Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Join my Husband in UK, visa conditions

Please please can someone advise me. I married my Husband in Philippines in August 2009, my Husband was at the time un-employed through being made redundant. My husband is now working full time and I have been informed that the UK Visa website has changed its conditions on funds my husband needs to have in his account before I could join him. It used to be £3000 but it does not state that any more and both my husband and I have searched the UK Border Agency website but its no longer stated. It just states that he has to be working and able to support me and my son with no help from local government.
    Why are they no longer insisting my husband has to have atleast £3000 in bank account? I have also heard that as long as my husband has atleast £100 free each month I can now join him. He has a mortgage, working full time but being unemployed for 16 months he has really eaten his savings for us. Can someone please help me or atleast advise me. My prayers will be answered if what I have read and heard are correct

Yes I agree that it does not state that saving are required, but does help if you have savings. The main requirement, as you have said, is that he has the income to support you when you are here, without the recourse for public funds.

It states that 6 months of statements are required and as long as it does not show him being overdrawn, then there should be no problem.

When we applied back in late 2008, my accounts did not show big savings but enough income to support us and the visa was granted.

NO rule u have to have 3 k in the bank but if you dont it is good to impress that you both have looked into how you will cope and show in writing how you anticipate how you will avoid using public funds.

If i be honest you should both ensure you do have a little in reserve so that you both have no worries.

As rusty says best to show things are on the up and not going overdrawn.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Thank you for your advice. I think then we should postpone my visa application for my husband has started financially from rock bottom after being un-employed for 16 months. Why is our world so cruel to sepetate us, it is so un fair. I will write to my husband and tell him I will apply for my visa in one year from now and hope in this time that he can find savings. I work but earn little money so my chance of saving money is very minimal. Thanks again for advice Rusty. Your a true friend

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    NO rule u have to have 3 k in the bank but if you dont it is good to impress that you both have looked into how you will cope and show in writing how you anticipate how you will avoid using public funds.

If i be honest you should both ensure you do have a little in reserve so that you both have no worries.

As rusty says best to show things are on the up and not going overdrawn.

Thankyou for replying. My husband not over drawn but has been out of work due to his employer making vast amounts of people un employed. 16 months has passed and he is now working again but savings are very low. He has house on the market so that he can join me for thats how much he loves me. We both were excited when we learned they have dropped the 3k savings amount but now I have to accept it is going to be many years for us to be together. I hope his house sells in UK for i just want us to be a family either here or there. One year and counting..sigh

salamat

what is the procedure for me applying for my visa, I need passport but what next...does my husband send me documents like mortgage and bank statements via post or copies or do the emigration/visa people contact him, its so confusing as the website even asks for a flight date, i cant give a date because i have no visa surely?

Please help me

where do you intend to live in the phils or uk ? i asked because your husband is trying to sell his house
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    where do you intend to live in the phils or uk ? i asked because your husband is trying to sell his house
    If I cant join him in UK he will sell house and join me here in Phils. He knows its completely different to uk but we just want to be together. Many people have told him not to sell house and move here but his mind is made up and he says if I cant join him there he will join me here. If I join him in uk he will take house of sale

hes working now ?
    just get a loan or use a credit card and transfer say £3000 to his current account, and start saving the bank statements and pay slips, 6 months from now apply for a spouse visa ( i know its 6 month wait ! but it goes quick) thats what some people have to do
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information