut.html

What's it like in your part of the country? Seen quite a few pubs boarded up round here and plenty of empty shops.

We have one coming, its called the Olympic site that`s will probably be a white elephant. My mate lost his business when he was compulsory purchased and struggled to find a site to match, plus the best tile warehouse in the UK was moved. You could go there and find a match for tiles 40-50 years old. Its not so much a town more of an area, but as big as some towns.

yes i live in a ghost town, its probably got more pubs than anywhere else in the uk, many are boarded up now

Eccles Pubs / Bars - total : 20 and most are on the main road which is less than 1.5 miles long
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    We have one coming, its called the Olympic site that`s will probably be a white elephant. My mate lost his business when he was compulsory purchased and struggled to find a site to match, plus the best tile warehouse in the UK was moved. You could go there and find a match for tiles 40-50 years old. Its not so much a town more of an area, but as big as some towns.
    I remeber going stratford loads as a kid big old area which now when I travel over like you says looks like a big chance it will become a huge ghost town it parts and like you say the only people who benefited from the compulsary purchase were those who must have been tipped off and kept on bulidings they already outgrew or were looking to sell up the business

Round my Way it did look like it might be grim a few months but new businesses moved in but many locally famous/popular Pubs with years of history and memories for entire families just dissapeared or were forced to lose all their soul in months
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned

Thread Information