Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bank Statement of the Applicant

will it help if I also have a a bank statement to present that has an amount of for example like 2,000 to 3,000 pounds?

well am kind of asking this matter because at the moment my husband doesn't have that much savings because he just got back to England from Philippines and we kind of spent our savings for the marriage and visiting places.... and his previous bank statement is kind of his been spending due to some well ...etc etc... and we didn't know about this bank statement thing that he needs to save and stuff like that like 110pounds a week... well the savings he had was spent for his travel here.....

he needs to send his last 6 current bank statements, if he doesn't they may ask for them or at worse they will base their decision on the evidence you supplied, which could increase your risk of refusal
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hi, I married my husband in Philippines, he was unemployed at the time and has only recent (june 2010) been in full time employment. I have heard that UK Border website no longer states that partners have to have £2000 or £3000 in personal bank account. We have both checked and neither of us can see this stated anymore. I have heard however that as long as my husband has at least £100 approx spare at the end of each month after all his expenditures that my visa might be granted. I dont know if this is true but we are both looking into it. My husband spent much of his savings and is now trying to recover. We married over a year ago and just want to be together, nothing more. I hope and pray your outcome is pleasant
    Viesvies

You say he doesn't have much savings but is he in the black? Ie not overdrawn? If so I cant see if explained in the cover letter that your husband is saving and has plenty of spare income to help you. That also you will bring with you savings to ensure that you will not need recourse to public funds. Pinays have show they have savings before when the Husband bank balance was not so good and they were granted a Visa

As a Marriage is a equal partnership who is to say who needs the savings as long as they are available to the household to ensure public funds are not needed.

Id like to see an ECO working under UK equality Laws say the Wife is not the equal of the Husband..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    As a Marriage is a equal partnership who is to say who needs the savings *as long as they are available to the household to ensure public funds are not needed.
    ... *that's surely the MAIN thing!

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Id like to see an ECO working under UK equality Laws say the Wife is not the equal of the Husband..
    Quite! ...

Besides (and I hope this will also go some way towards reassuring our two ladies here!) the Embassy OUGHT to be aware of just how costly it IS for husbands to travel to the Phils in order to spend much-needed time with their LAWFULLY-WEDDED wives ... and simultaneously build up sufficient photographic evidence of them being pictured together as COUPLES for the sake of satisfying the "powers that be" of their [usually] genuine relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Quite! ...

yeah coz before my husband arrived he used to have a satisfactory bank statement... and he was his two times this year and of course we didn't know that there are those kind of stuff about bank statement he was actually sad when we found out he said if he only knew he could have started saving last april well because we are both impatient to be together at the moment that's why we are sad... so hard to be far apart...

Do they also need to check my bank statement in the same manner? Like I have to show them my bank statement within 6 months? that I have that kind of money?

What if the one who ows me just paid me

no its up to the sponsor to show they can support you without you needing recourse to public funds, but of course if you have money then providing some evidence will only help with your visa app.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I hope that if I will do it's not going to be like I have to show 6 months of my bank statement as well ....

Quote Originally Posted by brokenpieces View Post
    I hope that if I will do it's not going to be like I have to show 6 months of my bank statement as well ....
    Im confused, does my husband send me bank statements here in phils? I thought embassy would contact him to send documents to them directly..Im so confused now.

As far as I understand on the checklist your husband need to submit it to you, and you will be the one to submit it to the embassy along with the other documents that you're going to submit for your application...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenpieces View Post
    As far as I understand on the checklist your husband need to submit it to you, and you will be the one to submit it to the embassy along with the other documents that you're going to submit for your application...
    Yes ... that is the correct procedure.

although I am really curious is there a website or a manual where I can really see or read the requirements like how much savings your partner should have...

It is not based on the size of your bank account...the ECO is more interested in how much money left each pay period after paying bills and tax,be able to support yourselves entirely without recourse to public funds.
    and have adequate accommodation.

this link gives good advice:
    http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/spouse/
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

ty I will check it

Remittance slips

Is it really necessary for my husband to send me a remittance or allowance or support every month? Or not? Because what if I can just support myself on my own and he really doesn't have to send me... does the home office really requires that there is a support from my husband that I am dependant to him? Anybody? Help??

Trusted Member
    I know lots of people who just had (borrowed) funds temporarily put into their account so it showed plenty on the statements submitted.

More than one way to skin a cat.

Similarly, anyone can agree to rent their house to you....long as it's in writing ... or offer you a job.

Civil servants just want to be able to tick boxes.
    I know. I used to be one.

what do you exactly mean can you specify in detail? because I dunno if there's a way that we don't need to wait and save money for six months.... and about the house.... can you specify it grahamw48 thanks

Trusted Member
    If your sponsor wants to show 'sufficient funds' (apart from normal pay), all he needs to do is get a very short term loan from a friend or relative and put it in his bank so that it shows on the statement. Can give it back the next week, or whatever.

With the house:
    If I have a friend who decides to rent their house to me, complete with a rentbook, etc then I have accommodation don't I.

I don't actually have to take them up on the offer, but again, I have the documents I need for the visa.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    If your sponsor wants to show 'sufficient funds' (apart from normal pay), all he needs to do is get a very short term loan from a friend or relative and put it in his bank so that it shows on the statement. Can give it back the next week, or whatever.

With the house:
    If I have a friend who decides to rent their house to me, complete with a rentbook, etc then I have accommodation don't I.

I don't actually have to take them up on the offer, but again, I have the documents I need for the visa.
    Personally, I'd think twice about supplying what in effect are false/ fraudulent documents as you run the risk of being found out. Your application could automatically be refused and you may be banned from coming to the UK for 10 years if you use a false document.

..........Civil servants just want to be able to tick boxes.
    I'm a former civil servant too ...... ex Inland Revenue ........ stand by your beds!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    I'm a former civil servant too ...... ex Inland Revenue ........ stand by your beds!
    Hehehehe..... guess what?
    Retired now.

The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.

Trusted Member
    They are NOT false documents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Personally, I'd think twice about supplying what in effect are false/ fraudulent documents as you run the risk of being found out. Your application could automatically be refused and you may be banned from coming to the UK for 10 years if you use a false document.
    brokenpieces, please take special notice of this sound advice

brokenpieces

Please take time out to read the following:-

Concerning supplied bank statements, these need to cover at least the previous 3 months (preferable 6 months) If there are disproportionate deposits and/or withdrawals in the bank statements, there is a probability that explanations
    may be required.

Concerning the house/flat, If the sponsor rents a flat or house, the tenancy agreement should be provided. If the applicant is not a signatory to the tenancy agreement, then an additional statement from the landlord (or estate agent) may be required that includes agreement that the premises will be occupied by an additional person.
    If an existing tenancy agreement is to be used, it may need to have six months before expiry.
    If the tenancy agreement does not have six months before expiry, then an additional statement from the landlord (estate agent) may be required showing intent to renew at the same terms.

Just to let you know some of the possibilities.

I know lots of people who just had (borrowed) funds temporarily put into their account so it showed plenty on the statements submitted.

More than one way to skin a cat.

Similarly, anyone can agree to rent their house to you....long as it's in writing ... or offer you a job.

Civil servants just want to be able to tick boxes.

hello Graham its me again ( yeah i've been lurking around everywhere here too lol)... isnt it too obvious if a big amount of savings suddenly comes in my account for the last...lets say 2 months only?? what if I or that filipina here doesn't have a job? isn't that more risky for the application? Im not applying for anywhere right now... but if its too conspicuous to just suddenly have a BIG amount on my SA i'd do the transferring-in/out now

Trusted Member
    It's the British sponsor who has to show sufficient funds to support you.

Obviously that includes being able to show proof of earnings and savings (bank statements plus pay slips).
    The extra funds would just be useful to show that there is enough money for air tickets, etc. If for instance my parents decided to donate £5,000 to this fund (savings account) then that is none of the govt's business.

The Filipina can be penniless if she's coming on a fiancee/spousal visa...doesn't matter.

Sponsor simply needs to show that you're both going to have somewhere suitable to live permanently (rental agreement/mortgage papers).

To put it simply: The government wants to make sure that they're not going to have to support you or your partner courtesy of our welfare state.

They also need to establish that the relationship is genuine, and that you're not really just coming here for 'economic advantage'...hence all the other copies of letters,emails, pictures of you together in Phils, etc.

It is when people tell lies, or are thought to be telling lies that they are likely to be turned down at interview, even if everything else appears to be in order. So always tell the TRUTH.

Seeing as my brother was the the head of Visa sections WORLDWIDE at the Foreign Office, I do have a bit of inside knowledge.

He did actually ask me what I thought of the service at the Manila embassy, and I had to tell him it was ***t !

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hehehehe..... guess what?
    Retired now.

The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.
    Oh wow ...... what a small world, we may have even come across each other but I left in the early 1980s

They are NOT false documents.
    Graham ....... bend over, you naughty man!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information